We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looch's 2nd Penguin Live Lecture (76 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1415 Posts

Profile of MDantes
As most of you know, Looch and the penguin live crew shot Looch's second penguin live lecture. Now, I tuned in digitally, but imagine it was just as great (probably better) being there live.

Looch and I are friends and I've learned a lot from him over the years but I really did learn a lot from the lecture.

Looch's teaching style is one I connect with, plus his material is always hard hitting and well thought out. He even shares routines he is currently using in the real world, for paid gigs. And for an award winning professional mentalist, that's a big deal.

I know you some of you tuned in for round 2, what are your thoughts?
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2293 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I think this was better than the first lecture by far.

One of my favorite mentalism lectures to date.

So much insight, material, and more covered.

You cant go wrong purchasing this lecture.

There is one bit as Dan Harlan said that is worth the price of the lecture during the interview portion, as well as a streamlined handling of Nod to Pocket Watch.

I didn't get to see the first 45 minutes or so, but what I saw, it was worth it and more.
Looch's take on Rock Paper Scissors, titled Rock, Scissors, Paper was genious.
His update on Psycolorgy is great.
His Bank Night style routine, I really enjoyed, makes everyone a winner, with a killer prediction at the end.

All in all, this is worth more than the $30.00 that you will pay to get this lecture.

To me this is ranked as one of the top 3 penguin live lectures ever, and there have been over 167 of them, so that says a lot.

Good job Looch.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1293 Posts

Profile of Robb
Haven't seen it yet, but if it's Looch it's guaranteed to be excellent. My favorite "modern mentalist" out there. His approach to the way he creates and markets his shows is also just brilliant and innovative. The whole "man vs. machine" angle was just too good! To tell the truth, I don't see many mentalists that are out there performing and promoting themselves to the lay public as Looch. From that perspective, possibly more than his effects/methods, he's been a massive inspiration to me.
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Definitely one of the best Penguin lectures so far. So many moments of, "That was worth the price of the entire lecture alone."

I love Looch. His material is always simple, direct, and no nonsense. He represents a real world professional. Like Osterlind and Cassidy, he knows what works in the real world and what doesn't. None of his material is ever a pipe dream or hit or miss. It simply delivers what it's supposed to.

I wish time allowed me to give a more detailed review of his lecture, because he deserves it. Do yourself a favor and get it.

Way to go, man. Thanks for all you've shared.

All the best,
Matthew
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
He is a good 'un is Looch...

Only had chance to watch the first hour so far, well worth the money already - the coin thing that ends up building into a confabulation is great...

Nice to see someone so in control yet remaining humble and easy going at the same time...
I've asked to be banned
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1415 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Yeah you right about that. His material and his marketing is very inspiring. I love the man vs machine campaign too:)
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I really liked this lecture. The rock, paper scissors was nice and had me fooled.

I liked the routine with the coin spins a lot. Very customisable and some clever stuff going on.
Amro
View Profile
New user
Room 217
52 Posts

Profile of Amro
I can absolutely recommend it. The lecture was worth the price for his 'coinfabulation' and the idea with the postal note alone. I agree with Alex that his second lecture was even better than the first one.

And the free chapter from his upcoming book (theblackproject.co.uk/) which contains some interesting material is well worth reading!
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
The only thing I will disagree with is the "better than the first one" comments.
Great lecture.

BMWGuy... where was the Nod to Pocket watch stuff on the new lecture? I couldn't find it.

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
pjarnold
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of pjarnold
The nod to pocket watch update is discussed during the sitdown conversation with Dan.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Found it! thx
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1415 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Again, Nod to the pocket watch. The greatest.

Rock Scissors Paper too!

Great lecture brother.

I'm excited about Black Project too!

Two words: we ready
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3453 Posts

Profile of Looch
Glad you enjoyed it guys, it was fun doing it and did wonder how the newer material would be received.

A lot of love for NTPW, which is nice. It's a lovely routine that always generates a great response from those who watch it Smile
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3453 Posts

Profile of Looch
For reference some guys from the U.S. are asking about the use of a Nickel for the coin spin. I did mention to only spin with 3/4 power and you should be fine. I watched Patrick Redford use a nickel time after time and nail it 100%

UK: £1 & £2
USA: Nickel
EUROPE: €1 & €2
AUSTRALIA: 20cent piece

Please feel free to add your own coins from other areas of the world! Smile
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2015, looch wrote:
For reference some guys from the U.S. are asking about the use of a Nickel for the coin spin. I did mention to only spin with 3/4 power and you should be fine. I watched Patrick Redford use a nickel time after time and nail it 100%

UK: £1 & £2
USA: Nickel
EUROPE: €1 & €2
AUSTRALIA: 20cent piece

Please feel free to add your own coins from other areas of the world! Smile

MEXICO: A 10 or 5 Pesos coin
I shall see you on the other side.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
This is one of the best lectures I have seen. I highly recommend this!

Regards,
Mike
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of BCE
I also enjoyed the lecture (got up to the end of the effects and start of the sit-down with Dan), already practicing some of it. Where's the pocket watch I keep hearing about? I'm still very ok without it, but just wondering. Good lecture, have already re-watched and re-watched several segments.
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1415 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Check out Looch's first penguin live lecture. He share Nod to pocket watch on there:)
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of sjrw
BCE - there is a reason to watch all of the lecture... including the sit down with Dan. Don't skip that part. Some great advice and some great stories, as well as some additional work on Nod to Pocket Watch. In fact, there was a great piece of information shared in this interview which Dan referred to as "worth the price of the lecture"

But I agree with MDantes. Definately watch Looch's first lecture to see his performance of Nod - great to experience the performance first - as well as a detailed explanation.
AlexanderG
View Profile
Veteran user
No more and no less than
360 Posts

Profile of AlexanderG
Might someone offer a description of the "Nod to Pocketwatch" effect (or link to same)? Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looch's 2nd Penguin Live Lecture (76 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL