We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Copper/silver (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Justin Craddock
View Profile
Regular user
buffalo,ny
127 Posts

Profile of Justin Craddock
I am trying to come up with a new routine with copper silver transpositions and my ending I want to change the copper coin to silver so that I have a silver english penny and a copper half dollar. I have the gimmicks I just need input - ANY IDEAS?
"When a performance is over, What remains"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22930 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Try the Bobo coin switch. Works every time.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Just don't do the one, two, three get ready and learn my pattern so that you can tell when I do the switch.

Kirk
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
You might want to look at Kainoa's book "Coins on Edge" for some nifty mechanics. I'd offer you my routine but that is not quite in print yet. The move I suggest using for the routine is mentioned in Kainoa's book. It works just fine to switch two coins for two coins. Go for it!
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Justin Craddock
View Profile
Regular user
buffalo,ny
127 Posts

Thank you Jonathan, I was thinking of getting that book but did not think it had anything to apply to my magic. I was also thinking of a spellbound to switch them both so that the audience thinks that nothing happened and has to examine them further to see the change. The only problem is that they may not notice the difference.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Jonathan, might this be an opportune moment for the "jinx switch with coins"?
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
You might also want to check out Mike Gallo's excellent work from The Dynasty Continues where he produces four chinese coins at the end of the c/s routine. Garrett Thomas is also doing a version of this (I've seen him lecture it....I don't believe his is in print).

Coins on Edge not only has Jonathan's EG work (which can also be used to exchange a stack of coins for another stack....a useful tool if you've been holding out for a while or a few moments), it also contains four jazzier c/s sequences that will most likely not be worth applying to your magic.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8696 Posts

Profile of harris
Curtis K has a great 3 for 3 switch on his POS. Only use it if you are not in Greater Kansas City Area. (Just serious)

Kainoland stuff is on my waiting to be purchased list.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
It'd definitely be worth your while looking into Kainoa's material, as well as the other sources mentioned above.

Is your routine designed to work standing or seated? If you're seated, you might want to consider John Cornelius' Metamorphsis Change, which I learned from David Roth's Expert Coin Magic Made Easy Volume 3. I use this in one of my own pet routines, ending with the simultaneous tabled change of two coins (just performing a modified version of the Metamorphosis Change with both hands at once and "you-know-whatting" the switched-out coins).

Cheers,

Cy.
Justin Craddock
View Profile
Regular user
buffalo,ny
127 Posts

Kainoa, Garrett truly has palms of steel and he has shown me this personally due to the fact I live near him. However, I want a very clean way to do this without having to hold out through the whole routine and not being able to show my hands. Thank you, everyone, for your input
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
788 Posts

Profile of tedski
I am sure you are aware of the many mechanics of different switches that are referenced above, however, I am noting you are changing the traditional metal associated with these coins. If I may ask, what is the thought process, or motivation you are using for this? Are you emphasizing a transposition effect,or a transformation? Just curious...
Justin Craddock
View Profile
Regular user
buffalo,ny
127 Posts

A very good Question!!! The thought process is that I want to build with each move and the end I want them to think they know what is going to happen but suprise them again. Another motivation is that I perform for alot of magicians and I want to take items that magicians are familar with and TRY to fool them. My last motivation is that this would be a copper silver routine not like any I have seen so to me this is my own.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Fussing with material for magicians that does not play for laymen is kind of wasteful. If you design your routines right, they will work just fine for both.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2946 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Here's a good one: Silver Thief, from Wonderful Routines of Magic the second addendum.
I j
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Copper/silver (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL