The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Advertising a sleight by not performing it: "Contred" by Abdullah Mahmoud (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1KS8nCiNEE

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5453

The advertising for this sleight is misleading in 2 ways.

1)- It is not a control that is practical to perform for 360 degrees. The front view and the view from the right both have similar flash-points as the classic pass.

2)- He does not actually perform the control during the trailer. The control involves a distinct and unavoidable movement of the first finger and extension of the remaining fingers of the left hand in order to allow for the replacement. In the trailer there is absolutely no use of the first finger and the other fingers don't extend. It looks flawless. Unlike anything he does during the explanation. This is a fake, misleading trailer which aims to make the sleight look a lot cleaner than it actually is.

Dishonestly describing the sleight, exaggerating it's angles is one thing. Outright faking the trailer to draw in customers is unacceptable. And no.. it's not just "so good" that I've been fooled. If you watch the explanation it becomes crystal clear that he cannot perform the sleight without significant movement of the left fingers, which is totally absent from the trailer.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I agree. If it was for real he would have shown an indifferent card on the bottom first.

It also looks like a cut when the sandwich appears but I could be wrong about that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Advertising a sleight by not performing it: "Contred" by Abdullah Mahmoud (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL