The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » One day in Halifax (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
We are all from different places, and some of you travel, so I thought I'd get some suggestions.

I will be in Halifax NS in two weeks. I will have one full day in there (arriving late in the evening and will have the entire next day free). I would like any suggestions of how to get the most out of my one day in Halifax.

After that, I will head north and spend the rest of the week in Berwick. I will have evenings free, and a car.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. I am not real big on museums, I prefer the natural sights, villages, restaurants, and people. Tourist places are fine, too; I'm not a snob in that regard.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Check out the Five Fishermen restaurant. When I was there they had a fantastic seafood buffet, and the place is supposed to be haunted.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Now you're talking!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Funny, my wife and I are planning a two week drive from the mid atlantic to Nova Scotia this July or August to spend some time exploring. If you have time, you might want to skip the food, where you can get anywhere in the world and check the tides at Burntcoat Head where the tides are the most active place on the planet. I'd think a few hours from Halifax if that, but you might want to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFba1QpDqj0
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
The Lord Nelson Hotel was a decent place to stay. Good location.

Take the bus tour to Peggy's Cove, or one of the other local bus tours. Several tour companies operate in the area.

E.g. http://www.grayline.com/things-to-do/canada/halifax/

(You can drive yourself, but with the tour you get a guide who can tell stories about the area and explain what you are seeing.)

Check out Bluenose II if it is in port (or is it dock?):

https://bluenose.novascotia.ca/

(A few years ago you could go out on it as it sailed, but maybe they've halted that.)

Do one of the hop on / hop off Halifax tours. I guess your hotel can give you details, or google for operators.

See Lunenburg, which is a UNESCO site. It is included in some of the bus tours I mentioned:

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/741

Tour any of the local breweries in Halifax. Google them. I toured the Alexander Keith's exhibit / brewery.

Walk along the waterfront district on the dock / pier (see the boats and the shops and eateries etc.).
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
You will LOVE Nova Scotia.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » One day in Halifax (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL