The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Stay safe in Baltimore (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..18~19~20 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
Is the destruction of somebodies spinal cord a destruction of their private property?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Are we equating rioting like this with the founding of America?

The Boston Tea Party was an act of property destruction that led to the American Revolution by a people who felt they were being oppressed by their government, so there is a similarity.

If innocent people were being executed in America by police officers, what would you deem to be possibly effective counter measures that the people should take to end this? I'm asking because innocent people are being executed by police officers in America.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5484 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, Dougini wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2015, Randwill wrote:
Americans are going to have to get used to the police angrily executing suspects.

Yep. Sad. But, what are you going to DO about it? Riot? ROFL! Tear up your OWN neighborhood? LOL! Go ahead! Nobody's gonna feel sorry for ya!

And the cops will do what they always do. Mistakes will always be made. My suggestion? Don't run from a cop! Ya ain't gonna get away! Ya might just get SHOT! No brainer. Ya do the crime? Ya do the TIME! Or die.

Doug

Exactly Doug. It's simple- DON' RUN! If you are innocent there is no need to RUN. Not a hard concept to follow. But for some here, apparently that concept is hard to understand.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, Randwill wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Are we equating rioting like this with the founding of America?

The Boston Tea Party was an act of property destruction that led to the American Revolution by a people who felt they were being oppressed by their government, so there is a similarity.

If innocent people were being executed in America by police officers, what would you deem to be possibly effective counter measures that the people should take to end this? I'm asking because innocent people are being executed by police officers in America.

One problem is that places like CVS provide jobs in the neighborhood, and that's important. So, perhaps, instead, one possibly effective alternative would be to burn down the private residences of people who condone their behavior.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
One effective counter measure is to have secret hearings and pretend it is justified possibly.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Surely one major difference between the Tea Party and the current protests/riots is the matter of scale. It was reported that some people tried to steal the tea, but most were unsuccessful. Once the ships were entered by disguised protesters bearing weapons, the tea was destroyed and little else was damaged (so far as we can tell) and the protest came to an end. (A temporary end, I suppose. There was a later war, of course.)

The analogy is clearly imperfect. Yet the Tea Party remains an act theft and destruction of private property in protest of a government.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
Was it the straw that broke the camel’s back?

Tommy
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, RNK wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Americans are going to have to get used to the police angrily executing suspects.

Yep. Sad. But, what are you going to DO about it? Riot? ROFL! Tear up your OWN neighborhood? LOL! Go ahead! Nobody's gonna feel sorry for ya!

And the cops will do what they always do. Mistakes will always be made. My suggestion? Don't run from a cop! Ya ain't gonna get away! Ya might just get SHOT! No brainer. Ya do the crime? Ya do the TIME! Or die.

Doug

Exactly Doug. It's simple- DON' RUN! If you are innocent there is no need to RUN. Not a hard concept to follow. But for some here, apparently that concept is hard to understand.

The 12 year-old boy that was executed by a cop in a park in Cleveland last year for playing with a toy gun didn't run. Too bad. I expect "mistakes will always be made" would feel like a weak excuse if it were your child who was gunned down for just being a kid.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5484 Posts

Profile of RNK
He didn't run and he didn't listen either! If a cop tells you to put your hands up- DO IT! If the boy would have LISTENED to the cops instructions (as most never do) he would have been alive. Again- it's not hard- LISTEN to the cop and do what he says. If innocent- you have nothing to fear. But yet again- kids and adults who are black seem to have more trouble listening to authority and feel they don't have to listen. Why is that? Not society's fault- interview their parents or lack of parents.....

There would be a lot less of "mistakes will always be made" if people-kids would listen to instructions. Shame......
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:

The 12 year-old boy that was executed by a cop in a park in Cleveland last year for playing with a toy gun didn't run. Too bad. I expect "mistakes will always be made" would feel like a weak excuse if it were your child who was gunned down for just being a kid.

Here are some of your twelve year olds:

And, some of these children have guns, real ones.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, RNK wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Doug

Well, that's just not a fair example. Who but the police could possibly be at fault when a 195 - pound male points a realistic looking gun - one that has been modified in violation of federal law to look realistic - at people and then reaches toward it when confronted by the police - ends up getting killed?

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, Kabbalah wrote:
Quote:

Oh, they're just being kids.

RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5484 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yea- that's true. How sweet- just in the streets playing and being respectful of others property. A picture perfect representation of how 12 year olds are supposed to play in the streets.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Quote:
Never mind dog; Beware of Mom:

http://ipad.aol.com/article/2015/04/28/b......98675838

This video has gone viral as people all across America applaud this mother. Kid don't look so tough with his mama slapping him upside his head for being a fool. Now that's the person who should be honored at the White House. Smile
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just a side note. Do you see any of the present adults telling them to stop? Hmmmm.

Curious...what would you do if that was your car they were vandalizing? Say stop that. I think that would work. As they look at you...but don't worry they are only kids how could they harm you. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, acesover wrote:

Curious...what would you do if that was your car they were vandalizing? Say stop that. I think that would work. As they look at you...but don't worry they are only kids how could they harm you. Smile

You mean like this 61 year old who was brutally beaten?

"Baltimore County police said officers were called just before 1 p.m. Wednesday to the 500 block of 45th Street in Dundalk, where a 61-year-old man noticed two girls fighting near his truck. He went outside to break up the fight and then was attacked by a large group of juveniles who were watching."
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
Quote:

"Baltimore County police said officers were called just before 1 p.m. Wednesday to the 500 block of 45th Street in Dundalk, where a 61-year-old man noticed two girls fighting near his truck. He went outside to break up the fight and then was attacked by a large group of juveniles who were watching."

Love the expression from the parent. He is a good boy. One can only respond. Yes I can see that by his actions. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5484 Posts

Profile of RNK
Interesting- the guy, Lamb, who caught this all on his surveillance camera that lives there stated, "The kids walk on top of cars, kick dogs, let dogs out, throw trash, steal milk from school and throw it at houses, threaten neighbors with bodily harm," Lamb said.

Just kids being kids.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, tommy wrote:
Is the destruction of somebodies spinal cord a destruction of their private property?

I think we will find out that Freddie Gray had a prior accident that left him with severe spinal injuries. And, that he was collecting a structured settlement that he was trying to sell to Peachtree Funding.

In addition, I think it will come out that he had undergone surgery within the last month prior to this arrest.

Then again, let us wait and see.
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1194 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Love the expression from the parent. He is a good boy. One can only respond. Yes I can see that by his actions. Smile

Everyone's favorite River in Egypt...

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Stay safe in Baltimore (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL