The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Paul LIVE: Sunday May 17th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE) (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
dan the man
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of dan the man
Check this out! Already very excited ..

“Marc Paul is a charming deceiver. He has the ability to include the whole audience in his routines so people feel like active participants in unforgettable experiences. Marc is also one of the most creative mentalists on this planet. I like and respect him, even though he fools me over and over again.” - Barrie Richardson

“Marc Paul has had his own TV series, numerous sell out theatre shows, works for some of the top companies in the world and has created some incredibly direct and impromptu material. Put simply … he’s really worth listening to. Marc has been an invaluable friend and resource on my journey through mentalism. His experience and mastery of our craft has helped on a number of occasions to refine and perfect my own routines. Beyond that, his own creations and thinking will ensure you’re left with pieces you can not only learn to do quickly, you’ll actually want to perform them for real people too.” - Colin McLeod

"In a time of so much 'mentalism nonsense', it’s great to know that Marc Paul is in the world. His work is solid, practical and actually performed for real paying audiences - I love him" – John Archer

"Not only is Marc Paul is one of the most knowledgeable mentalists in the world today, but he probably has more experience of working in front of real people than any of us. Yes, you'll learn some incredibly practical new material from Marc, but of even greater value are the gems of his expertise that you can only learn from a successful, seasoned pro. He is without a doubt one of my favourite mentalists on the planet" - Ken Dyne (Full time Mentalist and Author of 'Bairn')

"Marc Paul is unquestionably one of the UK’s most knowledgeable all-round performers. Although primarily an award winning, world-class mind-reader, as a close-up magician, trade-show performer, presenter and stage magician there is no equal that I know of. If you don’t find something of value from Marc’s lecture then may I cheekily suggest to you that it’s time to get out of the business!" - Nick Einhorn

What will he teach?

An Act…

This lecture will feature a complete unpublished STRUCTURED mentalism act using minimal props with multiple reveals all brought about by streamlined methods. Effects include:

Number Juggling: A demonstration of lightning fast calculation that, for a change, is NOT a magic square.

The Double Blind-Drawing Duplication PLUS: A drawing duplication that involves the whole audience. During this thought of words, numbers and personal information are also revealed.

Unseen Numbers: A very clean “hands off” serial number divination (with optional twist ending).

Optional Finale: A prediction finale that has been in view the whole time and can be clearly read by the whole audience.

Also in this lecture Marc will also teach some of his pet effects:

Summing Up: A super easy and clean number prediction with a great kicker ending. This is suitable for stage or close-up and guaranteed to create gasps.

The Human Equation: A different approach to “Summing Up” that actively involves ten members of the audience.

AAA Book test: Anytime, Anywhere, Any book. The exact handling that Marc uses has long been out of print. Here’s a chance to learn all the subtleties that make this an impressively direct and deceptive book test with ANY borrow book. Marc has used this on British TV by having a complete stranger pick any book off of any shelf in a book store think of a word and Marc directly reveals what they are thinking.

The AAA Phone Mystery: A compact re-working of Annemann’s Classic “Telephone Drama” that enables you to reveal a full length phone number (usually 11 digits) WITHOUT resorting to any memory work. Perfect for close-up with NO reset.

A Solution: An approach to a one ahead routine with no visible one-ahead.

Also Marc will share many professional touches and insights learned from years of experience performing in all sorts of environments.

Who is he?

Marc has been a successful performer for over 25 years. During this time he has made regular appearances on British TV including Equinox - Secrets of the Psychics (Channel 4), Paul McKenna’s Paranormal World (ITV1) Mysteries (BBC1) and Paul Daniels’ Secrets (BBC1).

In 1999 he got the opportunity to create and perform in his own 16 episode series for cable TV called “Mind Games”. This show was seen by the judging panel for the World Magic Awards in Las Vegas and as a result Marc won the title of “Best Mind-reader” for that year.

On Christmas Eve 2002 he appeared on the BBC’s Parkinson Show and amazed Michael and his guests Tom Jones, Martine McCutcheon and Alistair McGowan.

More recently you may have seen him heading up the mentalism show as part of the BBC’s History of Magic series and crossing swords with Ann Robinson on a special celebrity edition of "The Weakest Link".

In the latter part of 2011 Marc was chosen to be part of an X-Men live event that launched the X-Men First Class movie. He appeared on radio, TV and various on-line media and was dubbed “The real-life Professor X”. Also in 2011 he filmed a series of interviews for “TV’s 50 Greatest Magic Tricks”. The programme features one of Marc’s own original routines.

In early 2015 Marc taught famous British actress Nina Wadia how to read minds on the ITV1 hit show “Get Your Act Together”.

Marc’s powerful, interactive corporate show is created to inspire any audience to believe in the impossible.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I am a big fan of Marc and his work. I am familiar with some of the items which will be taught, and they are absolutely fantastic! I will definitely purchase this lecture.

Elliott
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
A true pro in the art. This lecture will be awesome for sure. His AAA book test re-define the possibilities with a borrowed book and his approach is so simple that is genius.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1293 Posts

Profile of Robb
Yeah, love Marc's work. This should be enjoyable.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
This is great news. Only recently I was thinking that I'd love to see Marc Paul do Penguin live. His AAA stuff is fantastic. True Lies is a very nice impromptu piece and I'd like to see if he has any further work on the principle.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I am very excited about this!

Regards,
Mike
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Just signed up. Really looking forward to this.

Elliott
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
775 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Wow. I have always wanted to see Marc in action. Excited!
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2518 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Got to watch about half. What I saw was great and practical. If you really want to have some fun, do the AAA Booktest at a bookstore at the mall. Get your local television station to come by and tape. Its awesome.

Best
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Has anyone had this appear in their download list? It's not showing up for me.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2518 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
It takes about 24 hours to show up.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
685 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
On May 18, 2015, Steven Conner wrote:
It takes about 24 hours to show up.

In recent months, the lectures have been available in 5 or 6 hours.

It's now 10:30pm in the UK. Usually I have an email saying the lecture is ready to download by 6-7am. So it's taking much longer this time. Hope someone didn't forget to press record!

I contacted Penguin earlier and they said they "guaranteed" it would up by the end of the day. So hopefully that means not long to go now.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1350 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Penguin says the lectures will be posted within 24 hours.

Many times they get them up far quicker, for which they deserve cheers.

But they don't deserve any complaints until after their stated time window has passed.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
It´s up now. I already have the file.

An excellent lecture from a professional. Everyone has a special an unique voice. Some authors are not performers and their value is on theory and techniques, others are performers that can share insights about audience management, social interaction, staging etc. Marc knows his craft and this lecture was a truly inspirational moment for those who wants solid routines, simple and visible structure (especially the mini act that he did) and to see a professional in the business. His take on the "Telephone Drama" and "AAA Book Test" are highlights for me. I will re-watch this one to get new ideas for my repertoire.

I highly recommend this one.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
CL
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
73 Posts

Profile of CL
I just watched this lecture and think it is one of the best I've seen on Penguin. His AAA effects are classic and the "bonus" lie detector he did at the end was also wonderful.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
Just startes watching this last night and am loving it so far. Only about half way in but so far it was worth it just for the opening effect, cant wait to watch the rest of it.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1293 Posts

Profile of Robb
Really great lecture. I didn't love the number routine because I've done it so many times myself (a variation) so it was all sort of old hat, but the variation on 4DT is just fantastic! A real game changer for me. I've never done 4DT because I've never seen a variation that felt quite right for me. Marc was extremely generous to share this routine ("A Solution") with us. I almost wish he hadn't. ;-)

The card routine was good and a nice example of a bold method that works when properly executed.

Haven't watched the interview part yet... but yeah, I was blown away. Marc is very cool. His style is not as "mystical" as some but I can see it be very "commercial" and working well with a broad audience.
CL
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
73 Posts

Profile of CL
Hi Robb. I agree with you. He talks about his style in the interview and I think its great advice.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
If I may say I was late to this party - this is one of my favorite Penguin lectures. Excellent.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
His version of 4dt was outstanding.
There is no holy grail!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Paul LIVE: Sunday May 17th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE) (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL