The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » DVD Suggestion for my girlfriend, Easy routines yet still very powerful magic (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
So I have held off for a long time only showing my gf effects and not telling her how they are done. Her interest has peeked so much that she wants to start learning how to do magic herself. I need to be careful not to overwhelm her though, so instead of throwing something like the Card College books at her, or Ammars card series. I think it might be wise to start her off with an easy to follow DVD that contains self working card tricks so that she can get some instant gratifications up front. Then I can throw her into more of a series of DVD's that she can start to study. Then I can introduce her to some books and really get her into it (If she wants to take it that far)

I am not too famelir with DVD's that contain self working material, so I was hoping that someone with some first hand experience with them could make a suggestion of a few different videos to take a look at.

Id like to just make sure that they are very easy routines. Yet powerful enough for me to be able to watch the video first, learn the routines, and then show her them so she knows how they should look when performed, and THEN ill let her learn them. I just want to make sure they are going to be routines that really make her go WOAH, so that she wants to take the effort to sit down and learn them, and more importantly let me teach her how to present them to make it more powerful.

If someone could just list a few different titles that you think she might like, id like to go read about them and some reviews so I can figure out one or two that I am willing to pick up for her.

Thanks a ton!
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Why relegate books to your second choice?

Get her Scarne On Card Tricks and she will have enough to keep her busy for quite some time!

It really is an underrated resource...so much good stuff in there!
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1193 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Merely all that needs to be done is go to your favorite magic dealer's site and type, "self working" in the search bar. Hocus Pocus has quite the selection of quality books and DVDs.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8471 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
THE MAGIC BOOK - written especially for her!
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
macc
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of macc
Get her "ultimate self working card tricks" vol 1 by big blind media.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » DVD Suggestion for my girlfriend, Easy routines yet still very powerful magic (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL