The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Deconstructing Mentalism - a new book by Bob Cassidy (56 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Deconstructing Mentalism: Behind the Scenes with Doctor Crow - with David Abbot, Ted Annemann, Henry Slade, and other long dead Mind Readers Mediums, and Psychic Entertainers

[Classic sealed envelope and billet routines, message reading and the question answering act, analyzed, deconstructed, redesigned and routined for the 21st Century Mentalist.]

The "hype": The first edition is in eBook form. There will be no pre-orders. It is not a "limited release" and will cost less than $30.00. To keep it out of the hands of the idly curious, YouTube "tutors," and those who have an aversion to reading, thinking, original scripting and practicing, there will be no videos or video trailers of the contents. No complimentary "review copies" will be issued, and the main ad blurb will be the table of contents. (I may however, include endorsements from long dead mind readers, psychics and mediums who've never read the book but whose spirits popped in from time to time while I was writing it.)

Also, it's NOT the closest thing ever to real mind reading, nor will it enable you to start your own religion.

Other than that, it's probably the best thing I've ever written.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9832 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Now that's how a release should be structured. Sounds liek another winner, congrats Bob.
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
I'll take one. Available from?
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1573 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Really looking forward to this. Have you any timescale for completion, Bob?
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1573 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
AttnPls, you must have read my mind, or, did I read yours? Smile
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
signal2noise
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of signal2noise
Looking forward to getting this, provided it isn't some mean April fools prank. I'm gonna be suspicious of everything today... Smile
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
I shall see you on the other side.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Im in! Of course
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3818 Posts

Profile of JanForster
A no brainer Smile and no video, not even a street video... Smile Great!
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
hashtagmagic
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of hashtagmagic
Bob doesn't need to go into the crazy marketing ploys to sell his works. They stand on their own.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18806 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Money waiting, brain cage door is open...
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
tpratt38
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
276 Posts

Profile of tpratt38
Sounds like a dead ringer for another classic in Mentalism.
Mental Threads....

Invoking your thoughts one thread at a time...

Creator of Voodoo Dowels
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
678 Posts

Profile of Waters.
I'm in. Thanks Bob
Check out my (soon to be released) ebook, WANDERER at..
www.experience-architecture.com
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
I don't know . . . that religion thing is giving me second thoughts.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Thanks for the nice comments.

For those who asked earlier: The book will be released through Jheff's Marketplace of the Mind. I anticipate that it will be ready to go within the next 5 to 7 days. But since this past Sunday I've been writing nearly fifteen hours a day, So it may be sooner if I can keep it up.

The order link will appear only when the eBook is ready for immediate download. I will post the link here. No need to reserve a copy because, well, it's an eBook.

The table of contents will appear in the official ad. But I've received a few questions that I'll answer here:

Question 1- "Does the book contain old material and, if so, how much of it is old?

Question 2- "Does the book contain new material and, if so, how much of it is new?

Question 3- "Today is April Fools Day. Does that mean either: a) that there is no book, or b) that we only have your word that there is a book because purchasers will have to sign non-disclosure agreements which will prohibit them from even acknowledging that they've seen it, let along purchased or read it?"

ANSWERS:

Question 1- Yes, ALL of the material is old.

Question 2- Yes, ALL of the material is new.

Both of the above are correct. When you put new windows in a house, it's still the same house but the view is different- from both the outside looking in and the inside looking out.

Question 3- No, the announcement was not an April Fool's prank and all purchasers are free to discuss the book's themes, ideas, methods and routines with anyone they choose. I trust that their good discretion will result in discussions of specific methods being restricted to Inner Thoughts or other private forums that are not readable or searchable by the general public.

There WAS, however, one small April Fool's Day prank in my announcement, but it was just a little one involving the price.

It's actually $1500. Smile

Only kidding.
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1571 Posts

Profile of gmeister
In the immortal words of Joe E. Ross, "Ooh, Oooh!"
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I actually only logged on to see if Dynamike was going to discuss his upcoming personal performance for the president, but...

This sounds absolutely wonderful, I am thrilled! Smile
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2127 Posts

Profile of RCP
What? No Al Mann
RobertMarsi
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of RobertMarsi
I want it! Gimme, gimme, gimme!!!
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
I will only buy it if there's a performance video of you on the street, holding a folded billet in your hand and proclaiming "You drew a house" resulting in five people running away from you as fast as they can screaming "NO WAY!!!!!!" , with one of them so freaked out, they run into the street and get hit by oncoming traffic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Deconstructing Mentalism - a new book by Bob Cassidy (56 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL