The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » NY Kids Entertainment Trend? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Although I don't come on here to sell products (like some, particularly in the mentalism sections) I will use this opportunity to promote my last book. By a major publisher, Penguin. Came out at Christmas and did well: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Christmas-Killer......s+killer

Howie, bluster and hot air aside, I hope you enjoy the magic book.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3286 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Tony; I would very much like to put the bluster and hot air aside; but you continue to come up with the most preposterous statements in your posts.
Tukaram
View Profile
Regular user
Iloilo, Philippines
198 Posts

Profile of Tukaram
My kids would never have gotten this! Because I never had that much money ha ha. I think it sounds great. I cannot fault the entertainers for making a living. And the parents are giving the kids some great memories. But, alas, I am not the target demographic.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Parents with more money than sense.....and clearly, there is a dearth of real children's entertainment in the area, or none of this would fly. Why would anyone spend $350 an hour for bedtime stories, if there were the option to have an interactive magic and story show, which would surpass a mere reading in every conceivable way? I presume such shows simply don't exist there.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Each year in the resort in Lapland where I perform people pay over 100E for Mrs Claus or one of the elves to come in and read a ten minute bedtime tale. They are getting a second rate product and paying through the nose for it. I don't understand it myself.
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
465 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Is it a Swedish resort, by any chance?

Håkan
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
No, Hakan. I have been on the Swedish border (Muonio) but generally I am right in the middle of Finland.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
On the other hand, I have learned much from talented story tellers from around the globe.

These include traditional story weavers as well as talented drama therapist.

I've mentioned lately that I have been working with one of the latter.
She not only weaves great tales, she builds wonderful sets and costumes both for her actors that accompany her as well as spontaneous kid actors.

Harris
still too old to know it all
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
migwar
View Profile
Elite user
west yorkshire, UK
457 Posts

Profile of migwar
Looking at the amounts in the first few paragraphs

$175 an hour for limo service. Around £100. Seems reasonable considering they have a car to run and service.I'd struggle to get motivated to a kids shows for that kind of cash with only me to pay. The other things on offer seem a little extravangant but they are obvously catering for families with bigger budgets. Seems like a good thing if peoples expectations are that quality entertainment has a price.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
I have worked in Castle like homes on Lake Tahoe, and at Homeless Missions in the inner city.

Both got my best. My payment was just as valuable in both places.

Harris
still 2 old to know it all
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Same here, Harris! I remember Frances Marshall mentioning this in "KID STUFF" 50 years ago.

Rich or poor, physically or mentally challenged, they all get the best show possible under the conditions.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
First thing I did when I visited Chicago back in the 70's was to go to there shop.

(but as "Bongo" said, I digress, from the topic)
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Just use discretion before digression! heehee

I'm finding this thread most interesting. (I think, though, that I was "born too soon"!

The last b'day party that I did, was a "pick up" date in New Orleans, a couple years ago, that I did for my pal Irwin Royes TWGM (the world's smallest magician). The client called Irwin, who was already booked, so, I picked up a quick yard and a half, for 30 minutes. It was a "HARRY POTTER" themed party for fifteen 12 year old boys. (No "kiddie" tricks!!!) They got 30 minutes of the high school show. Several adults asked about my availability, but, I was heading back to Michigan.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » NY Kids Entertainment Trend? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL