The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Oh good grief Charlie Brown (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Next, the defense team will be crying for leniency in sentencing because it was in their genes! I bet child molesters will get tied into this somehow.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/09/europe/sex......dex.html
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
cat weasel
View Profile
New user
free agent
16 Posts

Profile of cat weasel
They problems always been in their jeans! So don't let them breed.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Things were never the same after Levi Strauss & Company moved to China.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
It got worse when they found out about Rustlers
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Have no doubt the study is correct - in fact surprised they needed a study to find it out - most people have known families where unfortunate traits are handed down - but letting it influence sentencing would be as stupid as being more lenient because the offender was under the influence of drink or drugs. My inclination when I hear about 'mitigating factors' is that often the sentence should be increased.
cat weasel
View Profile
New user
free agent
16 Posts

Profile of cat weasel
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, Destiny wrote:
My inclination when I hear about 'mitigating factors' is that often the sentence should be increased.

I would like to see that people with problems should alert authorities when they first show signs of inclinations or problems. Then, if and when they get caught, there is a reduction of sentence.

This would allow authorities to keep an eye out or know who to call on once something happens. Failure to alert means full sentences or more.
CThomas
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of CThomas
Why would someone contemplating committing a crime alert the authorities? If the threat of the full sentence wouldn't be enough to deter him without reporting why would it induce him to make detection of his crime a near-certainty? (Obviously we're talking about someone here who won't be prevented from committing the crime based on moral considerations or else he wouldn't commit the crime with or without self-reporting.)

Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, cat weasel wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, Destiny wrote:
My inclination when I hear about 'mitigating factors' is that often the sentence should be increased.

I would like to see that people with problems should alert authorities when they first show signs of inclinations or problems. Then, if and when they get caught, there is a reduction of sentence.

This would allow authorities to keep an eye out or know who to call on once something happens. Failure to alert means full sentences or more.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Would you like to see the report on how the government has changed the public’s DNA?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Oh good grief Charlie Brown (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL