The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looch's 2nd Penguin Live Lecture (77 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2015, Garbo wrote:

Now then - where's that riddle........!?! Smile

Its coming.....
Smile
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
Garbo
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Garbo
Any indication on whether it'll be before or after 2MINDS? Smile
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2015, Demitri wrote:
I think some people are being a little hard on Robb (some being downright rude, actually). He spoke his mind - and not ONCE did he come close to saying or intimating the word "overrated". Quite the contrary - he said he was sure it would be a great book. Does this ALWAYS have to be the norm for releases like this? Someone releases an expensive item - someone comments about it being expensive - backlash... rinse, repeat.

He said it was expensive. That's it. Guess what... IT IS! He didn't make it up. He didn't embellish. The book actually is expensive. Is it actually not ok for someone to point that out?

As well - even though Robb has made such an apparently egregious statement - Looch absolutely does not have to justify why he's charging as much as he is. He's well within his rights to place whatever price tag he wants on his thinking. Looch can charge what he wants, and Robb can say "hey, that's pricey". Why does it always have to go beyond that?

Personally, I'll definitely be purchasing it. Close-up mentalism is an area I'm working into, as a way to supplement formal shows - I would happily pay double the asking price, simply to hear Looch's insights from 10 years+ of actually doing it. But - even though I am happily snatching up a copy, I would have no problem telling Looch "Hey, can't wait to read your really expensive book". And I dare say Looch wouldn't be angry with me. He might even chuckle....

Maybe just take a moment, breathe... take in what was ACTUALLY said - and just say "Hey, I disagree".

Of course, we can't do that, in this case - since the book IS really expensive. =)

Very well said, Dimitri. I agree with you wholeheartedly, and commend you for respectfully standing up and speaking your mind.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2015, Robb wrote:
Demetri, THANK YOU so much for that post! I am glad you get that I wasn't trying to offend anyone or in any way question Looch's right to sell his work for whatever price he cares to. Your post is so excellent and really made my day. Sometimes this place makes me feel like I'm perhaps insane. ;-)

Robb, you are not insane. Just like everyone else, you are welcome and free to speak your mind and share your opinion here. There are a handful over overly opinionated members here who seem to feel compelled to comment on many posts, often criticizing those who disagree with them. I've come to the conclusion they likely have what psychologists call poor boundary function, and it's best to just ignore them.

Learn what you can, share what you can, and don't let the overly opinionated or rude posters ruffle your feathers.
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1291 Posts

Profile of Robb
Thanks,I will try, though sometimes I do question the value of participating in these forums. I like the Idea of sharing ideas and experiences, but generally it's just bickering. Too much focus on products as well and not enough on craft. Seriously, look at the percentage of posts that are about some book, DVD, lecture or trick... It's a pretty high percentage maybe more than 50%. I'm going to steer clear of those threads in the future and just discuss ideas.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Lockheed
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Interesting. Smile
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Looch, are you bumping your thread with a random word because the podcast boys dared you to? Smile
Be fondly remembered.
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
U2, Blackbird...

Greetings Prins Bernhard. Smile
rufusonfire
View Profile
New user
Missouri, USA
25 Posts

Profile of rufusonfire
I may be a little late to the party, but I just watched this last night and it was IN-CREDIBLE! Tons of workable stuff in this lecture, great job.
I only hope it doesn't take another 3 years for Looch's 3rd Penguin Live Smile
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Brigadoon.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
And yes, the game IS afoot.

Best,

Atlas
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Ha... after Looch's earlier post, I deliberately ignored yours, Atlas - I assumed it was more 3 mentalists podcast nonsense or an in joke from the recent convention.
Be fondly remembered.
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Ahahahaha! One of those moments that I'm glad I mentioned my weekend plans to someone else. I nearly missed the window... "seasons matter" indeed!
Be fondly remembered.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Well, it is all over! The current leader got the most amount of points possible, and so the Black Project Riddle is over! Congratulations to GARBO! Winner of the Riddle challenge and proud new owner of a free copy of The Black Project!

Garbo....................55,000
CJ.........................31,000
Michael Zarek........26,000
Ash2Arani...............24,000
Mr.Thomas.............23,000
Perl.......................22,000
LinfordShade..........21,000
Minsting..................17,000
Hermione..............11,000
Shakuni................10,000
Gorgeous................6,000

Best,

Atlas
Garbo
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Garbo
Smile thank you to all who helped along the way, but a massive thank you to CJ - one of the most upstanding and true to his word guys I've ever spoken too!

And of course a thank you to Atlas and Looch for giving us the chance to get together and have a bit of fun with the riddle, and of course the opportunity to win the Black Project! Smile

After a pretty ****ty week - this has put some much needed happiness to it!
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Cool! Congratulations Garbo!

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Congratulations Garbo!!!

PM me to claim your free copy of The Black Project

For other people interested in the book, the introductory offer is being held until the 16th, so be quick: www.theblackproject.co.uk

Smile
Garbo
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Garbo
Cheers Looch - will do!
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Congratulations Garbo!!
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looch's 2nd Penguin Live Lecture (77 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL