The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A Chinese Silver Dream (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
I've always loved the second vanish in Justin Miller's Silver Dream and just today I thought about what else I could use it for. This is what I came up with:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DFa6k0x2zt8

I think it's nice to have a spellbound move where it doesn't appear that you have done anything and this fits the bill.

If you've not seen Silver Dream before, You can see (hear) the second vanish here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=yout......HySwawro

Although much better to see the original in action as I still have a long way to go before performing this live.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
SHOWOFF! (HEE HEE)

David, THAT WAS DELIGHTFUL!

Dick
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Good job mate. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
700 Posts

Profile of cperkins
You are on your way, David. Good work!

Justin Miller's Silver Dream performed in front of a fireplace is one of the most magical stand up sequences with coins I have ever seen.

Glad Silver Dream is getting some attention once again.
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Nicely done, enjoyed watching it. Post more.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
calypso
View Profile
New user
Sweden
27 Posts

Profile of calypso
I like this! Nice
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Awesome
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Awesome
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Great work man.
Todd
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Fabulous, David. Thanks for sharing.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
Thank you for all the positive comments guys Smile
Particularly from those who I've corresponded with in the past and helped me to get where I am now.

I'll post some more routines up soon as I could do with suggestions for presentation from those more experienced.
bobthemagicdoerguy
View Profile
Regular user
I can't remember where I left my
186 Posts

Profile of bobthemagicdoerguy
That's the first time I've seen that. Does this vanish have a name? Is it taught anywhere?
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
Which vanish Bob?
CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Nice! To play devil's advocate, my only issue is the constant flipping of the coin gets old fast... but I get why you did it that way.
Jamie-boy
View Profile
Regular user
Berea, Ohio
186 Posts

Profile of Jamie-boy
I had the pleasure of meeting Justin back in the 90s at a Columbus, Ohio Magi-Fest.
He was just developing what later became Silver Dream. I'm certain, he wouldn't recall me.

Jim
James Sievert
Sleight of Hand Hobbyist since 1990.
Bassist since 1973.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I useta be in touch with Justin quite a bit when he first put "SIlver Dream" out, I think by manuscript at first, just part of a larger body of work? Clearly this classic from him became a real signature for his magic.

He's a pretty nice guy, very creative and quite talented. Silver Dream truly peaked my interest as to the method of those vanishes. It put me on a trail that I am still happily on today (And well-worth the tolls along the way), when it comes to the still most cleanest SOH vanishes of a coin, IMHO. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A Chinese Silver Dream (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL