The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Crazy Man's Handcuffs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
985 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Quote:
On 2004-03-04 18:39, daffydoug wrote:
Where can we find back two-gether and band up nose instruction?

Mark Fitgerald's "Back Two-Gether" is on Volume 1 and Joe Rindfleisch's "Spaghetti Up Nose" (that's the name) is on Volume 3 of the L&L Magic with Rubberbands series.
--Dan Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.themystictower.com
Han Solo
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Han Solo
Where can I get instructions on this trick? does dan harlens tapes have it on there?
Kill da wabbit! Kill da wabbit!-Elmer Fudd
Ollie1235
View Profile
Special user
England
533 Posts

Profile of Ollie1235
Go to ultimatemagic.com for instructions on this trick
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Just a note for wongs star gazer...(right handed)
When in the full star position, remove the left index only.
This will leave you with an arrow shape...Handy for shooting stars Smile
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
ash_arani
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of ash_arani
Crazy Man's Handcuffs is just mind-blowing. When done correctly and at the right time, the reactions are unbelievable... I showed my family the clip when Copperfield did it and couldn't believe it is true. Then I did it and they were speechless...
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2322 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
David Neighbors has a version where you see the bands unlink one at a time. You actually see the last two bands still together and then, *POP* it goes right through. Very cool. It fried quite a few magicians who know CMH at the lecture in Portland.

Brian
rasj
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of rasj
Does anyone perform Ebony and Ivory by Anders Moden? It's not really impromptu, but it can get some great reactions, especially if you follow CMH with it.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I love CMH but all I can do is the "Escape" part of it. I cannot get them to reconnect. I have read through some books like elastricks but I couldn't understand how to reconnect them from those sources.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
OiNutter
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
83 Posts

Profile of OiNutter
The spaghetti up the nose effect is also on Joe's Extreme Rubberband Magic DVD along with and effect that might fulfill the linking rings requirement in the original question, I think it's the Jo-Dan Link
www.oinutter.co.uk

I could read your mind but I'm afraid of what I'd find
phase27
View Profile
Loyal user
Tx
228 Posts

Profile of phase27
I remember about 2 years before I got into magic. This guy used to show my friends and I a lot stuff with cards and other objects but CMH was the one effect that always stood out to us. Everyone would always talk about it and could never figure it out. I think that shows how powerful this effect is when done right.
"Life is only as good as the memories we make..." -K.Roe
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Quote:
On 2004-03-10 21:42, Han Solo wrote:
Where can I get instructions on this trick? does dan harlens tapes have it on there?

Dan does a wonderful job teaching this and many others. Also check out Michael Ammar's rubber band magic by following this link

http://store.yahoo.com/ammarmagic/rubbanmagpro.html

Hope this helps.

:cheers:

Phil
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2204 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
For a terrific linking and unlinking of bands, check out The Daniel Garcia Project Vol 1 effect called Rubbermade. It's a great rubberband routine, and the linking and unlinking that he uses as a finale are awesome! No switches, and the bands can be borrowed. Just a little setup with a gimmick that will go totally unnoticed. Really awesome stuff.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
pablovaldes
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico
206 Posts

Profile of pablovaldes
I agree, Garcia´s effect is awesome!!!
Wonderful things do happen
Magic is so relative, that we all think we know what it is
@pablovaldes
Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
I love doing the CMH, especially in places where you can make it look like you found the bands. For instance, in a office or at a receptionist's desk. At christmas time, just chuck them onto the table after the crackers have been opened or in an open monopoly box, no-one questions why the elastic bands were there in the first place.

When you first stretch the bands over your fingers people think you're about to flick them, so when the trapped band 'melts' through the other band the effect on the audience is amazing.
kramerica2010
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of kramerica2010
CHM is the best rubberband trick you could do probably. I very much like Vinny Marini's Pencil through Band(PM him for a demo). Dan-I love your alternate handling on the torn and restored band. I am also very fond of traveling tips and the ring on band. Incredible.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
I have to do CMH with one hand.
Now I do it with the spectator holding the band between one finger on each hand(like a goal post.
Do you have other ideas?
Thanks,
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
MoonBeam
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of MoonBeam
Hi Parson

Try using a finger ring that you have them hold, a buttonhole, or the spec's thumb and index finger forming a circle and then watch as they press hard...and you seemingly pull it right thru the spot where their fingers meet!

MoonBeam
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2005-11-08 23:04, Parson Gary Smith wrote:
I have to do CMH with one hand.
Now I do it with the spectator holding the band between one finger on each hand(like a goal post.
Do you have other ideas?
Thanks,
Peace,
Parson

That would be my 3rd phase after I have done it twice in my own hands. Hopefully that will lead to a watch steal. But I also use it as my unlinking of Pinnacle.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Moonbeam,
Thank you so very much for te great ideas.
I will give them a try.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2322 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
David Neighbors has a phase for CMH that will make you cry. You see each band snap through each other. It is candy for the eyes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Crazy Man's Handcuffs (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL