We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Jade Helm 15 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Just for fun, I offer y'all this:

Quote:
At what point shall we expect the approach of danger? By what means shall we fortify against it?-- Shall we expect some transatlantic military giant, to step the Ocean, and crush us at a blow? Never!--All the armies of Europe, Asia and Africa combined, with all the treasure of the earth (our own excepted) in their military chest; with a Buonaparte for a commander, could not by force, take a drink from the Ohio, or make a track on the Blue Ridge, in a trial of a thousand years.

At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide.


Abraham Lincoln, Lyceum Address, 27 January, 1838
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I guess Slim has never heard of Operation Oak tree in 1963, in which President Kennedy sent federal troops to Birmingham as a response to riots fueled by the activities of the KKK.

Quote:
[Governor]Wallace complained again, to the Supreme Court. The Court responded that Kennedy was exercising his authority within U.S. Code Title X, Section 333, stating: "Such purely preparatory measures and their alleged adverse general effects upon the plaintiffs afford no basis for the granting of any relief."[31]

Perceived inefficiencies of the operation led the Joint Chiefs of Staff to draft a memo on preparedness for domestic civil disturbances. According to this memo, the newly created Strike Command should be able "to move readily deployable, tailored Army forces ranging in size from a reinforced company to a maximum force of 15,000 personnel."[32] The Strike Command designated seven Army brigades (amounting to about 21,000 soldiers) as available to respond to civil unrest.[33]


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham......Oak_Tree
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17682 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Slim- How, exactly, is conducting a training exercise an abuse of power?

What are they training them to do .. Riot control in Iraq or Libya?
Military is to kill our enemies. That's what they do. It's pretty simple.
Using the military for your pet project is 100% wrong.
The National Guard started as militia's to guard our states ... NOT to go fight wars in the middle east.
The IRS started as a 1% tax on the top 1% ... See what road that has taken us? It's an abuse of power just like this is.
The FBI had photo's, video's, recorded interviews, and had one of the Boston bombers on an International Terror Watch List ... Yet they 'ASKED" us to help identify them on national TV(HOWEVER, They knew exactly who they were) as they brought in the troops for Martial Law in Boston. Same thing here.
An abuse of power.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
In case you missed it, this thread is about Jade Helm, which has nothing to do with the National Guard.

Here, by the way, is the text of of US Code Section 333:

Quote:
The President, by using the militia or the armed forces, or both, or by any other means, shall take such measures as he considers necessary to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy, if it—
(1) so hinders the execution of the laws of that State, and of the United States within the State, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or
(2) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.
In any situation covered by clause (1), the State shall be considered to have denied the equal protection of the laws secured by the Constitution.


https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/333

As to the President's authority to call up the National Guard for deployment overseas, see:

Quote:
The National Defense Authorization Act 2008 Pub.L. 110-181

...enables the President to call up the National Guard of the United States for active federal military service during Congressionally sanctioned national emergency or war. Places the National Guard Bureau directly under the Department of Defense as a joint activity. Promoted the Chief of the National Guard Bureau from a three-star to a four-star general.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_G......ant_laws

Note that the actions in Iraq were sanctioned by Congress, originally under the Bush administration.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Don’t feed the government troll.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
No, feed the Alex Jones' conspiracy nuts instead. They're hungrier.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
No, not as hungry as Karl Marx and his boot licking balmy army.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, imgic wrote:
Wow...guess Slim and Danny haven't watched the news when any disaster hits...US Military is often there providing relief and support. Earthquakes, missing airliners, oil spills. A lot of military traing supports these efforts...logistics, search and rescue, medical, and more.

Slim, Google The Whiskey Rebellion, Our founding fathers did use troops to enforce federal law on US soil. Thankfully we've learned from our past mistakes.


Wait wait wait. I NEVER said they were not USED for it, I simply mentioned how they were not designed for it.

Military training supports those things within the military. The original intent was not to be humanitarian. It was designed to kill.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I still enjoy the Wal Mart conspiracy part!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, tommy wrote:
No, not as hungry as Karl Marx and his boot licking balmy army.


You really need to read his writings. He never had an army nor did he every lead a state. Modern communism has little if anything to do with Marxism.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
You really need to look past the end of your nose and stop being so embarrassingly superficial.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17682 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
In case you missed it, this thread is about Jade Helm, which has nothing to do with the National Guard.

Here, by the way, is the text of of US Code Section 333:

Quote:
The President, by using the militia or the armed forces, or both, or by any other means, shall take such measures as he considers necessary to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy, if it—
(1) so hinders the execution of the laws of that State, and of the United States within the State, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or
(2) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.
In any situation covered by clause (1), the State shall be considered to have denied the equal protection of the laws secured by the Constitution.


https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/333

As to the President's authority to call up the National Guard for deployment overseas, see:

Quote:
The National Defense Authorization Act 2008 Pub.L. 110-181

...enables the President to call up the National Guard of the United States for active federal military service during Congressionally sanctioned national emergency or war. Places the National Guard Bureau directly under the Department of Defense as a joint activity. Promoted the Chief of the National Guard Bureau from a three-star to a four-star general.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_G......ant_laws

Note that the actions in Iraq were sanctioned by Congress, originally under the Bush administration.

Where is the INSURRECTION?

Using the National Guard is a power grab because not enough people believed in the war to sign up for the other military options ... Since we no longer believe in DRAFTING the unwilling to fight in another Viet Nam, our government has had to change the rules.... And use state militias (National Guard)
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1223 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, imgic wrote:
Wow...guess Slim and Danny haven't watched the news when any disaster hits...US Military is often there providing relief and support. Earthquakes, missing airliners, oil spills. A lot of military traing supports these efforts...logistics, search and rescue, medical, and more.

Slim, Google The Whiskey Rebellion, Our founding fathers did use troops to enforce federal law on US soil. Thankfully we've learned from our past mistakes.


Wait wait wait. I NEVER said they were not USED for it, I simply mentioned how they were not designed for it.

Military training supports those things within the military. The original intent was not to be humanitarian. It was designed to kill.


Fair enough. I misread into your statement. Apologies.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17682 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
I still enjoy the Wal Mart conspiracy part!

It's pretty obvious that in order to cover their misdeeds, evil people often make up a story even more unbelievable than the horrible one they are perpetuating. A smoke screen. It often works but I just find them quite entertaining.
Like those crazy stories about the first lady. Just a smoke screen.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
What is the difference exactly between a real world military road block and a realistic military exercise road block?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, Slim King wrote:
[
Where is the INSURRECTION?

Using the National Guard is a power grab because not enough people believed in the war to sign up for the other military options ... Since we no longer believe in DRAFTING the unwilling to fight in another Viet Nam, our government has had to change the rules.... And use state militias (National Guard)


If you bothered to pay attention to the topic of this thread and read the links I provided in that light, maybe you wouldn't be so baffled by the obvious.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
These missions, they are going to be regular from now on and if they do them all of the time, then they can fool all of people all of the time.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Ed it.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, tommy wrote:
These missions, they are going to be regular from now on and if they do them all of the time, then they can fool all of people all of the time.

Fool all except for Slim and yourself, presumably.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Jade Helm 15 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL