The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Web browser help needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vonschwager
View Profile
New user
ben dover is my brother not a verb
19 Posts

Profile of Vonschwager
Can any one help with this?
I am trying to log into my Yahoo account (haven't used it for a while) and I can login but not get my mail. Instead I get this message.
'The requested URL was not found on this server'.
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
My only helpful idea would be to ditch Yahoo.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Never had that problem with Yahoo and I've been using it for ages.

You might check your firewall settings, both on your computer as well as on your router if you are on a network.
Vonschwager
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Vonschwager
Thank you both for your help. I have gone with silvercups idea. Ditched yahoo and lost all past emails. Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Too bad you had to lose your emails. I can pretty much assure you that the problem wasn't with Yahoo.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
My best advice would have been to try to log in with a different computer and/or IP address. See what happens, then come back here.

But if you have already followed Silvercup's advice, the you must have had faith in him.
Vonschwager
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Vonschwager
Hi, don't have access to, or know anyone else with a computer I could use. I didn't have faith in Yahoo, that's for sure. I don't know enough to do anything else.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
No Internet Cafés? No public libraries? No friends, relatives, enemies with computers you could use or exploit?

Your problem has nothing to do with a browser.

But you have a cool name. "From the brother-in-law."
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I have used a Yahoo account for probably 17 years. I only have a problem when I try to access it when I am in Canada, and that seems to be because it defaults to Canadian servers (.ca). I agree with Bob, it's probably not Yahoo; try a different computer, clear your cache, check to see if your firewall is blocking it for some reason, but keep looking because you may very well run into the same issue with the new email carrier. .
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
This doesn't sound like an issue with a web browser.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Web browser help needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL