The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Natural Law » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
That's quite a statement of faith.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Now you know why I stick to the animated gifs.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Remember that we are dealing with two phases here. One is Man's physical existance here on earth and the second is destiny of his immortal soul for all eternity. Do not confuse the two even though both at times are referred too as life.

What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world (the short time here on earth) and loses his immortal soul?

Many speak of punishment. There is the punishment here on earth. However the extreme punishment and loss of one's soul is the only punishment man should concern himself with.

Death at times in the Bible refers to the loss of ones immortal soul, not the death of his physical being here on earth. Whereas life may refer to the short time here on earth. It also may mean sharing and being with God for all of eternity. It all depends on how it was put to scripture. The Bible is just not to be taken literally as a story, but rather as an instrument to help guide man to save his immortal soul for all eternity and have his soul live as opposed to losing it by sin and having it dead. Remember the soul is immortal. So it never dies but it lives in God and dies in sin.

I am not able to express all that I believe in a few words here and am trying to get across my thoughts and beliefs and not be extremely verbose and as such I am sure my posts leaves a lot to be desired in explanation...sorry.

When speaking of life and death in the Bible, one must realize what the Bible is referring too. Is it the short life span here on earth, or is it the eternal life with God.

I am discussing here what has been discussed for countless centuries and millions upon millions of words have written . So do not expect to get an answer from my posting a few words on The Café.

I will end this post by saying. Believe what you will. You have the free will to do and believe what you will. I believe that free will was given to you by God for a reason. I am not God, nor do I claim to know His reason. However I have faith in God and will follow what I believe. Everyone makes their own decisions in matters such as these. It is these decisions that I believe will affect your immortal soul. We can all act and say whatever to our fellow man but God knows what is in your heart. You can fool your fellow man but you cannot fool God. I am not saying you must believe me. Far from it. I am only telling you what I believe. Do as you wish and believe what you want. I am fine with that. I do not have to defend my beliefs to anyone. I have faith and have nothing to prove nor am I trying to convert anyone. Glad I got that off my chest. Thanks if you read this far. If not I understand. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:

The omniscience problem is interesting, but it really has nothing to do with the Judeo-Christian God, since He is clearly not omniscient if one takes scripture literally. Why, for example, would it have been necessary for God to cause the flood to essentially start things all over again if He knew they were going to go wrong in the first place? And why would God have asked Satan, in the book of Job, to report to Him about the conditions on earth and to provide updates on Job while testing him to see if he would keep his faith under adversity? An omniscient God would have already known the answers.

It seems to me that when Jesus cried from the cross, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?, an omniscient God would have responded, "Why? You **** well know why!" Smile



But then if god isn't omniscient it isn't all knowing.
If it isn't all knowing then it isn't all powerful.
If it isn't all powerful then why call it god?

What's the point in worshiping a god with limitations? Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, Payne wrote:


But then if god isn't omniscient it isn't all knowing.
If it isn't all knowing then it isn't all powerful.
If it isn't all powerful then why call it god?

What's the point in worshiping a god with limitations? Smile


Holy non sequitur, Batman!
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2805 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
What if God is a thousand times smarter than we are?

Would that change things?

Of course it would. So the real question here is, am I as smart as God?

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, TomBoleware wrote:

What if God is a thousand times smarter than we are?

Would that change things?

Of course it would. So the real question here is, am I as smart as God?

Tom


If it's the god of the Bible then yes, I am far smarter than that god.

I certainly wouldn't have told Adam and Eve not to eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge before they knew the difference between right and wrong.

I would've put in the Ten Commandments that Woman are equal to men, Rape is bad and slavery is forbidden.

I'd let Jews eat Bacon and clams

I would have come up with a virus to kill all the evil humans on the planet without having to wipe out all life haphazardly with a world wide flood.

I certainly wouldn't have sent my son down to earth to horribly and painfully sacrifice himself to give humanity an way to get into heaven. I'd have simply changed the rules. Rules that I made so I should be able to change and amend them without torturing people.

I certainly wouldn't unfairly dish out eternal punishment for finite crimes.

I would also make sure my Holy book wasn't full of contradictions, historical inaccuracies and thinly veiled fables stolen from other cultures.

So yes, I think I'm smarter than this god. I think the average six year old is as well. Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, TomBoleware wrote:

What if God is a thousand times smarter than we are?

Would that change things?

Of course it would. So the real question here is, am I as smart as God?

Tom


If it's the god of the Bible then yes, I am far smarter than that god.

I certainly wouldn't have told Adam and Eve not to eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge before they knew the difference between right and wrong.

I would've put in the Ten Commandments that Woman are equal to men, Rape is bad and slavery is forbidden.

I'd let Jews eat Bacon and clams

I would have come up with a virus to kill all the evil humans on the planet without having to wipe out all life haphazardly with a world wide flood.

I certainly wouldn't have sent my son down to earth to horribly and painfully sacrifice himself to give humanity an way to get into heaven. I'd have simply changed the rules. Rules that I made so I should be able to change and amend them without torturing people.

I certainly wouldn't unfairly dish out eternal punishment for finite crimes.

I would also make sure my Holy book wasn't full of contradictions, historical inaccuracies and thinly veiled fables stolen from other cultures.

So yes, I think I'm smarter than this god. I think the average six year old is as well. Smile


You still don't see the difference between the short time here on earth in physical form as opposed to eternity in which your soul will exist. Maybe you are not as smart as you think you are. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Y'all know, in addition to there being no god, that there's no souls either right?
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
That's quite a statement of faith.


You're aware that faith is believing in things that can't be seen, not the other way around right?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, silvercup wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
That's quite a statement of faith.


You're aware that faith is believing in things that can't be seen, not the other way around right?


"b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof"

I trust you have no proof that there is no God?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
We’re always thinking of eternity as an idea that cannot be understood, something immense. But why must it be? What if, instead of all this, you suddenly find just a little room there, something like a village bath-house, grimy, and spiders in every corner, and that’s all eternity is. Sometimes, you know, I can’t help feeling that that’s probably what it is.
Dostoevsky Crime and Punishment
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, silvercup wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
That's quite a statement of faith.


You're aware that faith is believing in things that can't be seen, not the other way around right?


"b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof"

I trust you have no proof that there is no God?


We gonna rehash that yet again? Tell ya what, you prove there is no Kukulcan.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
We don't have to rehash anything. I was just commenting on your faith.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, silvercup wrote:
Y'all know, in addition to there being no god, that there's no souls either right?



If that is what you believe. Then so be it.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
We’re always thinking of eternity as an idea that cannot be understood, something immense. But why must it be? What if, instead of all this, you suddenly find just a little room there, something like a village bath-house, grimy, and spiders in every corner, and that’s all eternity is. Sometimes, you know, I can’t help feeling that that’s probably what it is.
Dostoevsky Crime and Punishment



I hate spiders.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
We don't have to rehash anything. I was just commenting on your faith.


I assure you I have no faith, but you call it what you like.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, silvercup wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
We don't have to rehash anything. I was just commenting on your faith.


I assure you I have no faith, but you call it what you like.


So you don't have a firm belief in something that is unproven?

I'm just following the dictionary. Either:

1) You have proof that God doesn't exist; or

2) You don't have a firm belief that God doesn't exist; or

3) You have faith (that God doesn't exist).
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, silvercup wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, silvercup wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
That's quite a statement of faith.


You're aware that faith is believing in things that can't be seen, not the other way around right?


"b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof"

I trust you have no proof that there is no God?


We gonna rehash that yet again? Tell ya what, you prove there is no Kukulcan.


Who said there was no Kukulcan?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, silvercup wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
We don't have to rehash anything. I was just commenting on your faith.


I assure you I have no faith, but you call it what you like.


That is a pity.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Natural Law » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL