The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » NY Kids Entertainment Trend? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1314 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Here is an interesting article http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalf......-AAbzLUM

This is NOT my market!!! Anyone else?

Mark
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Got to be honest - I find it a tad distasteful.

Also, the article was very badly written. None of my editors would have let me get away with that sort of sloppy prose.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2120 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
$350 an hour for a fairy??!? Dang....mabye I should look into the tights & wings thing.....
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
I was talking to a mom today, that said, her husband one time brought unicorns into the back yard, because her daughter really liked unicorns. That's right. Someone had a company, that put horns on horses to make them look like unicorns.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
So what's the trend - downsizing the number of guests and spending more on the few?
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I was born too soon!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Yes.... I've heard you have the legs for a Tu Tu
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:

Also, the article was very badly written. None of my editors would have let me get away with that sort of sloppy prose.

Tony;

You are the most negative person on the Café forum. It is a bit rich to be posting about finding it distasteful for parents to spend money on baby sitting chuffers and exotic performers.

Tony, are you the only entertainer in the world worth the money you charge for a performance?

The facts are that the performers and limousine chuffers are making a living wage in one of the most expensive cities in the United States to live and at the same time the parents are wealthy enough to pamper and fulfill the dreams of the children they love.

It's all good.

I also find it distasteful that you critique the reporter's writing skills. I understood the information in the post and I enjoyed reading it.

This article was not a blog posted on a personal website. Anne Wermiel, is employed by a well known newspaper in a major market and has her articles are posted on major websites.

In fact, the editors of the MSN website thought her article was entertaining, had good information and written well enough to post on the MSN website.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Howie, unlike you I have actually worked as a reporter. And a sub-editor/editor. Poor writing is poor writing. Many build careers despite that, just like many build careers in entertainment despite being poor entertainers. A fact of life.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Yay! Tony! My English prof. would probably have worn out his blue pencil!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hey Jay! A Tu Tu --no! --more likely a Three Three! (HeeHee)
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:

On Apr 28, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
Howie, unlike you I have actually worked as a reporter. And a sub-editor/editor. Poor writing is poor writing. Many build careers despite that, just like many build careers in entertainment despite being poor entertainers. A fact of life.

Tony;

Anne's article was entertaining and readable; the MSN editors think her writing is good enough to be on the website.

Anne is successful in her field.

Quote:

On Apr 26, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:

The point of my post was the constant negativity of your posts; the fact that you find it distasteful that parents are spending money on entertaining their children.

If parents were not spending money on entertainers, we all would be out of business
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Howie, if the MSM editors were top shelf they would be working in print not on an internet site. There is more to writing than readable. Check out Shakespeare and Dickens. It might be an eye-opener.

And the point of your post was not to highlight my negativity. It was to spew venom. Are you off your meds? But keep it up. It amuses me.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
Howie, if the MSM editors were top shelf they would be working in print not on an internet site. There is more to writing than readable. Check out Shakespeare and Dickens. It might be an eye-opener.

And the point of your post was not to highlight my negativity. It was to spew venom. Are you off your meds? But keep it up. It amuses me.

Tony;

Are you still using the phone book to look up phone numbers?

Newspapers all over the world are closing down daily as the kindles and I-Pads increase in numbers to enable people to read up to the minute news from national news gathering websites like MSN; even the pamphlets you sell on Amazon are E-Books.

High lighting your negativity is a simple matter of just reading any post you write in a thread.

Tony, I am an entertainer and if I amuse you I am a success as an entertainer.

Thank you for the compliment
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Howie, Kindle sales have plateaued. They reached 30% saturation of the market, and stalled. And iPads don't sell because of their news content. That is just a minor feature and not one of the selling points.

True, newspaper sales have peaked and are in decline. But book sales have never been healthier.

But I am mystified about my pamphlets. I have never written a pamphlet. Everything I sell on Amazon (roughly fifteen books, no pamphlets) is a hardback or a paperback. One is even on magic; you might learn something from it.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Tony;

I gave it a shot; I clicked on the link in your signature and it is broken.

I went to Amazon and tried to look up Tony Black Mysteries-ebooks, the info written in your link, even though you only sell hardcover and paperback books as you don't sell e-books and I got nowhere with hard cover books, just Tony Black e-books.

I'm willing to look if you can fix the link under your signature or post a link
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Howie, if you had looked under my name instead of my stage name you would have found them. All except the three I ghosted for some well known people who couldn't write.

And the Tony Black mystery - now with a major publisher awaiting a mass-market paperback release, which is why the link is broken - is 110,000 words long, so hardly a pamphlet.

Though maybe your dictionary defines pamphlet differently than everyone else.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Mr. great communicator. I did not look under Tony Baloney; I looked under Tony Black, the name on the long signature under your posts and I got nothing; I asked for a link to the Amazon page and I got nothing but a story from you about how great you are.

No Amazon link.
No direct link.
No name to look up
Anonymous major publisher

Your just a mountain of information this evening.

Why would you have a broken link as a signature anyhow?
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
995 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Hey,,,hold on a minute you two.

I need to get some popcorn and a big drink before you continue this very entertaining spat.

I should also say that I am an owner of Tony's magic book. It is very well written and a very good read. I use a lot of one of his routines in my show and it gets amazing reactions. I highly recommend his magic book. Teach yourself magic by Anthony Galvin.

Al Smile
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Al Kazam the Magic Man;

Thank you very much for your information. Since you were kind enough to reveal the information for the book, I was able to look it up on Amazon and found the book for sale and purchased a copy.

When the book arrives I will read it and post an honest review on the Café.

Here is a link to the 2011 review of Tony's book on the Café.

http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic......forum=41
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » NY Kids Entertainment Trend? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL