The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deck the Halls » » Contraband by Theory 11 & Joe White (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2263 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Review link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbYEdiBDXto

Designed in the United Kingdom by Joe White, Contraband Playing Cards were inspired by secret societies, conspiracy theories, and everything unknown.

The tuck case, and the cards within, are all made in the USA on FSC-certified, ECF paper. Secret imagery is hidden within the design: the lines of the inner flap construct (literally!) a face of mystery.

Every single playing card within the Contraband deck was designed from scratch - even the Aces, Jokers, and court cards display attention to detail never before achieved. Over a year in the making - and every minute of it is visible in the final design.

Buy yours: https://store.theory11.com/products/contraband-playing-cards
xevenofhearts
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of xevenofhearts
These cards became an instant favorite of mine- I've used them constantly for the past week and they are starting to stick a little bit, but that's to be expected as much as I used them. I'm a sucker for embossing and gold foil, and I'll be ***ed if these cards didn't sell me the second I saw them. Great example of a great box design released by theory11, inside and out (literally) contrasting the usually low quality boxes that I get from Ellusionist decks. Anybody else share that experience or is it just me...
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I bought a few packs for a friend's bday.
box is cool.
aces looked good.
faded pips and such look like crap. worst idea I've seen in a long time.
extra cards are a nice touch.
they faro right out of the box nicely.

if it wasn't for the faded faces/pips I'd give it a thumbs up.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deck the Halls » » Contraband by Theory 11 & Joe White (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.33 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL