The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Tnr supreme (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ljBandit
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of ljBandit
Hi there I am looking for a good TnR yet when I'm looking at the blurbs about the three I found to look like what I was after are near on identical. The three I was most interested in are "counterfeit" by houchin "TnR" by mathieu bich and "taste if chaos" by loki kross. They all seem to do a visual tear they all seem to do a dinilar restore also, I was wondering if they all use the same principle with different routine or if one is cleaner and I hate to use the word but better?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3965 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
IMO, Torched and Restored is the best.
KJ
ljBandit
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of ljBandit
The cointerfeit by houchin seems to kind of stick back together, taste of chaos seems to unfold and looks like it would have some angle and sleights issues and bichs TnR also seems to stick together but also doesn't seem to be able to be shown both sides as you go
ljBandit
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of ljBandit
And they all claim "best ever" "final word in tnr"
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3965 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
There is no final word or best. It's what's best for you. I like Torched and Restored because it is so easy and it has so many elements of a great effect. They select any card, they sign the card, you tear it into pieces, you torch it, and it is restored. You hand out their signed card.
KJ
Proximo
View Profile
New user
Belgium
95 Posts

Profile of Proximo
I had never heard of A Taste Of Chaos.
I've been doing Torched & Restored since it first came out and since recently I have been doing Counterfeit.
I absolutely love it.
ljBandit
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of ljBandit
By the reviews its been out for a couple years but cant find a bad review anywher, penguins blurb states "no gimmicks, no st''ky, no pre-fold l" I know it seems impossible for that to be true n that's why I havent purchased it yet. Its just that buying refills for things being in Australia gets expensive and we don't stock the same brands, I have come across "only need things you have around the house" and been unable to make the gimmick
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
An Undying Heart of Chaos; Stabbed with
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Taste of Chaos is just sleight of hand.
No gimmicks.

You can have it signed, there is no prefolded card.
You can restore with no cover, aND show both sides of the card and your hands empty at each restore.

It is the only non gimmicked one that hits all those boxes Smile
ljBandit
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of ljBandit
Thankyou super much havent got a reply from penguin in a couple days now, do you sell the DVDs or do I have to purchaee through a dealer?
Proximo
View Profile
New user
Belgium
95 Posts

Profile of Proximo
There's another topic about this right here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=501632&forum=218.
Can't believe I had never noticed this effect! Might have to check it out soon!
ljBandit
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of ljBandit
Yea I think there are a few and I cant find a bad word about it but as I am new to Tnr I wanna start at the top and from what I can see and all that I have read I know I am making a great purchase
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
An Undying Heart of Chaos; Stabbed with
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
You can get A Taste of Chaos from my site, or a dealer. Smile
Sam Hagen
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Sam Hagen
I like Daniel Garcia's Torn when it comes to TnR plot.
May you live in interesting times.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Tnr supreme (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL