The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Adolf Hitler (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I'm a bit upset. A bit of background is in order.

A couple of years back, I was preparing a speech class, and I ran into a video of Hitler giving a speech declaring war on the USA. The speech--regardless of how one might see it--is part of the historical record.

I didn't download it. I figured it would always be available. It's a part of the historical record, right?

Recently I tried to find it again. I couldn't. It's "not available in your country". Just now I remembered it, and since I have a proxy installed on my laptop I thought I would find it by being in a different country.

But no. Maybe it's there. But the first few pages of hits are a version of the speech that has been edited with music and subtitles that may or may not be accurate, obviously uploaded by some kind of modern Nazi sympathizers.

What is not easy to find is the "historical record".

This bothers me greatly.

How can we learn from history if we are afraid to actually let people look at it? Why hide a real speech? Why add music to let us know whether it is sad or dramatic or funny? Why ban the recording?

Is it all "A Few Good Men"? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Maybe I can. Maybe I can't. But let me look at history (the best I can, since it's over) by and for myself.

Or do some of you see this differently?
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Is this part of a hate-speech law? Both edges of these laws appear to be very sharp.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6891 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Is this part of a hate-speech law?


Awww, SNAP! Now we have another LAW! Hate speech now! Another way to censor you...

Doug
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20540 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Jeff I can think of lots of reasons why it is not available. Unfortunately none of them are good reasons.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Found a text translated: http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v08/v08p389_Hitler.html

Can't get /www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org to load.

Came across this too: http://abundanthope.net/pages/Political_......ar.shtml

The links they provide are to youtube and are dead.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, silvercup wrote:

The links they provide are to youtube and are dead.


That's the point.

I want to see a video of Hitler actually giving the speech. Neither my students nor myself need a translation of the text. It disturbs me that neither my students nor myself can be trusted to view such a video.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Does video of the speech actually exist? I found a video with (apparently) authentic audio, but other images on the screen.

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Someone wants it squashed and has done a good job. Reminds me of the latest Penns Sunday School where he comments about a SNL that was not used as a backup because it couldn't get past todays standards of practice.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, stoneunhinged wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, silvercup wrote:
The links they provide are to youtube and are dead.

That's the point.

I want to see a video of Hitler actually giving the speech. Neither my students nor myself need a translation of the text. It disturbs me that neither my students nor myself can be trusted to view such a video.

Two "myself"s that should have been "I"s.

You disappoint me, Jeff.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I can see why a video of a speech would be restricted, but for it to be completely unavailable is bonkers. Academics need the original record. Common sense tells us that.

Neo Nazis don't.

I can see both points of view, but the overwhelming feeling I have is that it is wrong for historic records to disappear.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, stoneunhinged wrote:

But no. Maybe it's there. But the first few pages of hits are a version of the speech that has been edited with music and subtitles that may or may not be accurate, obviously uploaded by some kind of modern Nazi sympathizers.

What is not easy to find is the "historical record".

This bothers me greatly.

How can we learn from history if we are afraid to actually let people look at it? Why hide a real speech? Why add music to let us know whether it is sad or dramatic or funny? Why ban the recording?

Is it all "A Few Good Men"? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Maybe I can. Maybe I can't. But let me look at history (the best I can, since it's over) by and for myself.

There are lots of things I would like to watch that are not on youtube for one reason or another. That does not mean the video is banned or verboten. Often what is of interest to some is still of too little interest for anyone to care to maintain it on youtube. Besides which, IMO youtube is really not what I would consider a reliable or comprehensive source for historical documents.

In any case, I think the speech you want may be in this archive:

https://kickass.to/adolf-hitler-and-nazi......053.html

Look for these files:

HitlerDeclaresWarOnTheZionistStateUSAPart1.flv 48.68 MB
HitlerDeclaresWarOnTheZionistStateUSAPart2.flv 50.58 MB
HitlerDeclaresWarOnTheZionistStateUSAPart3.flv 32.94 MB

Enjoy.

Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5019 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Does video of the speech actually exist? I found a video with (apparently) authentic audio, but other images on the screen.


Fascinating speech. Thanks for posting.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:

Does video of the speech actually exist? I found a video with (apparently) authentic audio, but other images on the screen.


That is the same video as this one: https://youtu.be/niiiHjIQu8s

Uploaded by "Justice Germans", I suspect it and yours is the video "edited with music and subtitles that may or may not be accurate" and "obviously uploaded by some kind of modern Nazi sympathizers" (according to stone).
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, balducci wrote:

In any case, I think the speech you want may be in this archive:

https://kickass.to/adolf-hitler-and-nazi......053.html

Look for these files:

HitlerDeclaresWarOnTheZionistStateUSAPart1.flv 48.68 MB
HitlerDeclaresWarOnTheZionistStateUSAPart2.flv 50.58 MB
HitlerDeclaresWarOnTheZionistStateUSAPart3.flv 32.94 MB

Enjoy.

Smile

I checked out the first of the three files.

Hate to say it, but it looks like this is the same video as the youtube one (just split apart).
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, S2000magician wrote:

I want to see a video of Hitler actually giving the speech. Neither my students nor myself need a translation of the text. It disturbs me that neither my students nor myself can be trusted to view such a video.

Two "myself"s that should have been "I"s.

[/quote]
I picked up on that too but held back. Smile I've found in my experience that when you PI$$ off a college professor, it can come to no good.

Also, @Jeff, I had a great high school Speech teacher in NYC. He made Speech a fun class; that was back in 1965. One of his hottest buttons and has since become one of mine, was when he heard someone say, "I graduated high school." It bothers ME even more today when I hear someone say "I graduated college." OK, back to topic. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, Bob1Dog wrote:

OK, back to topic. Smile

You were sort of on topic.

I could not decide between two images, so I will post them both.

Smile

Image


Image


Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, stoneunhinged wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, silvercup wrote:
The links they provide are to youtube and are dead.

That's the point.

I want to see a video of Hitler actually giving the speech. Neither my students nor myself need a translation of the text. It disturbs me that neither my students nor myself can be trusted to view such a video.

Two "myself"s that should have been "I"s.

You disappoint me, Jeff.


You are right. I stand corrected.

And Balducci was correct that Magnus's video link was the one I was referring to in my original post.

Unfortunately I cannot remember whether the video I saw a few years ago had moving or still pictures, but on reflection it seems unlikely that they were filmimg with sound that day. Nevertheless, adding dramatic music and any pictures whatsover to a historical recording is problematic. It also seems problematic that the historical record of Germany could be deemed "unavailable" in Germany, even while sitting in an office of one of Germany's most prestigious universities, where one would think that we might be trusted with an access to an accurate historical record. But no. Even to watch the video Magnus linked to, I had to use a proxy. In my office in Göttingen.

I find that shameful and embarrassing.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Oh, I forgot to respond to Balducci regarding whether the video is available or unavailable due to being banned or verboten. One never knows. But if I can use a proxy to watch a video, then someone, somewhere has decided for some reason that I shouldn't watch it here in Germany. Usually it is GEMA--the agency correcting music royalties. Could it be so simple as that the stupid music in the background is copyrighted? Unlikely, I think.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Silly question. Have you asked your university library?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Adolf Hitler (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL