We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism Effect Called "Chaos" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
384 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
Elmwood Magic has drastically reduced their price for the mentalism effect titled "Chaos", which they have been selling for a year or so.

Briefly, a board is shown with random letters and numbers all over it in various directions. A marker with a hole in the center is slowly moved over the board by the mentalist. Whenever the spectator says "STOP", the mentalist notes the numbers and/or letters showing through the hole. An envelope in full view the whole time is opened, and it has a slip of paper with the same letters and/or numbers on it.

Does anybody have this effect or has anybody seen it performed? If so, what are your opinions of it? The fact that Elmwood Magic has seriously reduced the price of this item has me wondering if it's any good.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
It is worth the price from what I can see. You can't go wrong with an effect like that for only 20 bucks.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Menny Lindenfeld puts out some good effects. Recommended.
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of nimrod
I don't get it. Both of you (Astinus & David) don't seem to have this product, yet you recommend it. Are you serious ? Very unprofessional.

Nimrod , Israel
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Nimrod, I did have the product. Why would you think that I never owned it? Don't assume please. It wasn't for my taste, but at $20 for this effect, I think it is worth it, if you like Menny Lindenfeld's thinking.

I had experience with two of his other products, both of which I was pleased with (Carpenter's Nightmare, 46) but no longer perform because of my personal tastes presently. I did get good reactions with chaos, though, but it is too "bulky" for my style.
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
384 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
Thanks for the input! I will most likely buy this effect due to the drastic price reduction. Thanks again!

I did purchase "Chaos" at the reduced price from Elmwood Magic. It is well worth it! The props are very nicely made, the instructions are very easy to understand and nicely printed, and the required "moves" are simple to master. I am glad I bought this---and at such a greatly reduced price, too!
Xia
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
286 Posts

Profile of Xia
It sounds like Isolation from Max Maven's Videomind Series. Can anyone confirm this or does it use a different method?
"They say time is money...i say time is precious"
"They say the whole is much more than the sum of its Parts...Thats why a man is much more than the sum of his Past!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism Effect Called "Chaos" (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL