The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PYO BOOK TEST - Dee Christopher (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
My dear friend Dee, just sent me his latest work. I knew he was working very hard on this project from long time and I have to say is worth it the waait. What you will get is a full package (sent via email) which will allow you to make your own book test. You will find everything (and I really mean everything) in this package, from cover files, interior of the book and much more, and also you can personalize the cover and the interior too (and once you know the method you can use any language).
Is a very straight forward book test, easy to do and very direct (my kind of things).
The price is a joke, really, for all the work he did it should cost more I think, at this price you can't go wrong, and you will have a book test (even a set of books if you want to make it) that you can perform all the time.
More info here: http://www.deechristopher.co.uk/collecti......55036100
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
How does it compare to other booktests. There are so many on the market and the Mother is probably by which all others are gaged.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Thanks for your kind words Luca and for directing me to this thread! Smile

To answer your question Steven, this is a very different book test to MOAB, which I think is one of the greatest solutions for the word test ever created! This routine, however, adds something a little different. You can see the full effect and list of features on the product page; which I'll add below, but this allows you to have a spectator read a page in their head and describe many things. Whether the character is male or female, whether they're having a good or bad experience, plus more... THEN you can focus the thought and have them think of a single word, which you reveal. I have detailed a walk through scenario in the book so you can see how I structure the effect.

Another BIG advantage of this product/project is that I've given you everything that you need to edit and customise your book test, multiple cover options, so if you wanted, you could take a little time to add flashback or MOAB if you already own those. You can replace the book for about £3 if it gets damaged or lost, you can have multiple books if you like!

i hope that helps! Here's the link to see features, what you recieve and to see a sample one of the covers and a sample of the book interior too! (Look at the images next to the buy now button!

http://www.deechristopher.co.uk/collecti......ook-test

Thanks for your thoughts!
DC
The EPIC 5 hour billet masterclass is now LIVE!
http://the1914.com
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Dee shared with me this concept and I must say that is really something smart and revolutionary.
Being able to spark your own creativity and let the book fits your persona as performer and not in reverse. I did this years ago with my own book tests (in Spanish) but in here Dee is giving you all that work and much more.

I recommend without a doubt this great release.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
Is the place to professionaly print the book for less than £3 UK based?
There is no holy grail!
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Clel, the place I recommend has bases all over the world and I have used them for small orders for many years. I have personally set everything up using their templates and all of the graphics are professionally produced to their specifications too; but I detail everything you need to know in the instructions, everything is there and I've separated everything in individual folders with a 'read me' so that it's incredibly easy to go from purchase to performance!

DC
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
898 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Wow! Dee's clearly either stupid or very generous. For this price it's a steal, really! No longer do you need to handle your "cheap" novel like it cost 200 dollars. I've already started planning on some modifications I will add to it, and I think that's the beauty of this, you can modify it to suit your needs. I would say, rush and buy it now for a slightly reduced price, but to be honest, I think the full price is more than agreeable and Dee deserves that for the work that clearly has gone in to this.

//Dan
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
455 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
This is a EPIC book test. He gives you everything you need to do this amazing feat of mentalism. I've been a fan of Dee's for years, but in all honesty I think this is my favorite release of his. I would have gladly paid a lot more for this. It's crazy cheap for what you get. I'm adding this to my act, and I hardly EVER add new material. BRAVO!!

Morgan x
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Morgan & Dan; Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad you guys like the routine and appreciate the package!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Took the plunge and ordered this yesterday. I was a bit unsure as I have tried to understand the self publishing thing before and had no luck. This was sent to me as soon as I paid for it by email. I read the instructions and had a good look at everything to make sure I understood it all. This morning I logged in to the publishing website and followed the instructions, to say it was a smooth experience is an understatement. To say that I am not good when it comes to computers is being kind, but I had no problem at all and my book is now on its way to me. Another surprise was the shipping charge, normally I have to pay rediculous amounts because I live on an island, the book cost $2.60 and shiping was $2.95 so I was more than happy. as to the package I recieved let me say that everything you need is supplied. The other thing that I liked was the fact that EVERYTHING is editable. The book inerior, the covers etc.

If you are on the fence with this onethen jump off and buy it, not only is this very cheap for what you get you will be able to edit it and include the features that you need or want. I shall sit down today and edit it now that <I know how easy the publishing of it is. One thing I want to do is to change the images that appear on some of the pages, not that its something you need to do, its just that I have an isea that needs certain elements to be in the images.
For the price this is a steal, if you decided to edit this you will soon see the work that is entailed in doing it and just how much work has gone into the production of this .
Why pay $$$$$ for a book test when you can make your own and tailor it exactly to meet your needs.

I just want to point out that I don't know Dee Christopher and those that know me also know that I am not usually posting praise for a product, but after the ease with which this went I felt I just had to share the experience 100% worth the perchase, and I cant wait for my book to arrive, a VERY happy customer. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
CSArscott
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of CSArscott
Sounds very interesting,how many pages does the book contain?
Chris
wedge
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of wedge
This has got to be Dee’s greatest gift to our community yet! I received the Download an hour ago and already have the printed books ordered at a ridiculously low price (two sets of books and the download came in at half the price I would have expected to pay). As always, Dee explains everything you need to know in a clear and precise manner and also throws in suggestions to enable the purchaser to make this even better. Being that this Booktest is editable the avenues that can be taken with this are only limited by your imagination. Any experienced performer will see the benefits of being able to add their favourite aspects of their existing Booktest to the plethora of information attainable with this version. This ticks all the boxes for me. It is simple, direct and affordable Mentalism – excellent work. - Phil
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Phil and George, thanks for your kind words! I'm really glad you guys are finding value in the package! Smile

Chris; the book is just over a hundred pages, typical of the kinds of books of short stories I based it on, however, as it is editable, it's a very easy task to make it longer or shorter, should you wish to do so!

DC
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
So I would be able to move pages around and change a page number or two?

Ray
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi All

Picked this up from Dee, AMAZING is all I can say, the thinking that has gone into this is great, and I love the benefit of being able to use this on my smart phone meaning I don't have to carry props about for the close up environments.

Love the fact that it can be edited to suit your preference and performance style which in my eyes is a great advantage that this has over other book tests.

Great stuff Dee, Ill be taking this out to my next few gigs and giving it a good road test.

All the best

R
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Hi Ray, yes, that would be easy to do! Essentially, if you have the skills to do it on any other word document, you'll be able to do it here. I created the interior in word over indesign so that it was really easy for ANYONE to edit!

DC
coops
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of coops
Just had a quick look at the package this evening, the minimum order for the printing of the book shows 84. It doesn't allow you to insert a lower number. Can any of you guys help me on this? Thank you.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Hi Coops, shoot me an email/PM and send me screenshots; the minimum order of books on the site I mention is one copy!

DC
CSArscott
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of CSArscott
I think it's number of pages not books. I've just been on the site.
Chris
rooti4
View Profile
New user
Quebec City
28 Posts

Profile of rooti4
From the comments on here, I bought this last night. Got the download right away and about 15 minutes later, I had ordered a print copy of the book on the suggested site for 4,38 CAD plus S&H. Then I started the task of translating the book in French. 24 hours later, I had 4 books made to print, with 4 different covers. So I will be able to have a spectator choose one of 4 books with a totally free choice, or have two spectators have each one a book and work on both at the same time. I think this concept is great and I guess the reactions will be fantastic. The good thing about having translated it all is that I know this book by heart now, what is on every page. Will make it easier when performing.

The only issue I had was to build my own PDF file from the edited Word document. The web site would not accept the file because Times and Arial fonts were not embeded in the PDF I produced. It took me nearly 45 minutes to fix this by installing the 30 days trial version of Adobe Acrobat Pro Cloud. Then in the Advanced parameters, I was able to make the fonts part of the PDF file. I followed the instructions I was able to get on the web site plus some others through forums on the subject. All that to say that if you intend to edit the Word document and produce a new PDF file, you may run into some issues. They are not big issues, but you need to put in the effort to make it work. Not sure what I will do once the 30 days trial is over .. I read that Open Office could also do the job. Will need to look into that.

Now I have a french version in the ready state to be uploaded for printing, as well as 4 covers also in French. With Dee's permission only, I would be willing to make those available to those who purchased PYO Book Test. Unless there is an interest to make it part of the bundle for future purchasers and an update for those who already bought it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PYO BOOK TEST - Dee Christopher (23 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL