The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Aqua-Puncture by Peter Loughran (63 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2015, Xiqual wrote:
I just got mine. Seriously regretting this. It's made with the cheapest materials possible. Just really China crap quality.
$50. Not worth it. I can't imagine anyone not being upset when they see the contents. This should have been a DIY $20 deal. This is not even $5 worth of materials. More like 25 cents.
James

That's what I meant with my post, but I didn't want to be to harsh. I don't mind the materials though, I still don't think its very practical. But that could be me.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Peter,
I think you are a nice person, and cheers for beating cancer. However this is an overpriced trick. Another problem is mine is defective. The bulb is indented so it won't fill up with water all the way.
It doesn't have anywhere near the capacity you see in the demo. The pull could have been way better quality and the bulb material is simply the cheapest that is available.
Seriously the worst purchase I've made in a long time. Let's look at another plastic item made from common objects. Secret Servante. Love it. Could probably make it yourself, but it's a brilliant concept and Sean used the best
material of this type for this apparatus. If I seem harsh, it's only because I'm seriously disappointed. Nothing personal intended.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Thanks James!!

I didn't take your comments personally at all. Like I said I value comments like this to help better our company in the future. With my previous post I was simply explaining why it is priced the way it is.
And I understand that the perceived value of just the gimmick would be a problem for some. But I hope I clarified in how we came to the price we did in my previous post. If I didn't sell this to magic shops we could of retailed it for about $30 which I'm sure would be better received in regards to the gimmick vs the retail price. Perhaps next time we put out an effect with this same type of scenario we will do just that. But there is value in the effect itself and it does do what is advertised and its good effect that gets wow reactions. And we warranty our products so If yours is defective in anyway, I will be happy to send you a new one no problem, just email me your details. Smile
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Peter,
Thank you, I'll mail you my details.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2015, MR Effecto wrote:
This is a nice effect that you can use with your own bottle or even using someones bottle. There is no set up at all on the bottle. This I like. I did performed this over the weekend and it killed. Very nice effect. Very little set up. Or I should say a one time set up. Once your set up you good to go for the rest of the day. Takes like 2 min. Comes with everything you need ( Even the nail )How well is the gimmick made? To me it looks cheep. Not sure how long it will last but who knows it might last a long time. I think the price is a bit to much but it not my effect. For less money I got better gimmicks. You can not perform this surrounded. Best performed with people in frount of you. Kinda like if you were showing a ring flight. So easy to use for sure. I will use this for sure. I just hope it lasts a long time.

Mr. Effecto- I was wandering why you sold yours? I was thinking about getting this and noticed that you have it up for sale after you said that it killed when you performed it and you will use it?

Thanks,
RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I have two. I am selling one. No need to have both. Its holding up just fine. Love it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Aqua-Puncture by Peter Loughran (63 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL