The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » John Lenahan Rope Trick (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
New to Rope Magic, I just watched an effect on performed by Mr Lenahan where he made a very small loop on one end of the rope, then he physically through the other end of the rope straight through the bl*"dy loop! No idea how it was done but would love to find out where I can find it, in a book,on dvd etc.

Thanks in advance

Greig R Ewen Smile Smile
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Greig,

It is in Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic.
Look for "Threading the Needle."
"But there isn't a door"
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I say Lad! Do ye wear the kilt when ye work?

When you make the loop pay particular attention to illustrations 3 & 4. If ye do the loop the wrong way, the "needle" will end up passing through the "eye" backwards!

I'm not Scottish, but Pat Page was a dear friend!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Thanks for taking the time to reply guys, much appreciated.

Dick Oslund...your quite funny, Mr Page was a legend and a truly knowledgeable magician, would of loved to of met him. We have some magical greats in this part of the world such as Roy Walton (English), Peter Duffie, Jerry Sadowitz, David Forrest, Paul Wilson, Euan Bingam and George McBride to name a small few. Standing on the shoulders of giants comes to mind.

All the best,
Greig.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Roy Walton--yes! I never knew HIM, but,I remember his work.

I'm long retired, so, I'm not "up" on some of the new fellows. (I "go back" to John RAMSAY! I never really met him, but, saw him work at the IBM convention in Chicago in >>1950<<!)

It was Pat who explained that it was not "kiltS", but, "kilt" I met Pat in Davenport's in London, in the '60s. I had never seen a TOP IT used. He showed me!!! The last time we were together at a little weekend convention in Michigan, Pat had to borrow some safety pins from me, to "install" his TOP IT!

My pal(and, Pat's) Jay Marshall, played the pipes in a New York play in the '50s. He later told me that, "I'll play "The Campbells are Coming", or, "Bonnie Dundee". --I know that I play one!"
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I have Jeff sheridan performing it on a dvd.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Hey Dick, I well emember visiting Davenports in the early 70s, Pate Page was the demonstrator then . that's what a magic shop should look like, straight out os a Harry Potter film. It was opposite the British museum in Russel square, dusty, unorganised with huge boxes and vent dummies staring down at you from a shelf. The atmosphere of the place was wonderful, not like where it is now in a tube station !
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » John Lenahan Rope Trick (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL