The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MANOEDA- A Mental Which Hand. (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
MagicMikeCat
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of MagicMikeCat
Just bought it from Penguin - love it and the idea behind it! A lot of possibilities and most importantly it is something I will definitely use. I was hesitant at first without being able to see a video and if it would really fool people - but it will! Great job and thanks for a trick I can always carry with me.
Check out my effect "Mind Card" http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7240
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Quote:
On May 20, 2015, MagicMikeCat wrote:
Just bought it from Penguin - love it and the idea behind it! A lot of possibilities and most importantly it is something I will definitely use. I was hesitant at first without being able to see a video and if it would really fool people - but it will! Great job and thanks for a trick I can always carry with me.

Thank You Mike for supporting my work Smile and thanks for that great review! I'm glad you are enjoying it Smile
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Hey, this is really wonderful. And I'm delighted at how simple it is while allowing you to go in many creative directions. I love this kind of thing, and the fact that it is inspired by Leo Boudreau's "Lie To Me" is really special. (I've told the story before of how my getting married and having a beautiful family began with doing that very effect.) Smile Menudo--er, Meneado--dang it, Mahnou--anyway, this little "which hand" gem of Ever's is a deceptively simple bit of conversation that gives a Big Bang for the buck. And it is MUCH simpler to do than "Lie to Me" or things of that ilk--there is virtually no thought needed by comparison. If you can count almost all your fingers on one hand, you have the technical skill to do this effect. Whether on it's own, or in conjunction with other effects, this is something you will use, for sure. Very highly recommended!
MRAC
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of MRAC
I like which hand effects and this is definitely one I use. Normally doing this with some help from FMT3 - but this one I can perform with no set-up at all. And best of all its sure-fire. One situation will give you the info really quick - the two other scenarios need you to go one more step (which is ok). Happy with my purchase Smile
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Sounds like a really interesting piece!
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
You rob an art gallery and take off with $10M in fine art.... you decide to stash the goods in either a secret cave in New Mexico, an abandoned mine in the Yukon, or in a Swiss bank....

You are a Man in Black and need to keep the alien remains turned up in a safe house.... you can keep it on ice in a meat freezer plant uptown, your own apartment downtown, or outside the city in an abandoned oberservatory

Who needs a coin? Smile

although I have used it as written a gazillion times now - I'm doing variations above - especially robbery and stashing themes to "get into their minds if they would be a successful warped criminal mind"
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
MRAC
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of MRAC
Like your variations ... thanks for these ideas Smile
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Sounds really interesting!
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Thank you guys, I really appreciate the support!
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
This is a very good piece of propless mentalism. It's well figured out and the impromptu capabilities of this effect are wonderful.
I'm really looking forward to practicing and performing this, I know already I will fit this in to my repertoire and I think it can be took other places too with work. This is definitely something to be excited about.

The Ebook is very clear and easy to understand and the effect is straight forward, it leaves a lot of room for the performer.

I'm looking forward to Evers future releases.

Joel
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just got this, and it looks very interesting. I haven't tried it yet, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

Instead of doing this with three participants on stage the way it is described in the alternate handling, AND, instead of repeating the effect for one person, as many on the café have demonstrated a desire for, what are your thoughts on doing the effect simultaneously for three participants by asking each the questions and then revealing the location for each of them? Am I missing something? or, might this be a good way to repeat the effect three times, but all at the same time? Unless there is something I'm missing, this might be good because different participants would have different revelations, thus, more impossible.

It seems to me that the reason you wouldn't want to repeat this effect for a single person is the same reason you wouldn't likely repeat any effect. With any effect, the second time around, they are either watching differently, or listening differently. This routine is no exception. So, this routine can be repeated, but it's probably not a great idea. However, How about repeating it three times... at the same time?

KJ
magic maniac
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of magic maniac
I picked this up the other day and it's a good piece of thinking. I don't think it will replace the 'which hand' final stage of Prevaricator, but this is a good alternative for a 1 on 1 situation. My only criticism is that I thought it was a tad overpriced for a 2 page PDF covering 1 effect. This could be my perception based on all the great penguin lectures that run $30 and have 2+ hours of live performance/material covered.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
The more I think about this effect, the more I think the single routine isn't strong enough. When you have a 1-in-52 chance, no one suspects luck. However, when you have a 1-in-2 or 1-in-3, many people will want to see it repeated.

I am going to try performing this for three participants at once, as I think that solves the "can it be repeated" dilemma. I'll post how that goes after I try it a few times.

KJ
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Quote:
On May 28, 2015, 1KJ wrote:
The more I think about this effect, the more I think the single routine isn't strong enough. When you have a 1-in-52 chance, no one suspects luck. However, when you have a 1-in-2 or 1-in-3, many people will want to see it repeated.

I am going to try performing this for three participants at once, as I think that solves the "can it be repeated" dilemma. I'll post how that goes after I try it a few times.

KJ

KJ-

That's a perfectly logical thought. Sure, 1 out of 2, 1 out of 3 OR 1 out of 4 (for the ones who have read the new ideas) probably is not a lot. But I'll post my thoughts on this and how to make it work in the Inner Thoughts Forum.

Still, you may want to just move on to another routine when you're finish with this one. There's no need to repeat it.
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
265 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Would anyone happen to know how this differs from the coin-less "Which Hand" effect taught on Freeform Mentalism by Peter Turner?

Thanks.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, drstevemagic wrote:
Would anyone happen to know how this differs from the coin-less "Which Hand" effect taught on Freeform Mentalism by Peter Turner?

Thanks.

Hey, I mention the differences somewhere early on in this thread. This is sure-fire, Pete's is not. Different presentations as well.. Smile
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
265 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Sorry, I must have missed it. Thanks for your quick reply, Dustin. "Surefire" is very important to me. I will order this for sure.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Quote:
On May 30, 2015, drstevemagic wrote:
Sorry, I must have missed it. Thanks for your quick reply, Dustin. "Surefire" is very important to me. I will order this for sure.

No problem! Glad I could be of help.

Both routines are great, but different. They have their pros and cons. Smile

Best wishes,
Dustin
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Thank you Dustin!

Drstevemagic- I haven't read Peter's which hand, so I'm sorry I can't give you a proper answer, but Dustin has Smile
gglau59
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of gglau59
This effect passes the "significant other" test nicely, and spectators cannot trace it back--and there are no props--and you can do it over the phone!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MANOEDA- A Mental Which Hand. (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL