The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Not very magical, still... Ľ Ľ Jade Helm 15 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
"Paranoid Texans grill Army spokesman on Jade Helm 15"

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/paranoid......akeover/
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devilís Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
Government trolls saying itís not a martial law exercise. Itís a training exercise. Just a regular training exercise, doesnít help the already dubious credibility of the USA fascist totalitarian oligarchic government.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2015, tommy wrote:
Government trolls saying itís not a martial law exercise. Itís a training exercise. Just a regular training exercise, doesnít help the already dubious credibility of the USA fascist totalitarian oligarchic government.

And that post did nothing to enhance your dubious credibility either.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Question ... Our military is trained to kill. The US military is never to be used to police US citizens ... That's what the police do ... When the Military begin to be police then we become a POLICE STATE... Founding Fathers say No No No!!!!!
Why would they train Marines for riot control?
Are the marines controlling riots anywhere around the world, or are they shooting and killing as trained?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devilís Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
Quote:
On May 29, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2015, tommy wrote:

And that post did nothing to enhance your dubious credibility either.

Bob we all know that you are an Obama troll.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20615 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Love the martial law Wal Mart conspiracy!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1217 Posts

Profile of imgic
Slim King is right in that posse comitatus legally prevents US Military to police US citizens. The national guard may be called on if needed. But not active duty military.

But the US military is seeing an increase in Operations Other Than War (OOTW) where military are used on humanitarian efforts, search and rescue, peacekeeping and more. To do those things they have to be trained. In such things as riot control, cargo air drops, first responder medical care, and a whole lot more. Marines (and the military) aren't just for killing anymore...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, imgic wrote:

Slim King is right in that posse comitatus legally prevents US Military to police US citizens. The national guard may be called on if needed. But not active duty military.

According to Wikipedia, the Posse Comitatus Act "only specifically applies to the Army and, as amended in 1956, the Air Force. While the Act does not explicitly mention the naval services, specifically the Navy and the Marine Corps, the Department of the Navy has prescribed regulations that are generally construed to give the Act force with respect to those services as well. The Act does not apply to the National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor. The United States Coast Guard, which operates under the Department of Homeland Security, is not covered by the Posse Comitatus Act either, primarily because although the Coast Guard is an armed service, it also has both a maritime law enforcement mission and a federal regulatory agency mission."

Specifically, it does not cover Marines. So I guess the government has some wiggle room. My guess is that whatever regulations the Department of the Navy imposed could probably be overridden or rewritten on short notice.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20615 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What other nation does not use the military to control the border again?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
France?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20615 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Is that an answer?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
When I said France, I was kidding. The usual joke about France and its military etc.

I'm not what your border question had to do with Jade Helm 15 in the first place, as I did not think anyone here questioned the use of a nation's military to defend its borders at least in a crisis if not on a day to day basis (which is more the work of border control agents).

There are open borders between different member states of the European Union, and in some other places as well. I'm not sure what role the military plays in some of those nations with open borders. Probably less than here, anyway.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20615 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Look into it and get back to me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1223 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
What other nation does not use the military to control the border again?

Costa Rica is one.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devilís Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
Whoever is guarding the borders is asleep by the look of it.

Tommy
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, imgic wrote:

But the US military is seeing an increase in Operations Other Than War (OOTW) where military are used on humanitarian efforts, search and rescue, peacekeeping and more. To do those things they have to be trained. In such things as riot control, cargo air drops, first responder medical care, and a whole lot more. Marines (and the military) aren't just for killing anymore...

The founding fathers would never use the military for anything besides defending our country. I do NOT fund the military for humanitarian missions no matter how Humanitarian they are ... it's NOT their job. It's an abuse of power.

Using the National Guard as combat units rather than having them secure the border and protect the states was just INSANE. Now we have over 11 million Illegal Aliens who just walked in and thousands of dead National Guardsmen. It's upsetting!!!

This is a similar MISTAKE! It's an abuse of power and certainly not what our nation is all about.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20615 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The military is going to follow orers. But they are not designed for humanitarian anything. The exact opposite as it turns out.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Slim- How, exactly, is conducting a training exercise an abuse of power?
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1217 Posts

Profile of imgic
Wow...guess Slim and Danny haven't watched the news when any disaster hits...US Military is often there providing relief and support. Earthquakes, missing airliners, oil spills. A lot of military traing supports these efforts...logistics, search and rescue, medical, and more.

Slim, Google The Whiskey Rebellion, Our founding fathers did use troops to enforce federal law on US soil. Thankfully we've learned from our past mistakes.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Not very magical, still... Ľ Ľ Jade Helm 15 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL