The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Paul LIVE: Sunday May 17th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE) (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
See now we are in agreement!

His 4DT was actually a creative improvement on Bob's very hard to improve classic. As I was watching I knew what he was doing of course but it was very clever. Winner.

Now I'm patiently awaiting your SvenPad order my friend Smile
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Karli
View Profile
New user
Estonia
71 Posts

Profile of Karli
A question to those who have seen this: In the lightning calculation demonstration that he does in the beginning of "the act", how do you control the sum 170 that he gets in the end? Must be easy, but I somehow don't get this
RealityRocks
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of RealityRocks
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2016, Karli wrote:
A question to those who have seen this: In the lightning calculation demonstration that he does in the beginning of "the act", how do you control the sum 170 that he gets in the end? Must be easy, but I somehow don't get this

Hi Karli,

you probably should state the question on the penguin forum for that lecture. The "method" Marc uses, is a simple mathematical concept which he explains at the beginning. But to understand it, you have to do the "math" (it is more mechanics than math in my opinion) by yourself a few times.

Apart from that, I just scrolled through the lecture again, to make sure I had the correct method in mind. He does force 170 later in his act if I saw it right, and he forces another number (but which also has somewhat similar ("semantically" similar to 170) to it) at the beginning (which you referred to?).

Anyways, at the beginning he uses a simple mathematical (mechanical) concept, as he des in the middle (explanation starts at about 1:31:00). Both are different "concepts" (even calling those things concepts is totally overstated IMHO), but both should be able to understand by a grade schooler. (Not the mathematical theory behind it of course, but the concepts in both cases are not complicated).

Just do both calculations a few times, and you will get it. If not, state a more detailed (meaning: what are the actual problems you have and what have you tried so far?) question in the penguin forum, then it can be explained there.

Cheers
R
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
Just rewatched the lecture that I think is one of my top 5 lectures so far

For those wha has it, in which part does he cover the solution to one ahead with no visible one ahead??? I somehow missed it

Thanks a lot Smile
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10101 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yeah, I agree with you Ypnoze, he was one of mine as well. Besides being a great performer he is a great teacher and educator as well. Now you've got me wanting to rewatch it too.
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
505 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
For me too, this one is right up there.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
Any idea on what the routine named the solution (about the one ahead with no visible one ahead) is?

Is it the one he uses in the telephone drama?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Paul LIVE: Sunday May 17th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIVE) (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL