The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Karma Deck (ebook) - 5 minute memorythmic deck system (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
558 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2022, ltrblst wrote:

The pairs from the original "Karma deck" are really easy to remember and internalize, but the resulting stack is not random at all (with ascending and descending sequences).

That should not be an issue for a skilled performer but that's just my opinion. Although I use the Karma Deck Monday stack.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
558 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Quote:

The subsequent "Karma deck" variations look random, but I found that the proposed pairings are much less intuitive and, coupled with additional suite rules, much less practical.

Disagree. I find all the Karma Deck variations equally easy and intuitive to learn and recall. But how could you possibly know that? Just a few hours ago you sent me a PM expessing your ignorance about Karma Deck stacks. If you permit, I can share it here. Then how are you able to know how good or bad those stacks are? Smile
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
ltrblst
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of ltrblst
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2022, IMAGINACIAN wrote:
Quote:

The subsequent "Karma deck" variations look random, but I found that the proposed pairings are much less intuitive and, coupled with additional suite rules, much less practical.

Disagree. I find all the Karma Deck variations equally easy and intuitive to learn and recall. But how could you possibly know that? Just a few hours ago you sent me a PM expessing your ignorance about Karma Deck stacks. If you permit, I can share it here. Then how are you able to know how good or bad those stacks are? Smile

Because I just didn't own the "Karma Deck Pro" but its predecessor, so I know the principle very well, having experimented with it for a year. In fact, as I wrote to you in PM, I was able to reverse engineer the pairs even before your reply.

I stand by my original comment that using the alternative pairs and suit orders is not intuitive and immediate, that is my opinion, yours obviously differ -- and copy-pasting marketing ads doesn't give you more credit.

Also the argument that a skilled perfomrer may hide a non randoma stack is moot, in fact that depends on the contest and the effects, otherwise "very skilled" cardmen would just use NDO.
ltrblst
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of ltrblst
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2022, IMAGINACIAN wrote:
Quote:
What's up with the testimonial thing? Are you the author?

Well, I am as much the author as you yourself are Doug Dyment or his alter ego Smile

And just in case you missed it, here is another testimonial [...]

Oh my... how old are you?

I didn't post testimionials about a product...

This is getting silly, I'll stop here, I made my point clear, any reader can make up his mind.
Scouser
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Scouser
Mr Dyment

You refer to your Quickerstack, an improvement, I surmise, of your Quickstack. It does not appear in Calculated Thoughts. Where may I
find it?
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2022, Scouser wrote:
Mr Dyment

You refer to your Quickerstack, an improvement, I surmise, of your Quickstack. It does not appear in Calculated Thoughts. Where may I
find it?

QuickerStack is also known as QuickStack 2.0. Calculated Thoughts teaches QuickStack 3.0 (it also discusses the reasons for the naming change).
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
Scouser
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Scouser
Aha! Thank you for the prompt reply.

And thank you for writing Calculated Thoughts

The book is crammed with wonderful
research and Ice clear explanations. Even more, Mr Dyment is a polished writer with many a quip slipped in when you least expect it. Every time I pick up the book I know I am about to learn something new. I am also happily aware that I am going to read this book for the sheer pleasure of doing so.
Rory111
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Rory111
Somehow, I have missed the Karma Deck. I've got some reading to do. This definitely sounds interesting...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Karma Deck (ebook) - 5 minute memorythmic deck system (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL