The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Looking for a coin routine that plays big. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I'm looking for a coin routine that fits the followng criteria.

1) Can be played for 200+ people on stage.
2) Can we done with poker chips
3) Is simple to follow.

Free-styling by Lee Asher would be ideal but, for complicated reasons, is not an option.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2944 Posts

Profile of fonda57
You can adapt most any three fly routine with poker chips. Or how about a poker chip to glass, like John Carney's?
I j
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8855 Posts

Profile of funsway
Any coin effect would be enhanced by having volunteer assistants serve as witnesses for the larger audience.

Their participation and reactions will sell the effect for those who cannot see the action well.

Colorful poker chips can help. I prefer the heavier ones with a metal center.

I have an effect called "Untouched" using poker chips and a silver and a copper coin (no gaffs)

I have all of these selected by a spectator from a basket full of various chips and coins.

The copper coin I sandwiched between two Black chips so that the performer can't touch them -- then given to a VA to hold.

The Silver coin is sandwiched between two Orange chips /and given to another VA to hold.

They both verify what they hold for the audience, You have never touched the coins and now stand far away.

The coins change places in the hands of the VA's so that color parity is established.

Each VA opens their chip stack and announces what they now hold. The reaction is tremendous -- even amongst magicians.

write me as directed below (sig line) if you are interested.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1493 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Have a look at Romany's performance of Coins Across (it's on YouTube). I wouldn't try to copy it, though.

Barry
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Nicholas!

The effectiveness of almost any routine or trick DEPENDS N O T on the PROP, but on the PERFORMER and his PRESENTATION.

Scroll back UP and re read Fonds's FUNSWAY'S, and Mindpower's posts!

Emil JARROW (of Bill in Lemon fame) would ask a "down front" spectator in a vaudeville theater (seating hundreds)to stand. Emil would show a nickel, and toss it into the spectator's hand, asking the spectator to close his hand as soon as he felt the coin. When the gentleman reopened his hand, it was a quarter. The spectator's surprised look sold the effect to the rest of the audience.

Like many other performers, I have done a sponge ball routine with TWO balls, and a purse frame for high school audiences of 2,000. The on stage spectator's reaction, SELLS it.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Looking for a coin routine that plays big. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL