The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pickpocketing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Necromance
View Profile
New user
Pattingham, UK
53 Posts

Profile of Necromance
Pickpocketing for entertainment is one of the strongest and, at times, most comical effects around.

The DVD that first sparked off my interest into this subject is "Stealing the show by James Freedman". Steal all types of watches, glasses, braces and ties and from all types of pockets.

I use the material in here as a side-show, to enhance the effect and the amazement of the spectators. I thoroughly recommend this DVD for anyone remotely interested in this field or anyone who wants to truly amaze.

Please reply to my post (as I'm feeling very lonely) if you disagree with my reasoning, morals or just if you have watched this or would like to.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic-Arthur C. Clarke
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced-probably NOT Arthur C. Clarke
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
I've James Coats' DVD, but don't have James Freedman's. Which magic shop can I get it from?
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
I love pickpocketing, and have done it on numerous occasions. It depends a lot on just dealing with the situations that arise on stage. Sometimes they are different from you expect.

I have no DVDs but several books. One published by Mike Cavenny. Another is a limited edition book written by Mark Raffles, an English performer. Probably the DVDs are better as they would be easier to follow.
elushinz
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny Orlando
132 Posts

Profile of elushinz
Hey, and the "seminar" is only 495.00!
"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be f@#d up."
Mitch Hedburg
Necromance
View Profile
New user
Pattingham, UK
53 Posts

Profile of Necromance
SamuelChong,

http://www.magictricks.co.uk and then go to featured products or the DVD section. Enjoy
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic-Arthur C. Clarke
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced-probably NOT Arthur C. Clarke
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Neil,

Be careful with that pocket picking. I now a few people in prison for this. Smile

Samuel
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Necromance
View Profile
New user
Pattingham, UK
53 Posts

Profile of Necromance
Of course, it makes absolutely clear on the DVD that if you do this as a side-show, you must specify before you start (that applies to stage etc) to avoid the prison thing happening.
thk5353
View Profile
Regular user
Northern New Jersey
183 Posts

Profile of thk5353
Does anyone actually have the Stealing the Show DVD Freedman and have a thought on it? Also I'd like to know if this stealing watch and other accessories are plausible to normal people. I heard the stealing is hard to pull off on sober people.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Bob Arno is one of the greatest Pickpocket Entertainer I have seen. He is very funny and slick.

http://www.bobarno.com/

About Bob, born in sweden:
http://www.bobarno.com/whois.htm
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Pickpocketing is great. I also like the concept of "put" pocketing. I get some killer results with that.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
thk5353
View Profile
Regular user
Northern New Jersey
183 Posts

Profile of thk5353
I'm looking for a review on Freedman's DVD.
peterng25
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of peterng25
Re:'Stealing the Show dvd Freedman '
Go to online-visions.com for a review
domclarke
View Profile
Regular user
Windsor, UK
147 Posts

Profile of domclarke
I have the James Freedman DVD and can definitely recommend it. I think it's one of the clearest explained sources of pickpocketing I have seen. It covers all the standard steals from all pockets, belts, watches, glasses, cufflinks, and also put-pocketing.

It also had some different methods that are not in other books. Although I did like the Coat's DVD I thought this one was better. Let me know if you need any specific detail on the DVD.
thk5353
View Profile
Regular user
Northern New Jersey
183 Posts

Profile of thk5353
Just wondering how hard is pickpocketing? I mean if you want to steal a watch or anything out of someone then it must require lots of practice which is obvious. On the website review, it mentions that it requires a "master-level" of misdirection and talking which I'm not too good at.
Necromance
View Profile
New user
Pattingham, UK
53 Posts

Profile of Necromance
Quote:
On 2004-02-19 15:35, thk5353 wrote:
Does anyone actually have the Stealing the Show dvd Freedman and have a thought on it? Also I'd like to know if this stealing watch and other accessories are plausible to normal people. I heard the stealing is hard to pull off on sober people.

Hey, I would certainly recommend this DVD to you. It covers everything (all types of wristwatch, pockets and stuff like braces, glasses, ties, etc..). Sure, it would be easier if they were drunk and less aware, but I've always done it on sober spectators and they never notice a thing. They don't know what's hit them!
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
Quote:
On 2004-02-19 16:51, Kjellstrom wrote:
Bob Arno is one of the greatest Pickpocket Entertainer I have seen. He is very funny and slick.

Yeah, I saw him on TV many years ago and he was simply amazing. This guy is top notch. Thanks for the link, Kjellstrom.

Quote:
On 2004-02-12 02:56, Necromance wrote:
SamuelChong,
http://www.magictricks.co.uk and then go to featured products or the DVD section
Enjoy

Hi. Does anyone know if any other magic shop (preferably in the US) carries the James Freedman DVD? I can't seem to find it in many of the online shops. Or is this DVD exclusive to magictricks.co.uk?
Necromance
View Profile
New user
Pattingham, UK
53 Posts

Profile of Necromance
I think it is exclusive to magictricks because I remember it having a magictricks.co.uk logo on the box and introductory sequence
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
Thanks, Necromance! I guess you're right. I can't seem to find this DVD anywhere else. Sigh, 28.99 pounds is a lot of money for a DVD.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
The King of Pickpockets: Dr. Giovanni

http://www.jewsinmagic.org/magicians.asp?ID=140
shadeofgray777
View Profile
New user
chicago
6 Posts

Profile of shadeofgray777
I attended the James Coats and Nicholas Byrd pick pocket seminar in chicago. It was awesome. Pick pocket is a big part of my show now. I've only got caught once.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Pickpocketing (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL