The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Parents of Child Killed in Boston Marathon Bombing Don’t Want Tsarnaev to Face the Death Penalty (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2015, acesover wrote:
I think it only fair that he be treated fairly and be put in general populatiion and have all the privileges as the other prisoners. Smile Who knows he may even find a boy friend before they do what they do to this sort of person in prison. A win win situation.

It always fascinates me that those who profess to be horrified by Sadaam's rape rooms, like to give a wink and a nudge when it comes to the rape of prisoners as punishment here in the US.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2015, landmark wrote:
Quote:
I think it only fair that he be treated fairly and be put in general populatiion and have all the privileges as the other prisoners. Smile Who knows he may even find a boy friend before they do what they do to this sort of person in prison. A win win situation.

It always fascinates me that those who profess to be horrified by Sadaam's rape rooms, like to give a wink and a nudge when it comes to the rape of prisoners as punishment here in the US.

Well I really don't want him raped. Who knows maybe he likes it. But that is another topic altogether. But I would not mind seeing him dead for killing that little boy and injuring the little girl an many others. Also what he tried to do to the morale of the United States. Yea his death would not make me sad at all.

Would like to see what the other prisoners would do to him when they call him out and he throws them the bird like he has done here in the past. Of course Tony thinks if he acts tough. Tough...yea, he looks tough in the eyes of those in prison, especially after killing an 8 year old boy with a bomb. I believe he would wet his pants in the first 15 minutes. From then on it is down hill for this tough guy. Of course maybe he could pass out signed copies of his picture on the cover of Rolling Stone.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20537 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
Quote:

Yes the idea also occurred to me actually.

Mind you prison is what it is and when you commit a crime you sort of sign up for that. But to gleefully wish it upon another sends the wrong message.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I agree, Danny and landmark. It's especially ironic (and somewhat dismaying) to hear a professed Christian wish that on someone else.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16235 Posts

Profile of tommy
Anybody who wishes that on any man is a sick little pervert who ought to be locked up in a mental institution with the other entirely disgusting little perverts.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I feel sorry for the lawyers. I know it's a job someone has to do but I would find it impossible to stand up and defend someone who I knew took a child's life.
I don't know anything about who is defending him - do they do it reluctantly because it has to be done - or enthusiastically for the professional kudos if they do better than expected?
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2754 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
Quote:

Oh it's always OK when it happens to OUR prisoners because OUR prisoners are really bad guys!

(That was sarcasm by the way.)
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2754 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2015, Destiny wrote:
I feel sorry for the lawyers. I know it's a job someone has to do but I would find it impossible to stand up and defend someone who I knew took a child's life.
I don't know anything about who is defending him - do they do it reluctantly because it has to be done - or enthusiastically for the professional kudos if they do better than expected?

Hopefully they do it enthusiastically because they realize he needs the best defense available and that's their job.
If they were doing it "reluctantly" or only for the "professional kudos" then they are in the wrong profession.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
I would think that any lawyer who could get this client life instead of death would never have to worry about attracting clients again.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
I agree, Danny and landmark. It's especially ironic (and somewhat dismaying) to hear a professed Christian wish that on someone else.

Ok let's get something straight here. If you are referring to this post,

Who knows he may even find a boy friend before they do what they do to this sort of person in prison. A win win situation.

It means exactly what it says. First off many prisoners have boyfriends in prison. Check it out. Secondly many child molesters and child killers are beaten and often killed. As he may get a boyfriend. So he may get beaten up and or killed which would not upset me. That is how I feel. Christian or not you can only push me so far.

So what is the issue here?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Bob,

Don't be condescending and use the word "profess" when describing me as being a Christian. I am a Christian and practice my faith. However I am not blinded nor obsessed by it.

There are Christians and there are radical Christians just as there are muslims and radical muslims. Radicals are out there trying to convert everyone to their way of thinking. That is not Christianity as far as I am concerned. That is an obsession and obsessions almost leads to disaster.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
"Profess" simply means "to assert." Any condescension in the word is the product of your own imagination.

Wishing horrible things to happen to others while they are in custody is not my idea of Christianity.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
"Profess" simply means "to assert." Any condescension in the word is the product of your own imagination.

Wishing horrible things to happen to others while they are in custody is not my idea of Christianity.

Depends on what dictionary one uses. Here is another. to say that you are, do, or feel something when other people doubt what you say.

Never really cared what your idea of Christianity is. Being "in custody" is a nice out. Because I am talking about being incarcerated not just being in custody. We are talking being in prison not in custody. The man if you wish to call him that, is a vicious killer of children and wishes to destroy the American way of life, just for openers. If he could he would gladly kill you and your loved ones. He kills because people do not see things his way. Please don't be blinded and try to be PC. As far as I am concerned any punishment he receives is not enough for his deeds. But I do not believe that makes me a bad Christian. I only take "Turn the other cheek" so far. Don't want to turn this into a long rant as I see it going there because I have no where said all I want on this topic. So I will stop.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Tony you are absolutely ignorant of the American prison system and you un just showed it. MOST prison gangs won't allow in child touchers and many promote for killing them. Some will kill you for having an opportunity to kill one and not taking it. These are well documented facts.

Often rapists have the same issues. You are way out of your depth talking about these things. I am sorry but it is true. It takes way more than a tough attitude, you have to actually BE tough.

Ever been in a maximum security prison? Talk to anyone who has? Try it some time then offer an opinion.

Danny, I have the same experience of a high security prison as you do. *** all.

If a gang member is a paedophile on the outside, once he gets inside he will still be part of the gang. And that is well documented. The paedophiles and rapists they go after are the non-aligned ones, the weaker ones. If Tsarnaev aligned with a radical Muslim group on the inside - and among some he might be a hero - he would be fine in the general prison population. It is only if he is isolated and on his own that he would be vulnerable.

But it is a moot point, since he won't be in the general population, no matter how the sentencing goes.

Much of the prison population have gang affiliations of various sorts. Drug dealers, career criminals, etc, are often part of groups of various sorts. Most rapists and other deviants are solitary in their pursuits. This is why they are vulnerable in prison. It has nothing to do with some cosy myth that violent criminals share our revulsion with these guys. They don't. They are not the good guys.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Now if only we had, say, a Nicaraguan present to provide expertise about Ireland's society and justice system.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20537 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Tony you are absolutely ignorant of the American prison system and you un just showed it. MOST prison gangs won't allow in child touchers and many promote for killing them. Some will kill you for having an opportunity to kill one and not taking it. These are well documented facts.

Often rapists have the same issues. You are way out of your depth talking about these things. I am sorry but it is true. It takes way more than a tough attitude, you have to actually BE tough.

Ever been in a maximum security prison? Talk to anyone who has? Try it some time then offer an opinion.

Danny, I have the same experience of a high security prison as you do. *** all.

If a gang member is a paedophile on the outside, once he gets inside he will still be part of the gang. And that is well documented. The paedophiles and rapists they go after are the non-aligned ones, the weaker ones. If Tsarnaev aligned with a radical Muslim group on the inside - and among some he might be a hero - he would be fine in the general prison population. It is only if he is isolated and on his own that he would be vulnerable.

But it is a moot point, since he won't be in the general population, no matter how the sentencing goes.

Much of the prison population have gang affiliations of various sorts. Drug dealers, career criminals, etc, are often part of groups of various sorts. Most rapists and other deviants are solitary in their pursuits. This is why they are vulnerable in prison. It has nothing to do with some cosy myth that violent criminals share our revulsion with these guys. They don't. They are not the good guys.

Well you as usual want to universalise your own experience. I spent quite a bit of time with violent offenders in a program trying to get down the recidivism rate. Gang members trying to disassociate once they were out of prison. I actually have quite a bit of experience. So please do not tell me when you have ZERO experience that you have the same as me.

Dude pedophiles are killed by gangs OUTSIDE of prison! (I am talking in America.) I have way more experience in that world than I care to remember. But it is something you think you researched so you think you know. I am talking about people who I worked with PERSONALLY.

Your ignorance of the AMERICAN prison gang system is hilarious. Often gangs are organized by race. At times the gang you are fighting on the outside may have a member of the gang you have to join to stay alive inside. It happens.

Don't assume everyone shares your level of no experience. They don't. I have NO IDEA what gangs in prison are like in any other country. So I will not speak of it. I just find it laughable that with no experience you make such grand pronouncements.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Danny, we both have the same experience. Neither of us has done time in a high security prison.

Like you I have spoken extensively with violent criminals. Also with prison officers and cops. And paedophiles and their victims. Several hundred hours. But aside from a couple of days in a medium security wing of a prison, no actual experience. Loudly proclaiming my lack of experience doesn't actually improve yours.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Tony, what you have written here proves that you have very little understanding of the U.S. prison system/culture.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20537 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Absolutely.

I did not talk or interview them Tony. I worked with them. Huge difference. Sorry yuu break it to you n
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Danny, an opinion is like an a&s - we all have one. I haven't seen anything from you to cause me to change my mind. Just stating your opinion forcefully, which is all you have actually done, doesn't cut it with me. Sorry.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Parents of Child Killed in Boston Marathon Bombing Don’t Want Tsarnaev to Face the Death Penalty (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL