The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Best Contemporary Inventor (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Blackwood
View Profile
Special user
Mind-Play
528 Posts

Profile of Blackwood
Who do you think is the most consistently creative inventor of effects today? Jay Sankey? Paul Harris? David Regal?

Or someone else?

:bikes:
Liams-Heart
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Liams-Heart
On the basis of creativity I would have to go with Paul Harris. So many of his effects (especially those in the AOA series) transcend the traditional coin and card effects. I guess my next question would be since he's been doing this for decades does he fall in the "contemporary" category?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Pretty hard to select anyone, as how their material LASTS is the key Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
It seems as though for sheer volume of inventions, Sankey holds the title. But I think as far as quality reactions in an effect goes, Harris is the deeper thinker.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
thecardman
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
218 Posts

Profile of thecardman
I'll throw a name into the ring here - Roy Walton.

He's been creating stuff for 30 years or more and is still coming up with stuff that is miles ahead of anyone. He has a phenominally quick brain that can solve problems that people may have in routines in seconds - literally!
My new manuscript, "The Difficult Second Album", is now available at www.thecardman.co.uk
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
Just to be different, how about John Bannon as a wild card pick. Smoke and Mirrors is many a magicians' favorite. It's well thought out magically and most are original.

An even wilder card pick...Lee Asher. He's introduced Pulp Friction, the Asher Twist, and Losing Control. Sure, he's not the title holder in this category but in an industry of rehash, he's brought some new stuff to the table.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
That's a tough one. I know that Harris' stuff is off the wall and out there at times. I know that Sankey has great ideas and some great routines but the problem is that some of the ideas he puts out just don't cut it at times. Hyped but not workable. Regal is who I've been reading recently and I think he's very clever and has a good sense of what magic should look like. So for now I'm saying Regal.
Necromance
View Profile
New user
Pattingham, UK
53 Posts

Profile of Necromance
A suggestion for debate-Michael Ammar?
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic-Arthur C. Clarke
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced-probably NOT Arthur C. Clarke
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Anyone for Phil Goldstein?

Jack Shalom
Shadow
View Profile
Regular user
Akron, OH
171 Posts

Profile of Shadow
I'd have to say Andre' Kohl
Xia
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
286 Posts

Profile of Xia
Phil Goldstein secondedede....ded
"They say time is money...i say time is precious"
"They say the whole is much more than the sum of its Parts...Thats why a man is much more than the sum of his Past!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Best Contemporary Inventor (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL