The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Magic YouTube Channel (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Hey guys here are a couple updates, both filmed at the Magic Castle..

David Gabbay performing Ramsay's Cylinder and Coins:

My complete act in the Close-Up Gallery:

As always, thanks for supporting the channel!
Wilktone
View Profile
Loyal user
Asheville, NC
209 Posts

Profile of Wilktone
"Ladies and gentlemen, the Closeup Gallery has just become..."

lol

Really nice, Tyler. I enjoyed your show very much. Very funny, entertaining, and magical.

Dave
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2018, Wilktone wrote:
"Ladies and gentlemen, the Closeup Gallery has just become..."

lol

Really nice, Tyler. I enjoyed your show very much. Very funny, entertaining, and magical.

Dave

Thanks Dave! Really appreciate it.
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Hey guys, check out Danny Cheng doing three super-sweet coin routines- Just for YOU!!!
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Ladies and Gentlemen...
CURTIS KAMMMM!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3603 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Good stuff!!!
NEW MANUSCRIPT - TWILIGHT ZONE WILD COIN. All New!! As seen on Penn and Teller Fool Us! PM for details!
Rattle purse 2.0 now available! PM me for details!
New FOUR hour Penguin Live lecture TWO with 23 NEW routines, available for download at: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7338
Penguin Live lecture One is THREE hours long, and contains 18 coin effects! Available as a dvd or download from Penguin at http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5960
New York Coin Magic Seminar dvd series available for download at: https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/magic-dvds/new-york-coin-magic-seminar-downloads/
NEW!! At The Table 2 hour lecture download OR DVD containing 11 routines, including THREE never taught before! Download and dvd avaliable at http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S22380 or http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S22833
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1036 Posts

Profile of imgic
I haven’t done much with coins. Just subscribed and looking forward to learning lots.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Been busy with the download project so it's been a minute since I've posted a new video..
Here's an audience and me doing two different coins across routines from the project followed by my fun variation of Jay Sankey's Holey Moley.
Normally I wouldn't perform coins across twice like that, but we kinda needed the footage for the download project.
Audience seemed into it, so no harm..
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3080 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2019, tyler_rabbit wrote:
Been busy with the download project so it's been a minute since I've posted a new video..
Here's an audience and me doing two different coins across routines from the project followed by my fun variation of Jay Sankey's Holey Moley.
Normally I wouldn't perform coins across twice like that, but we kinda needed the footage for the download project.
Audience seemed into it, so no harm..

Nice thanks for sharing......where can we get hold of the brass washers for the holey moley variation ?
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2019, warren wrote:
Nice thanks for sharing......where can we get hold of the brass washers for the holey moley variation ?

Thanks for watching!

The Holey Moley thing unfortunately isn't part of the download project.

I had two sets of the brass washers made custom alomg with some matching s---ls.

Recently after a lot of thought I decided to stop, or at least minimize, my use of "Chinese" coins. Western magic has such a long history of utilizing (and appropriating) Asian design themes so I figured I'd go in a different direction. It may sounds like an attempt to be politically correct, but it's more a matter of Chinese coins not having anything to do with who I am or the ideas I'm communicating..

I initially had the sets made mainly for the 4 and a s--ll- the Holey Moley stuff was more of an afterthought, but once I started messing with Sankey's idea and it's possibilities I fell in love.. Also immediately purchased an original Sankey set because it seemed ethical to do so.
scotchrocket
View Profile
New user
Canada
63 Posts

Profile of scotchrocket
Quote:
... it's more a matter of Chinese coins not having anything to do with who I am or the ideas I'm communicating..

Not to mention them having nothing to do with Chinese currency.

But in all seriousness, I dig this sentiment, and the washers are working, especially for your presentation which is super disarming and approachable. You come off as a regular guy who does magic which -- I hope you'll agree -- the world needs more of.

All of it's in alignment with that 'The Amateur At The Kitchen Table' vibe (which you turned me on to a few years ago and I've been in love with ever since); the idea of disarming the spectator through unconventional presentation, and 'anti-patter' if you will. Awesome stuff.
All about borrowed coins.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3080 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2019, warren wrote:

Thanks for watching!

The Holey Moley thing unfortunately isn't part of the download project.

I had two sets of the brass washers made custom alomg with some matching s---ls.

Recently after a lot of thought I decided to stop, or at least minimize, my use of "Chinese" coins. Western magic has such a long history of utilizing (and appropriating) Asian design themes so I figured I'd go in a different direction. It may sounds like an attempt to be politically correct, but it's more a matter of Chinese coins not having anything to do with who I am or the ideas I'm communicating..

I initially had the sets made mainly for the 4 and a s--ll- the Holey Moley stuff was more of an afterthought, but once I started messing with Sankey's idea and it's possibilities I fell in love.. Also immediately purchased an original Sankey set because it seemed ethical to do so.

I purchased the Sankey set many years ago and it was always a favourite but the only downside is that washers become discolour very quickly and aren't really appropriate in some settings but I think using brass washers is a definite improvement, can we ask where you got them custom made ?
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Magic company who made them asked me not to tell anyone because they don't usually do custom work..
That said, am guessing any reputable gaffer could make up a set.
If you don't need the s---l am guessing anyone who makes custom brass stuff could handle it.
I've been pretty obsessed with the possibilities of Sankey's idea. Here's a super-fast handling:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtVsAzPB6cG/
tommy ng
View Profile
Veteran user
USA,Oregon
375 Posts

Profile of tommy ng
Thank, a lot the good stuff in there!
st3v13
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of st3v13
The idea of using "Chinese" coins has always been a little off putting for me. I've wanted a set of blank Chinese coins. I never considered combining the idea with Holey Moley. BEAUTIFUL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Magic YouTube Channel (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL