The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Aronson & Mnemonica Stack Game on iOS and Android (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
It's very good. Smile

In all honesty, I personally would have preferred it ordered a little differently,moving in terms of number/card for the whole deck before hitting before/after, because I think it far more important to learn card/number than before/after (I think Jan Foster makes a similar point), and therefore/after ones are the hardest - thus slowing you down when you really need to get the whole deck up and running in card/number.

But, regardless, it is still really effective.
Yiorgos
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Yiorgos
Great app thank you! Is there any way to be able to deactivate, on will, the timer as in the beginning it makes me anxious as I need time to think?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On May 21, 2017, Yiorgos wrote:
Great app thank you! Is there any way to be able to deactivate, on will, the timer as in the beginning it makes me anxious as I need time to think?

Try not to look at it as a race against time or something you are trying to get "high score" on. The speed of the levels are actually there to help you become better under pressure (IMHO). Do not worry at all about how long it takes you to "beat" a level. Just keep plowing thru. You will not only learn the stack, but you will learn - card/number, number/card card before and card after. When you get thru all of these in an "under pressure" condition, you will be that much better in your live performances.

These are my observations but I believe many will agree that they are sound observations. Best of luck with it. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Yiagos: no.

It would have been nice to have a timer that started a bit longer then got shorter as you went on, but hey-Ho.

My only tips are:
If you're using a mnemonic system, make sure you've got it sorted before playing.
Practice with real cards in hand from time to time as well as using the app.
Keep going. Soon you'll unlock everything, the you can work on filling in the stars where you've got less than three. The before-after ones are hard to get three stars in, but it can be done. It's mostly just persistence and time.
dave johnson
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
50 Posts

Profile of dave johnson
It’s amazing how high the high scores are on this.
Rhu
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Rhu
HI, just wondering if there are any plans to include a way of including a custom stack into the app?

thank you
pnerd
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of pnerd
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, magicalexcellence wrote:

I just released an Aronson version of The Ultimate Mnemonica trainer called... The Ultimate Aronson Trainer. I posted about the Mnemonica Trainer in the apps section when I launched it. Unlike other "trainers" this is actually a game... it was put together with a lot of thought behind it the learning process, using gamification to motivate you to memorize the stack quickly and in a fun way. I hope you will read the description below and check it out and let me know any feedback you may have!

Here is the Link to the Aronson Trainer:
http://magicalexcellence.com/learn-arons......trainer/

Is this still available? I can't seem to be able to access the site.
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
383 Posts

Profile of Francois Lagrange
There are a lot of free stack trainers out there.

On Android, here’s the one I prefer for its versatility: MemDeckPro.

You can learn any stack as you can enter your own (either directly or via a file you created on your computer), though it comes with a few built-ins such as Aronson and Mnemonica.

It’s not prescriptive in its learning system. You can learn a stack in any way you want: in chunks whose size you decide, or using mnemonics etc.

You can learn visually or by audio or both.

You can test yourself on any combination you want. I suggest you read the help file as it contains a lot of info.

I used it to learn my own stack and still use it to brush up when necessary.
Protect me from my friends, I'll deal with my enemies.
pnerd
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of pnerd
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2020, Francois Lagrange wrote:
There are a lot of free stack trainers out there.

On Android, here’s the one I prefer for its versatility: MemDeckPro.

Thank you, Francois Lagrange.
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
383 Posts

Profile of Francois Lagrange
My pleasure, pnerd. Good luck with learning your stack!
Protect me from my friends, I'll deal with my enemies.
Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
I got the Ultimate Stack Trainer for my iPhone.
You can change the Mnemonica stack to any stack you want but only one stack. So you can’t save several.
I put in the memorandum stack by Woody Aragon as I’m revising it.
I found it very useful to help me get quicker. I knew the stack before I started to use the app.
The app is there to help you get quicker. To memorize the stack I used the pictures shown is Woody’s book.
Used old business cards and wrote number on one side and card on other side.
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
Just got the Ultimate Stack Trainer app for iOS. Does anyone know how to change the stack to Memorandum?
Josh
Sophocles
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Sophocles
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2020, JoshLondonMagic wrote:
Just got the Ultimate Stack Trainer app for iOS. Does anyone know how to change the stack to Memorandum?

Hit STACK at bottom and change each card. That’s what I did for Memorandum.
With this app you really learn and keep remembering.
Alan M
View Profile
Elite user
California
433 Posts

Profile of Alan M
Does anyone know if this app is still available? The links in the original post are no longer working.

I am asking because I have the app but I want to reset it, meaning delete all my previous scores and start over. iPhone won't let me do that unless I delete the app and reinstall it but I don't know if it is available for reinstall. I have PM'd the creator but I don't know if he is still active here.

Thanks for any info!
JonathanB
View Profile
New user
Hampshire, UK
67 Posts

Profile of JonathanB
Yes, I think they are - this is a screen shot from the AppStore…

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Aronson & Mnemonica Stack Game on iOS and Android (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL