The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Natural Law » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
R.S. Poster:

Correct - you are wrong. But I'm willing to bet that YOU have a void inside that needs to be filled with the promise of love and acceptance from some unproven almighty "father". I also bet that you occasionally go to a place just to "worship" him in order to gain his approval. And you sometimes tell another person who wears a collar (and has a closer relationship with the father than you do) of all your "sins", so that the person with a collar can then give you a special "cleansing" ritual designed just for you. Now THAT'S insecurity! How empty is YOUR life if it takes a lifetime of this sort of thing to feel "right" (although the guilt of some perceived "original sin" never really does go away, does it?).


I am leaving the house shortly because of an appointment. But I had to answer this quickly. I really wish I could bet you on your statement. I have not been to confession in over 30 years. But you are right that I go to Mass every Sunday and all of our Holy days.

When I read some of your posts I want to really tell you about my life and what I went through. But quite honestly it is none of your business. You think from reading a few posts that I make that you know me. That just shows how delusional you are. You don't know squat about me. The only thing you may or may not know is that at this point in my life I am quite successful and I believe in God. Nothing else.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, silvercup wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
We don't have to rehash anything. I was just commenting on your faith.


I assure you I have no faith, but you call it what you like.


So you don't have a firm belief in something that is unproven?

I'm just following the dictionary. Either:

1) You have proof that God doesn't exist; or

2) You don't have a firm belief that God doesn't exist; or

3) You have faith (that God doesn't exist).


I'm not the guy that thinks he has to prove something doesn't exist. Faith doesn't enter into it.
You said you didn't want to rehash but that wasn't true was it?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2015, silvercup wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, silvercup wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
We don't have to rehash anything. I was just commenting on your faith.


I assure you I have no faith, but you call it what you like.


So you don't have a firm belief in something that is unproven?

I'm just following the dictionary. Either:

1) You have proof that God doesn't exist; or

2) You don't have a firm belief that God doesn't exist; or

3) You have faith (that God doesn't exist).

I'm not the guy that thinks he has to prove something doesn't exist. Faith doesn't enter into it.
You said you didn't want to rehash but that wasn't true was it?

Whether you think it or not isn't relevant.

Faith is at the heart of it, whether you're willing to admit it or not.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2015, silvercup wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, silvercup wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
We don't have to rehash anything. I was just commenting on your faith.


I assure you I have no faith, but you call it what you like.


So you don't have a firm belief in something that is unproven?

I'm just following the dictionary. Either:

1) You have proof that God doesn't exist; or

2) You don't have a firm belief that God doesn't exist; or

3) You have faith (that God doesn't exist).


I'm not the guy that thinks he has to prove something doesn't exist. Faith doesn't enter into it.
You said you didn't want to rehash but that wasn't true was it?


If you'd quit making faith-based statements, it wouldn't get rehashed. You said you don't have faith, but if you look at an actual definition of faith, which I so generously provided for you, you'd see that's not true, is it?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5290 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2015, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, acesover wrote:

I just cannot fathom why my belief, or the belief, of anyone else in God disturbs you so much.



It doesn't. But you're obviously disturbed by our non=belief. Otherwise you'd just ignore our posts.


Wow- the Pot Calling The Kettle Black! Well- you really fooled me. Out of everybody here your posts are probably some of the most negative and condescending when it comes to talking about God. You are to funny.....
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2015, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2015, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, acesover wrote:

I just cannot fathom why my belief, or the belief, of anyone else in God disturbs you so much.



It doesn't. But you're obviously disturbed by our non=belief. Otherwise you'd just ignore our posts.


Wow- the Pot Calling The Kettle Black! Well- you really fooled me. Out of everybody here your posts are probably some of the most negative and condescending when it comes to talking about God. You are to funny.....



I was laughing at that, myself. Let's see, if Aces continually replies to Payne, it means he's disturbed by his beliefs, but if Payne continually responds to Aces, it doesn't mean he's disturbed by *his*'beliefs. Ooookaaaayyyy.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Natural Law » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL