We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magic For Dummies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicjohnathon
View Profile
Regular user
Oakdale, CA.
122 Posts

Profile of Magicjohnathon
This is quite frankly in my opinion a book every magician should have in their magic library.
Its seriously packed with valueable information, lots of impromtu tricks, as well as parlour magic, restaurant magic, comedy gags for when tricks go wrong! And so much more... Not to mention a magic word glossary, and its just plain entertaining! Friends don't let the name of the book fool you, I highly recommend it to any magician, amature or Pro. You will thank me later!
"If at first you don't succeed! Than skydiving is definately not for you"!
Magically Johnathon Marshall
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
..and lucky for us, the "for Dummies" series of books is so prevalent, maybe the lay public won't notice this gem hiding right under their noses.

I wonder how many magicians actually use this book as a "prop"? I can imagine a "trick gone wrong" and someone digging this book out of their magic case to read through the instructions in front of the audience.

What the audience doesn't know is that it actually *does* have what you're looking for!
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
726 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
It's a good book, But I think the Idiots guide to Magic is better.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1512 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
This book has some VERY STRONG material in it! Maybe too good in fact.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5045 Posts

Profile of landmark
I love the method for predicting the results of a coin flip. At first I thought, nah, that's stupid, but with a little bit of practice, it is actually quite practical. I find myself flipping coins in my leisure moments and predicting the fall correctly 10 out of 10.

Jack Shalom
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
377 Posts

Profile of oagwood
It's a great book and available in many public libraries.

oliver
Magicjohnathon
View Profile
Regular user
Oakdale, CA.
122 Posts

Profile of Magicjohnathon
Wow! I never even heard of the "Idiots guide to Magic!"
I'll have to find me a copy of it! I love reading magic books almost as much as I love watching Magic Dvds. I really have to hand it to todays magicians, they really have it easy, compared to when I was first learning magic in the 70's & 80's.
But that's all just water under the bridge. You got to love todays technology though!
"If at first you don't succeed! Than skydiving is definately not for you"!
Magically Johnathon Marshall
vratkins
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans USA
151 Posts

Profile of vratkins
The best thing about "Magic for Dummies" is the way it starts off teaching performance, and saves the tricks for later. This is the best lesson a beginner could get.

However, my favorite book in the series is "Ventriloquism For Dummies"...........Smile

Victor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Magic For Dummies (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL