The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » New Mnemonica Learning Game (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicalexcellence
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
21 Posts

Profile of magicalexcellence
Hi Everyone,
I have just released a new app on Android, iOS, and Amazon to help learn the Mnemonica stack. Below is the description that is on the app stores. I hope you will give it a try and let me know any feedback!

Here is a link to the app's page on my website: http://magicalexcellence.com/learn-mnemo......-trainer

Description:

WHY THIS MNEMONICA APP?

I’ve been searching for the perfect Mnemonica app for a long time, something that was engaging, made me want to learn, and something that actually worked. So, after wasting time and money on other apps I decided to make my own, built with everything I wanted that the other apps simply did not provide.

FUN AND ADDICTING

The Ultimate Mnemonica Trainer is not actually a “trainer”… it is a game. I realized I liked playing games like Candy Crush and Two Dots, and if I could make learning Mnemonica as addicting as these games I would be more likely to stick with it.

You start out on Level 1 which presents you with a card, 4 possible answers as to what number in the stack the card is, 3 lives, and 30 seconds. Each time you match the card with the correct number you get a point.

7 Points to move to the next level and you get 1 star
10 Points is 2 stars
12 Points is 3 stars
LEARNING IN CHUNKS

The game is broken up into 7 stages with 8 levels each:
Stage 1: Cards 1- 13
Stage 2: Cards 14-26
Stage 3: Cards 1- 26
Stage 4: Cards 27-39
Stage 5: Cards 39- 52
Stage 6: Cards 27-52
Stage 6: Cards 1-52

This is because breaking Mnemonica into bite sized chunks will maximize your ability to learn it quickly and retain the knowledge.

MIX UP LEARNING METHODS

Each stage has 8 levels, each with a different way to learn the stack. When you mix up how to learn this accomplishes two things…
It keeps you interested
It prepares you for real world situations

LEVELS 1, 2, AND 3: THE BASICS

These are the basic “what card is what number” and “what number is what card” multiple choice questions. If you get an answer wrong it will show you what the right answer is. Using this method, if you have never looked at the Mnemonica stack before, you will be able to memorize each set in about 20 minutes. These levels are perfect for learning the basics.

LEVELS 4, 5, AND 6: WHAT COMES BEFORE AND WHAT COMES AFTER

Other trainers gave you the option to choose what number is what card and what card is what number… In real world scenarios you need to know what comes after and what comes before a card on the bottom or the top of the deck. So Three levels are dedicated to just having you answer what comes next or what comes before. These levels are perfect for cementing the basics and improving speed.

LEVEL 7: NO MORE MULTIPLE CHOICE

At this point our minds start to get used to multiple choice. In the real world there we do not get 4 options to choose from, we have to KNOW what number the card is. On this level you there is no multiple choice, you type in the number the card shown is.

LEVEL 8: PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER

Level 8 mixes all of the techniques together to test your mastery of the stage.

MASTER MNEMONICA

If you get 3 stars on every level, I guarantee that you will have mastered Mnemonica to the point where you don’t even have to think “what number is this card” or “what is after the 3 of hearts” when you are performing in the real world. You will just know…

I hope you enjoy the app, and please contact me with any feedback!

Thanks again!
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
Sent you an email via your site. The app won't start for me it just goes to a loading page and boots me out.
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
magicalexcellence
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
21 Posts

Profile of magicalexcellence
Hi Gordon,

I emailed you back, and thank you for your second email letting me know that it works fine on your iPad. The issue seems to be that you are operating iOS 8.3 on an iPhone 4s. The game, for iOS, is specifically optimized for the iPhone 5 and above which it does say in the app store. However, it should work fine on the 4s running iOS 6 or 7. Apple products that are two generations behind seem to have issues running the newer software in some instances. You may notice that a lot of your apps are not running as smoothly or quitting now after the update. My 4s started acting that way when I upgraded to iOS 7 and several apps that ran fine stopped working completely it was very frustrating. I am specifically not updating my older iPad for that reason. But I am glad that you are enjoying the app and it works fine on your iPad. I wish you all the best learning Mnemonica and would appreciate any other feedback you might have and I am very sorry for the inconvenience!

Thank you,
Sam
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
I do want to add Sam has excellent customer service. The game is fun and addicting and may just be the best way to learn the Tamariz Mnemonica stack. I hope he does more stacks in the future.
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
DirkWahlberg
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of DirkWahlberg
I just purchased this since I am wanting to learn this stack. Hope this makes it easier for me than I planned on it being.
DW
BJ Liang
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of BJ Liang
I just started learning mnemonica and I was so happy when I stumble upon this app (because it actually is just like a game). I've only reached the 27-39 level so far but I was able to learn the first 26 cards in about 3 days. I also like the fact that it tests you cards before and after a specific card. I just received the Mnemonica book and dvd set from my local magic shop, so I got a lot of exciting learning a head (only about 1/2 way though dvd 2).

My only suggestion for an addition to the app. Is maybe after completing the level 1 to 52 level, maybe add another 1 to 52 level which isn't really timed so quickly (maybe like 3-5min option or an infinite time option) or a option which goes though all the cards (but repeats any cards that you get wrong) and you get scored based on your final time to go though the entire deck.
rmecsw
View Profile
New user
new york
49 Posts

Profile of rmecsw
I have an iPhone 6 ,running iOS 8.1, will this work oaths platform?
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
So glad you released this! Downloaded minutes ago and already enjoying! Thank you
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Great app.

Any chance of adding our own stack or at least more stacks for the game?
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Great app.

Any chance of adding our own stack or at least more stacks for the game?
Keshav
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Keshav
Thank you so much for this!
Er1tro
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
124 Posts

Profile of Er1tro
This app is amazing!

Every 2 or 3 days I just play a little bit around with it and this helps me to keep the stack in mind.

I love it! Thank U
danielvanm
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
70 Posts

Profile of danielvanm
Thank you so much! I started learning the stack awhile ago, this will help me a lot! Just bought it Smile

Daniel
- Daniel

"Astonishment is our natural state of mind"

Mike ODonnell
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
215 Posts

Profile of Mike ODonnell
I have been using this app for the past week/week and a half. Before this app, I had no knowledge of this stack. I can now name any card at any number and vice versa without thinking. This app is ideal for anyone that wants to learn or perfect mnemonica. Nice job! Fully recommend this app.

Mike
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
I want to use this app on my ipad mini. But, the app crash on its initial loading. It works on my iphone, though. But still, I prefer to use this on my ipad. Just to let the dev know about this. So they can fix it on the next update.
danielvanm
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
70 Posts

Profile of danielvanm
Thanks to you I now know the Mnemonica stack!

Thank you very much Smile
- Daniel

"Astonishment is our natural state of mind"

merlin2812
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
Hello,

just a short message to say that I never had the motivation to learn the mnemonica stack, and with this app, I have one!
It's pretty fun, the game aspect is nice, and kind of addictive, I must say it works!
I would be glad with a little music or some kind of sound when you are right or wrong, may be in the future?
I dowloaded the app today, I'll let all you know when (if I manage to) I'll know my stack!

best,

merlin
merlin2812
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
Ok, I'm back!
He program works. That's for sure. It's more than 2 years I'm willing to learn the mnemonica stack, but never got the courage to learn it. My last attempt was this summer with Tamariz's book. It says you can learn the stack in something like 4 hours. I'm pretty sure you can, but you won't know it so well I believe...
Personaly, I don't really like the method Tamariz proposes. To be honest, I didn't feel like even trying it.
This app, on the other side, made me want to give it a try, and I had pretty much fun I must say!
Now, to be honest, it is not so easy. It took me something like 3-4 weeks before I could reach the last step. But I didn't spend so much time, I would say 20 minutes per day, not everyday. You will have to make a learning effort, but it will be pretty enjoyable.
I got my 3 stars on all the levels, so now, I will just keep on practicing every day or so for about 4 or 5 minutes to keep the stack in mind.

So, all in all, very nice program, it does what it says. You will have to memorize yourself the stack by portions of 13 cards, but then, the program allows you to practice what you just memorized. It helps a lot to fix your memory!

best,

merlin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » New Mnemonica Learning Game (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL