The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Baby gag- question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Hi there

first and foremost I am not a mentalist and don't pretend to be one.
i have a few wonderful moments in the show but this is not my forte.

most should be familiar with the old baby gag of asking some one to name a famous person and then show a baby picture supposedly of them.

i am seeking info on taking it further. I am sure some have used other principles to perform this and then have the real name revealed on the back or in the envelope
or what I want is to use the gag then the second gad of having a different baby on the back of the first baby picture
but then opening up the two pictures now a bigger picture of the actual person they selected.

i have several methods in mind but none on the level of what I want.

would some of you be willing to point me in the direction of what to study - to look at and methods I can learn and use to accomplish this effect?

thanks for your time

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Oliver Wallen
View Profile
Regular user
London
152 Posts

Profile of Oliver Wallen
There is something about this in a Penguin Lecture. I believe it is Devin Knight's. I haven't seen the lecture so I don't know the method.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Does not speaking of Methods = Inner Thoughts?
Oliver Wallen
View Profile
Regular user
London
152 Posts

Profile of Oliver Wallen
Quote:
On May 5, 2015, RicHeka wrote:
Does not speaking of Methods = Inner Thoughts?

I wasn't going to give the method if I knew it. I just meant that, although this appears to be what he's after, I have no idea if it will meet his criteria because I don't know how it's done.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Oliver...I was not referring to your post....but to the OP...who may 'innocently' not be aware of the rules here. See 'sticky' at top.
Oliver Wallen
View Profile
Regular user
London
152 Posts

Profile of Oliver Wallen
I see. Apologies. But I agree. It should either be censored or downstairs.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
My baby gag, has the final effect of revealing the person's real name on the back of the picture. Plus the double picture gag.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
In my first book back in 1977, "Pseudomentally Yours," I published a variation of this called "Presidential Portraits" in which the name of a freely selected President is written in large letters on the back of the "drawing" in the envelope. TA Waters later published a variant method for my routine in "Mind, Myth and Magic."
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Thanks for the info so far and I will certainly do more research.

for those concerned about methods being exposed here please note that I did NOT ask for methods to be revealed I asked
for direction of where I should be looking to study.

such as what books, dvds, lecture notes etc etc.

once I have some ideas where I want to go with this I would indeed take it to secret sessions but for now all I am asking for is where to begin looking.

i don't want to just have people blurt out methods I want to read and learn and study - this way I have a better understanding and a broader knowledge of the effect I wish to create.
*(sure there are times I am going to look for methods but not in open forum- hope you understand now. thanks)

thanks again for all the suggestions

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
MikkelRKarlsen
View Profile
New user
Copenhagen, Denmark
68 Posts

Profile of MikkelRKarlsen
Take a look at Bill Abbott's Celebrity Smart-Ass Smile Sure-fire and you get the full comedy presentation as well as a DVD with live performances.
Hypnotist. Mentalist.
www.mikkelkarlsen.dk
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On May 6, 2015, Devin Knight wrote:
My baby gag, has the final effect of revealing the person's real name on the back of the picture. Plus the double picture gag.

I have this. It is a sure-fire comedy routine! The pictures are class-A, and can be seen a long ways! Devin Knight's is the best version of this I have ever seen!

Doug
Ben Whiting
View Profile
Loyal user
Traverse City, MI
246 Posts

Profile of Ben Whiting
Bill Malone - Here I Go Again! Vol 1. DVD

The very first effect on the DVD is the "Autographed Baby Gag!" Bill gets the laughs from the first to pictures, then opens it up to show the person's name written very big on the inside. I've been doing it this way for a while now and it always gets a great reaction.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Baby gag- question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL