The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Dealing With Boredom (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
WIDUK~~~! That's TWO GOOD POSTS! on this thread.

I got interested in magic when I saw Stanley the Magician when I was six or seven (1938). I started performing in 1945, at age 13. Later that year, I became a part time professional. (I started earning money, performing.. Twenty years later, I "hit the road" (full time pro.). I've NEVER BEEN BORED WITH MAGIC >>>except occasionally,when I see an inept "magician".<<<<
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Kingman
View Profile
Loyal user
Willow Spring NC
295 Posts

Profile of Kingman
I have to agree with many others. I have been doing magic since I was about 9, that means 40 years, minus a break while I was in the Navy. I have never been bored. If you have that problem, maybe magic is not the hobby for you? Or maybe you are looking at learning the wrong kind of effects. What do you expect out of magic? Where do you want to go with it? How can you improve it? How can you help its growth? How can you inspire others to be interested in it? There are so many questions you can ask yourself that I think will lead to much better answers than a question like the one you asked. I hope that there is enough on these boards to inspire any magician and that the resources available can help quell some of that boredom. Maybe pick the effect you are learning and try and find all the variations of it. Look at all the differences, subtle and not. Let it lead you down the path to discovery of what it is about magic that inspired you to pick it up in the first place.
Good luck
-*-The Card Magic of Kingman-*-

I took the Pledge
Jan Schattling
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
88 Posts

Profile of Jan Schattling
I think boredom is just a sign that something might not be the right thing to do.
Maybe you are just fed up with a subject and need to go on.
There are so many fields in magic and entertainment that everyone should be able to find one that fits his life right now.
And sometimes it is ok to just leave a field completely and try a new one.
"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them." - Lee Jun-fan
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
Boredom may also be a combination of
A. Brain chemistry
B. Perfectionism disguised
C. Impatience.
D. Other issues. ....
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9086 Posts

Profile of funsway
My dog shakes the string of bells on the front door when she want to go out --

perhaps "to do business" or because she is bored. It is hard to tell the difference.

Either way she has me well trained. So, that may be the answer.

If our think you are bored just pretend you are doing something important.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Dealing With Boredom (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL