The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » COINS quality (fake 1/2 USD ... ) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Dear fellow coin manipulators, I have been recently robbed of my set of coins and purchased in emergency a set of half dollars that are actually fake copies (probably from china).
The quality is quite bad and the feeling is kind of plasticish.
Does anyone has experience with such coins, do you think it is worth keeping practicing with them or trying to file them or give them any kind of treatment to improve their quality.
Thanks for your feedback.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I would purchase a real set of half dollars.
There not that expensive.
Todd
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
You can get Kennedys at the bank for face value.
Reality is a real killjoy.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Come to think of it…I don't think I've ever seen replica half dollars???

Really, there is no reason to make them, because as bowers and Zach both pretty much say here, the real thing is not expensive, and quite plentiful.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
The replicas that I have seen are 1943 WL and they were quite good.
MagicSensei
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of MagicSensei
I'm hoping somebody can tell me where to reliably purchase replica Barber half dollars. I need 15, so getting the real ones is somewhat prohibitive. China has them, but unless somebody can tell me a specific good China supplier, I'm disinclined to go there. I prefer steel coins.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » COINS quality (fake 1/2 USD ... ) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL