The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » New iPhone App, "Dark Force", Released (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JannisGk
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of JannisGk
Hello Magic Café members!
I'm very exciting to announce you the release of my new telekinetic magic app, "DARK FORCE"!

Dark Force is an iPhone App. That means that it is designed for iPhone running the latest iOS version (8.1 or later) .
It is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus!

Welcome to the Dark side of the Force!
For the first time ever, a magic trick app uses an unparalleled level of telekinetic & telepathic illusion that you've NEVER experienced before in an app!

>The effect:

-Give your iPhone to your audience.
-Prompt them to close any possible wireless communication (Wi-fi,GSM,Bluetooth), cover the front and rear camera if they want to, and open Dark Force.
-Ask them to secretly enter a 4-digit password into Dark Force's Lock Screen, while you are facing away from them and the phone.
-The lock screen will be activated right after they enter their last digit and now it's your turn!
-By your audience's orders, rise your hand in the air forming an iconic (virtual) iPhone next to the real one, and, with the power of Dark Force, start making the real iPhone to follow your commands!
-Swipe in the air to enter the numeric keypad!
-Wave your finger in the air just like pressing on a touchscreen and enter the spectator's secret password deactivating the lock screen!

A seemingly impossible prediction, combined with an amazing telekinetic technic, makes Dark Force one of the best magic tricks available on the App Store.

>Dark Force is UNIQUE and has NO Limitations!

-The magician NEVER touches the iPhone, not a SINGLE TOUCH!
-The spectator NEVER reveals his secret password!
-NO internet connection
-NO GSM Network
-NO Wi-Fi or Bluetooth access
-NO "leave and pick your device" tricks
-NO assistant
-NO microphone (voice recognition)
-NO camera (optical recognition)
-NO other electronic devices

You can perform Dark Force to anyone - anytime - anywhere!

You can have a snap peak of Dark Force here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpOAfomhwh4

App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id969890603
Facebook: https://facebook.com/onetwogr
Twitter: https://twitter.com/onetwogr

The price for this app is $25.99, but it will go up after a few iTunes ratings and reviews roll in.
There is a dedicated contact form on Dark Force's Official Website for any ideas and suggestions for improvements or additions. So feel free to shoot me a message!

This app has been heavily tested and optimized for professional magicians but there is always a possibility that we 've missed an issue just like any other new app! So please, if you come across anything (to fix or improve) just let me know ASAP!

Jannis
weapon
View Profile
Inner circle
I am Emran. I have,
1329 Posts

Profile of weapon
Im sorry but I really don't want to come off mean or rude. You have a spectator clearly open up a ``app`` called dark force. This already screams ``Magic App``. Then they enter a password into the magic app on your phone.

Believe me I always look at the effect from the spectators point of view. Spectators are not dumb.. they will obviously think that the app replays what they entered. Even if this is not the method.. they will think that. I think there is no illusion here. Sorry.

Now of you can make it part of the real IOS lock screen.. then maybe something.
Eternity by Emran Riaz (Gimmicks + Download) An IMPOSSIBLE prediction of ANY number, ANY word, literally ENGRAVED in a medallion they've been holding THE ENTIRE TIME.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12181
JannisGk
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of JannisGk
@weapon no offense taken trust me Smile Exactly, this is why ("...spectators are not dumb") our philosophy is not mimicking the iPhone Lock Screen , making dummy interfaces or creating easy-to-guess wireless based technics (emails, urls, second device control etc), like the majority of magic trick apps out there but to challenge the audience's intelligence by presenting sth entirely NEW, an illusion so unique that has never experienced before in a phone! Smile Oh, and by the way.. you start revealing telekinetically each digit under the spectators orders, so no.. they won't assume for any reason that the screen replays anything Smile
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1010 Posts

Profile of rasp
Have to say that I am in full agreement with Weapon........ this just screams App and for me there is absolutely no effect. From the spectators point of view this looks like your timing your actions to a playback triggered by the proximity sensor of what they just entered into the passcode, and what possible justification could you give for asking someone to type a code into an 'App', just so you can wiggle your fingers around in the air?

Sorry, just my opinion after watching the video from a spectators view.
JannisGk
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of JannisGk
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2015, rasp wrote:
...looks like your timing your actions to a playback triggered by the proximity sensor of what they just entered into the passcode...

@rasp Re-watch the sneak peek video of Dark Force ... 0:20 " ...they can even cover front/back lens , microphone and PROXIMITY SENSOR! Spectator is not dump... so as I said :
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, JannisGk wrote:
...our philosophy is not mimicking the iPhone Lock Screen , making dummy interfaces or creating easy-to-guess wireless based technics (emails, urls, second device control etc), like the majority of magic trick apps out there but to challenge the audience's intelligence by presenting sth entirely NEW, an illusion so unique that has never experienced before in a phone! Smile Oh, and by the way.. you start revealing telekinetically each digit under the spectators orders, so no.. they won't assume for any reason that the screen replays anything Smile
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
I bought this app when it first released to appstore. The method is indeed different than any other app I've seen so far. Different in so much amusing way to me. To tell you the truth this app method amaze me more than puzling the spectactor IMO. Since as Emran said, "Spectactors are not dumb." They'll try to guess the method and for this app. Although they can't guess it right, they'll annoying-ly keep guessing and some of them even think they're right. For this method, if you didn't conceal it or accidentally conceal it. No one will guess it right. Jannis told me he got the people at Apple curious about the method. After I learned about this, I think I trust him.

The thing about this app. All the gestures happen in real time. There's no timing for it. The airplane mode is really turned ON. The front cam is really closed. No voice command or recognition. It's up to you or the spectators when the screen will slide and when the buttons will be tap, without you touching the phone.

And you cannot relate this app with "mimicked" type app. They're just totally different type. Both have their own pros and cons.
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
496 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
I don't know the method here but I can create the exact same effect with my jail broken iPhone on my real Lock screen.
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
JannisGk
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of JannisGk
@GordonTheHypnotist No you can't do that, trust me Smile And by the way "Dark Force" app can work on the spectator's device too! (there are future plans to release a free "spectator's version" of the app for this Smile

Quote:
On Mar 31, 2015, daniltan wrote:
... Although they can't guess it right, they'll annoying-ly keep guessing and some of them even think they're right. For this method, if you didn't conceal it or accidentally conceal it. No one will guess it right.

@daniltan ha ha *** you are right! Smile

Guys trust me, Dark Force uses an advanced algorithm that REALLY gives you the ability to control it with air gestures WITHOUT the use of camera / microphone / proximity sensors / flash or whatever!! Dark Force is a challenge to the spectators' intelligence that makes it unique!
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2015, GordonTheHypnotist wrote:
I don't know the method here but I can create the exact same effect with my jail broken iPhone on my real Lock screen.

Yes, you can create the same effect with JB. But not with the same conditions as DarkForce. Nothing is fake / mimicked on the demo. And you're really not touching the phone.

P.S. No jailbreak needed for the effect.
JannisGk
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of JannisGk
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, daniltan wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2015, GordonTheHypnotist wrote:

Yes, you can create the same effect with JB. But not with the same conditions as DarkForce. Nothing is fake / mimicked on the demo. And you're really not touching the phone.

P.S. No jailbreak needed for the effect.

Exactly! Well said Daniel, thanks ! Smile
Peter Cai
View Profile
New user
China
32 Posts

Profile of Peter Cai
Good idea that no magic app use this way before. But specs will think this is just an APP to unlock a strange app. Some people even ask me ' Really Unlocked' because the app do not change the interface but only show a lock was unlocked. So I think:
1. Change the interface of the APP to a normal APP such as passcode interface to unlock the phone.
2. When unlock the APP, Just pop-out to the home screen.
3. I bought the your two apps, the ideas are amazing, but all of the specs will say, I don't know how it works, but I know it just an APP. Do you know, if you perform a phone trick to others, but they think you use an APP to make it work, that means your trick is nothing to them at all.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
What ability or power are you demonstrating? Where is the magic or mentalism? I fully expect a "Cool app", response. You have some interesting ideas but there is no real performance value that I can see. Please help me out.
JannisGk
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of JannisGk
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2015, Peter Cai wrote:
Good idea that no magic app use this way before

Thanks a lot Peter! Smile This is one of our basic principles ! As I said before, spectators are NOT dumb... our philosophy is not mimicking the iPhone Lock Screen or the Main Menu , making dummy interfaces or creating easy-to-guess wireless based technics (emails, urls, second device control etc), like the m a j o r I t y of magic trick apps out there but to challenge the audience's intelligence by presenting sth entirely NEW, an illusion so you you n I q you e that has never experienced before in a phone!

And by the way, there is a m a j o r update of Dark Force coming very soon that enhance the illusion even more !! The update will be available for existing Dark Force's owners too FREE of charge! So stay tuned Smile
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2015, jaizon wrote:
What ability or power are you demonstrating? Where is the magic or mentalism? I fully expect a "Cool app", response. You have some interesting ideas but there is no real performance value that I can see. Please help me out.

I have the app and I'm not intended to over exaggerate this app. I'm just explaining what is this app is. IMHO, most mentalist might not like this app. Because the app is totally look like a magic app with no other functions beside locked/unlocked. It's not disguise to be more look like a normal stock app. But, if you have a very skeptical spectator that would ask you "do you hide a smart phone in your pocket?" even though you never show it. This app would fool them badly. They can examine your phone, they can turn every wireless and cellular connections OFF, they can cover all the cameras and sensors and they can inspect the app before and after the performance. You will still able to unlocked their secret codes. The method to me is unthinkable. Honestly, I think some people with a practical in mind might disappoint after they've read about the method. The others would jump out from their chair and want to try the method badly.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2015, JannisGk wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2015, Peter Cai wrote:
Good idea that no magic app use this way before

Thanks a lot Peter! Smile This is one of our basic principles ! As I said before, spectators are NOT dumb... our philosophy is not mimicking the iPhone Lock Screen or the Main Menu , making dummy interfaces or creating easy-to-guess wireless based technics (emails, urls, second device control etc), like the m a j o r I t y of magic trick apps out there but to challenge the audience's intelligence by presenting sth entirely NEW, an illusion so you you n I q you e that has never experienced before in a phone!

And by the way, there is a m a j o r update of Dark Force coming very soon that enhance the illusion even more !! The update will be available for existing Dark Force's owners too FREE of charge! So stay tuned Smile

My review above is based as the app as it is right now. Jannis said here there will be a major update coming up. I wonder what the app would be at ver2.0.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » New iPhone App, "Dark Force", Released (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL