The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Where's James Munton and Kyle Peron? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Personally I became tired of the nonsense here, with so many posts and threads being deleted by heavy-handed, over-zealous moderators. I've also cut back on the number of shows I perform, which means I'm more available for better-paid public events.....so I'm not attending nearly as many birthday parties. In effect, I've semi-retired from the Birthday Party business.

Now I find myself concentrating on my real love, music....I get to practise guitar and sing nearly every day, and enjoy discussing the meaning of life with fascinating individuals on Facebook. I think I learned pretty much all there is to know in our business, and anything new still finds it's way to me one way or another.

There is already an answer to pretty much every question folks have, if they bother to search the Magic Café archives. I find it far more helpful, if someone wants to discuss an effect or routine, if they find an old thread, and add a new comment, which brings it back to the top of "active threads". That way, everyone can peruse the many insightful comments made years ago....
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2015, Potty the Pirate wrote:

Now I find myself concentrating on my real love, music....I get to practise guitar and sing nearly every day, and enjoy discussing the meaning of life with fascinating individuals on Facebook. I think I learned pretty much all there is to know in our business, and anything new still finds it's way to me one way or another.

Potty,

I agree 100% with the paragraph of your post pertaining to having time to concentrate on your real love and to explore the meaning of life.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1649 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2015, Howie Diddot wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2015, Jolly Roger wrote:
I just don't understand why someone would join an active group just to lurk and not participate. It makes no sense to me.........but maybe I am missing something. JR

Roger;

In my situation, I have a number of shows every weekend and evenings shows during the week. I start out by loading the illusions that will be needed for the shows and take off to have breakfast and perform the shows I have booked that day; by the time I am finished performing, have dinner and return home and unload my truck, return emails and bid requests, I'm too tired to sign on and actively participate in a forum; It is necessary for my wellbeing to relax, rest and plan for the next days bookings.

I do sometimes sign on to the Café and look at what my friends have posted and scan the sales and trade forum, but I do not have enough energy to concentrate on posting

Does my explanation makes sense to you?

No! Smile JR
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2015, James Munton wrote:I LOVE Texas. I can't really explain why. It must be the people... And the weather... And the food... And the low cost of living!

I love parts of Texas, but the Dallas area has never been a favorite of mine. Still, I really enjoy visiting my friends and acquaintances who live there (several of them are magicians), which is why I generally look forward to visiting Dallas! (Am I still welcome to go for dinner, James?)

As for "lurking" online, I find that it is sometimes difficult to voice an opinion without having someone jump on it and try to start an argument as opposed to just giving an opposing view (perhaps my writing style may come off a little more aggressive than I intend. I am very nice in person ... honest!), so I will sometimes lurk to avoid conflict. (I seem to be unable to access The Bistro, so I stopped going).
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:

I just don't understand why someone would join an active group just to lurk and not participate. It makes no sense to me.........but maybe I am missing something. JR

Quote:
On Apr 25, 2015, Howie Diddot wrote:

Roger;

In my situation, I have a number of shows every weekend and evenings shows during the week. I start out by loading the illusions that will be needed for the shows and take off to have breakfast and perform the shows I have booked that day; by the time I am finished performing, have dinner and return home and unload my truck, return emails and bid requests, I'm too tired to sign on and actively participate in a forum; It is necessary for my wellbeing to relax, rest and plan for the next days bookings.

I do sometimes sign on to the Café and look at what my friends have posted and scan the sales and trade forum, but I do not have enough energy to concentrate on posting

Does my explanation makes sense to you?

Quote:
On Apr 26, 2015, Jolly Roger wrote:

No! Smile JR

Roger, when I first read your short “NO” reply to my question, I was confused as to why you didn’t understand my answer; you wrote

"I don't understand why someone would join an active group just to lurk and not participate. It makes no sense to me.........but maybe I am missing something"

After thinking about it over the weekend, I'm sure I have the answer of what your missing.

I went to the Internet and scanned Trip Advisor for “things to do in San Francisco and things to do in Sedona Arizona and the results were dramatic.

I can see why the internet and the Jolly Jammers is important to you for keeping busy and interacting with magicians.

From what I see on Trip Advisor, Sedona offers star gazing at night; looking at rock formations, and watching the cactus grow in the desert by day.

Trip Adviser recommends points of interest such as Hiking, renting a jeep, flying in a helicopter, taking a balloon ride or riding on a horse…and shopping in downtown Sedona.

This is not my interpretation, read the Trip Advisor list of things to do in Sedona that I cut and pasted below.

Now if you read the Trip Advisor list of things to do in San Francisco that I also cut and pasted here in the thread, there are many interesting ways to occupy my free time.

The city has attractions I like to spend my time with, including cruising around Alcatraz island and the San Francisco bay in my 50 foot cabin cruiser; I like biking over the Golden Gate Bridge, taking the afternoon riding the cable cars, or visiting the many museums, wine tasting through the world famous Napa Valley, driving my friends around from winery to winery in the Howie Diddot Magic Bus along with hundreds of other varied attractions to keep me busy in my free time so I don’t sit in front of my computer when I am not performing.

Aside from the attractions, I enjoy going to China Town, Japan Town or any of the fine restaurants in the ethnic areas of the city for lunch, or spending the day at Pier 39, or Union Square where there is some type of entertainment at either location every day for me to enjoy.

Additionally there are about five evening magic clubs in the bay area every month during the week that I will try to attend if I am not working.

Living in Sedona with limited recreationally activities especially in the summer when the outside temperature will reach 120 degrees and nothing more to occupy your time other than looking at the mountains and desert provides you with many hours of idle time and I imagine that the forum is a great way for keeping in touch with your friends around the world.

I would join the Jolly Jammers because I like you and would want to support you but I'd never be able to participate as much as you would like me to and post comments daly on the forum.

As we discussed in past threads, the next time I’m in Arizona, I’ll get together with you for lunch and we can talk magic.

Listed below are the Trip Adviser recommendations for San Francisco and Sedona.

San Francisco
• Alcatraz
• Golden Gate Bridge
• Segway Tours
• Electric Tour Company Segway Tours
• City Segway Tours San Francisco
• Electric Bike Tour Over the Golden Gate
• AT&T Park
• Home of the San Francisco Giants Major League baseball team.
• San Francisco Bay Offers hiking and biking along its shores, paddling and sailing on top of its surface,
• Golden Gate Park
• Streets of San Francisco Bike Tours
• Palace of Fine Arts
• Walt Disney Family Museum
• The Exploratorium
• Experience the Exploratorium, a hands-on museum of science, art, and human perception
• Legion of Honor
• “Great Museum of European Art” An outstanding collection of European art in a gorgeous hilltop museum setting.
• California Academy of Sciences The world’s only aquarium-planetarium-rainforest-living museum. Come nose-to-beak with penguins and... more
• Twin Peaks
• Asian Art Museuml The museum houses art from more than 40 countries, with an emphasis on Chinese ceramics.
• Cable Cars
• Cable Car Museum
• A museum to San Francisco's beloved cable cars, with a subterranean walkway that lets you see the... more
• San Francisco Symphony; Presents and performs over 220 concerts annually, from September through July. In 2011-12 celebrates... more
• Crissy Field; A popular park for jogging, picnics, biking, and sightseeing.
• Musee Mecanique; This superb collection of mechanical games and toys will entice people of all ages.
• Wine Country Tour Shuttle; Wine Country Tour Shuttle,
• San Francisco Opera ; Attend one of the best operas in the U.S.

SEDONA
• Cathedral Rock; Towering red rock formation, part of the Cathedral Rock Trail.
• Red Rock Scenic Byway (SR 179)
• Pink Jeep Tours Sedona
• Red Rock Jeep Tours
• Barlow Jeep Rentals
• Oak Creek Canyon
• Chapel of the Holy Cross
• This chapel, located among dramatic rock formations, offers spectacular views, especially at sunset.
• Bell Rock
• Sedona Sacred Earth
• Silver Spur Tours
• M Diamond Ranch
• 2 Gear Rentals
• Barlow Jeep Rentals
• Safari Tomcar
• Broken Arrow Trail
• “It was great for the family”
• “Gorgous Views”
• Devil's Bridge Trail; An easy hiking trail that leads hikers into Sedona's famed Red Rock country.
• West Fork Oak Creek Trail; Trail that follows a creek at the bottom of a 1,000-foot canyon.
• A Spa for You Sedona Day Spa
• Sedona Star Gazing “a Great evening activity”
• “Try Dry Creek road; Pull off and sit on car...
• Doe Mountain Trail; Wow, entire mesa to ourselves late in the afternoon...
• Bear Mountain Trail; “Worth the grind!”
• 3 Balloon Rides
• Red Rock Balloons
• Northern Light Balloon Expeditions
• Sky High Balloons
• Specialty & Gift Shops
• Kachina House
• The Hike House
• Mystical Bazaar
• Airport Mesa; “Great place for sunset”
• Amitabha Stupa & Peace Park; “Tranquil space”
• Red Rock State Park
• Encore Theater Sedona; “Nice way to spend the evening” “Show has closed”
• V-Bar-V Ranch Petro glyph Site; “Great place to visit”
• Sedona Airport Overlook ; “Great view”
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:

Well I do not understand why you would add people to your group without asking their permission first.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Roger;

Devoting my time posting in the Jolly Jammers daily as required to being a member is an impossible task for me to be committed to.

In a past post you indicated that I was number 23 on the waiting list for membership in the Jolly Jammers; with the requirement of posting daily I respectfully request that you please remove me from the waiting list.

I won't forget you; the next time I’m in Arizona, we will get together for lunch and talk magic.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1649 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Smile JR
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1649 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Ok............One member has recently been removed from The Jolly Jammers, so there is one more opening. Feel free to apply, and you never know your luck. There are some amazing discussions going on there right now!!! Smile JR
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Where's James Munton and Kyle Peron? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL