The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Love these kind of letters (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
One of the fun things about what we do is getting fun letters, and I thought I'd share this one. I'm sure you all get fun ones too. A mom just emailed me to tell me that she raced in the room, to tell her son that his favorite people were coming to town(Grandma and Granddad)- His response, 'you mean, The Great Zucchini', and she said, 'no, Nana, and Papa'.
It made my day.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
That's great.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Great post! Thanks for sharing.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Congrats. How about this one I got:

"You were fantastic! We all loved your magic skills and your unique, natural sense of comedy. Several of the parents commented on your humor and how it made them think of the comic greats- Mel Brooks, Robin Williams, Jerry Lewis. Thank you so much for making Jasper's party a unique and memorable one."
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
Awesome letter, James. It's cool, when parents take the time, during the day, to write you, and show their gratitude for putting smiles on their kid's faces.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Great letters, you guys! Here's one I got after a birthday party:

"Thank you for the most memorable day of James' and our lives. Just to see James so happy helping you on stage was wonderful beyond all things! It was a magical experience and indeed one never to be forgotten. You are sooo great with children and you really touched James' heart and mine. I wish you had your own TV show -- we all need you in our lives. You will get bored hearing me rave about you, so many thanks, and True Love from James. I will tell everyone they must have you at their birthday parties!"
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Oh boy, if we all share our glowing testimonials, this thread will go on for ever. Yeah, I get (unsolicited) testimonials from pretty much every party. But so what? It's nice to get such comments, but it doesn't make your show any better.......

Get over it, ALL good performers get the most ridiculous, sycophatic comments. Post 'em on your website, but don't expect real entertainers to be impressed.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I like getting them most from students in a classroom. The teach sends them to me.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Quote:
On May 1, 2015, Potty the Pirate wrote:

Get over it, ALL good performers get the most ridiculous, sycophatic comments. Post 'em on your website, but don't expect real entertainers to be impressed.

You'd be surprised ... a lot of performers "pad" or enhance their client testimonials. And some just submit a "performance evaluation" form ... from which they select certain phrases to "invent" their own glowing testimonials.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Exactly right, Arthur. Somewhere I read about giving out feedback forms - which inevitably means you'll get a lot more nice comments. And, of course, it's an easy matter to keep any negative comments quiet.

I never solicit testimonials, as there seems no need, when folks will mostly send a nice card, letter, or email, if they truly are happy with your performance.

Best of all, is when kids draw a picture, or write a message themselves...
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Yes, those are great, Potty. But with modern technology, the days of receiving hand-written notes and cards seem to be fast disappearing ...
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I agree with Potty. Don't get an ego. That testimonial of mine came from Thumbtack.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
The funniest one I got was not a letter but a text from a birthday mom.

I was a "surprise" guest at the party. The party was in the basement, and there was a bedroom right off the main room. That is where I waited until all the kids were downstairs then surprised them by coming out of the room, and I was able to move my table back into the bedroom after the show to pack up.

I was about a block away from the house when the mom texted "You left your jacket on the chair in my bedroom". I had to laugh, thinking what if my wife had read that?

I don't think I can use it in my testimonials.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
Great stuff from all you workers.

Two letters stand out for me.

One was from a former high school student who wrote to me while she was studying to be a nurse. She wrote, thanks for helping me through my trouble years in high school. The second was from an elementary student who attended a Dr. Laugh program. She wrote, I'm not sure how you did it, but you got me thinking about buying a puppet.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
One of my favorite testimonials is not from a letter, but an incident. It really demonstrates what a positive impact we, as performers, can have on young minds:

A few years ago my wife Leslie and I were setting up for a birthday party held at a local Children’s Museum. We could see most of the guests arriving on time, but the birthday child was being purposely “delayed” because it was a surprise party.

Suddenly, a five year old boy ran up to me, gave me a big hug and yelled: “I Love to Read!” His grandmother came up to us and exclaimed: “So THAT'S where he heard that!” It turns out that this little boy had seen our "I Love to Read" program at his school six months before. His grandma told us that ever since seeing our show, he often repeats the words “I Love to Read,” and has developed a genuine interest in reading. He actually hugs his books when he’s carrying them around his house!
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Love these kind of letters (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL