We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Favourite Multiple Coin Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Hi,
What are your favourite multi coin productions.
My personal favourite is Paul Gertner's Snapping the Halves. Although only 9 coins are produced it is a brillaint effect where 8 coins are snapped off one chinese coin. It can be found in Steel and Silver or Paul's Steel and Silver video series.
firewall
View Profile
New user
Rome,Italy
51 Posts

Profile of firewall
Jay Sankey's production (Black Stack I think is the name) in Revolutionary Coin Magic (it's the first effect that you find in this video) or, also, Coins on the Forehand (not sure for the name) in Cultural Exchange by Apollo Robbins and Shoot Ogawa.
Justin Craddock
View Profile
Regular user
buffalo,ny
127 Posts

Profile of Justin Craddock
I love the Inertia Pass (Slyvester Pitch), it is beautiful and without a doubt in my mind the way to go if you are going to want the audience to think that you are producing hundreds of coins.
"When a performance is over, What remains"
Adam Keisner
View Profile
Veteran user
London
335 Posts

Profile of Adam Keisner
'Although only 9 coins are produced '

How many do you need?
Justin Craddock
View Profile
Regular user
buffalo,ny
127 Posts

Profile of Justin Craddock
I do the pitch with 10 coins tossing 5 each time but I have never done it for someone. I just practice it because I have no real application for this move.
"When a performance is over, What remains"
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Adam Keisner,
Some consider a 9 coin production to be quite a small number. Reed McClintock has loads of multi coin productions, including his "American Dream" routie in which 20 coins are produced!
owen
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8696 Posts

Profile of harris
I have been playing around with Reed M's ideas since purchasing his DVD.

His ideas for getting loads have been incorporated into other Nearly Normal Routines.

Use of the Dollar Size Feng Shui Coins allows me to produce more coins since they are thinner.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
788 Posts

Profile of tedski
I use a variation of Ammar's Sonic Squeeze. I usually do a flying shuttle before producing the last coin, but recently I've been doing a Slick Split ala Sankey for the last coin. I usually produce 4-5 coins depending on the following effect.
EricHenning
View Profile
Loyal user
Laurel, Maryland
218 Posts

Profile of EricHenning
Probably the one I use the most is the John Ramsay "gag" production, which you can see on the new "Carney on Ramsay" DVD or on the old "Knock 'Em Dead" by R. Paul Wilson (now also on DVD!). It's a simple production from finger palm and it kills regular people.

I also use a three-coin production sequence from Rune Klan's "Three Pieces of Silver" video, which has some intermediate-level work but is very clean and pretty.

It really depends on what effect you are going for. I generally produce multiple coins in preparation for another routine, such as a Fingertip Coins Across-type routine.

Alain Nu also has a really beautiful sequence in "That Old Coin Trick from his "Close-up Sketches" video which is available from Meir Yedid.

Hope this helps,
Eric
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2913 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Even though there's a gaff I like Garrett Thomas' Threasy. My favorite non-gimmicked is Cocoon from David Stone's lecture notes.
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
I have a five coin (silver dollars) production from the FACE......With empty hands ,I appear to be producing silver dollars from my left ear, right eye socket, mouth, right ear, finishing with the last coin emerging out thru the skin of my right cheek ....All coins are dropped into a glass loudly for a wakening effect. (glass held by spectator)
It really looks kool / Kinda freaks people out!

Mickey...
Stuart Hooper
View Profile
Special user
Mithrandir
759 Posts

Profile of Stuart Hooper
Man, are you just trying to get us to lock you in a room and make you tell us your secrets? SOOOO many people have had incredible reactions to the demo video I believe it was that you sent out, and then we see a post everyone once in awhile on the Café about these insane things that you can do! You gotta release a DVD man, or even better, a book. Or do a subscribtion project limited to 50 people like Steven Youell's doing...just so long as I'm one of the fifty people! Smile

:stout:
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
835 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Glad to see Mickey posting! He's the man! Anyway my favorite productions would be Ammar's Sonic Squeeze, and Reed's 4 Co Pro and Super 4 Co Pro. These three routines are great.

-Bill
CitinoMAGIC: SLEEPLESS NIGHTS eBook - AVAILABLE NOW!
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
397 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
Are 4 enough? I really like "Miser's Miracle' by Jerry Andrus. Makes sense, spectator selects 2 cards, they are openly shown, rubbed together a silver dollar slides out from between them, repeated with two more cards another silver dollar, then one card torn in half and a third dollar appears, finally the half card is torn in half again rubbed tofgether and the forth coin slides, out. During the routine, the hands are continually shown empty.... I like it
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4763 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I've personally seen Jerry do this routine several times in person...it kills! Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I learned to do the Kapp's Chinese Coin trick and found the three appearing coins were quite enough for people to remember.

On the other side, the bit where you take a coin from a candle flame and replace it later is also quite memorable. So much so that I've been holding off using that and a stay-lit candle for a LONG time. This would be more like taking the flame and changing it into a coin... but you get the idea.

A coin dropper can get you twenty or so coins quickly for a good routine. It all comes down to what YOU want the effect to be.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
I love perform Reed's 13 coin Matrix. Its just fun to see reactions of people when I'm done.

"Where the heck are they coming from?"

Thank heaven for Reed McClintock.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4860 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hay James,
I Have A 25 coin matrix I have not put out yet!!! If you get your E-MAG. out and use up all the stuff I sent you, maybe--- I will sent it to you for the
MAG.!:)!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
David,
Most matrix routines are 2x2 as in two rows of two coins. Are you doing a 5x5 matrix?
-Jon
...to all the coins I've dropped here
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4860 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Jon,
No it's a production Matrix somewhat like Reed's!

You do a full 4 coin, 4 card, Matrix And Reverse! Then, you start picking up the cards and putting them down. Every time you do, a coin appears under the card! I do 16 halves, 8 china coins and a 3" coin! Smile!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Favourite Multiple Coin Production (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL