The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How Marvel will pass up DC (on TV) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
So, after a few missteps on TV, (Agents of Shield and Peggy Carter), Marvel has gotten their act together thanks to Netflix. And they are using the same strategy in creating an expanded universe on TV as they used on the big screen.

When Marvel Studios started out they picked 4 Superheros and created movies for each of them before bringing them together in one blockbuster move, The Avengers. They also picked top quality actors and directors and script writers to create their movies. Marvel is now doing the same thing on TV. Netflix just completed a very successful release of Daredevil, next will be Jessica Jones, then Iron Fist and wrapped up with Luke Cage. (Now with a 2nd season of Daredevil announced also.) Daredevil had great actors, great writing and had little tie-in's to the Marvel Universe sprinkled throughout. (Madam Gao will potentially be a returning villain in Iron Fist and I think Luke Cage will appear in the upcoming Jessica Jones series.) Once they've introduced all four heroes with their own shows, NetFlix will bring them together for a mini-series based on all four characters joining forces as The Defenders.

I have little doubt that Marvel is well on their way to passing up DC as the king of TV super hero shows.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Ooops, I think Luke Cage will appear before Iron Fist. I was reading from an old article.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20537 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Told you ol DD would be good.

With those initials how could it not be?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2015, rockwall wrote:

So, after a few missteps on TV, (Agents of Shield and Peggy Carter),

Those are missteps? How so?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I don't think Agents of Shield is particularly good. (I admit I haven't watched much of Agent Carter at all.)

Agents of Shield follows much the same formula as Flash and other super hero shows. Villain of the week, etc.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
I'm anxious to see Daredevil. But since I don't have Netflix I'll have to wait for it's release on DVD.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » How Marvel will pass up DC (on TV) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.41 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL