The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Shocking news of the day! Better sit down before reading further ... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
I'm sure no one ever saw this coming ... George Zimmerman involved in a shooting.

http://www.wesh.com/news/george-zimmerma......32943828
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
I wonder what the motivation for the shooting was.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
That windshield could have been mine 35 years ago.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Why would it be shocking that someone would take a potshot at George Zimmerman after all the threats he got? I'm surprised it hasn't happened earlier. I'm sure if the guy had been a better shot, there would celebrating going on by the left.

Or did you not actually read the article and think that it had been George doing the shooting?
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I wonder if you actually read the article, Rockwall. If you did you'd know that there was an ongoing dispute between Zimmerman and the other guy. Zimmerman, as you know, is no stranger to wielding weapons and threatening people:

And the article noted that it was unknown if the other individual was injured, indicating that Zimmerman might have been armed as well.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Who thinks he wasn't armed?

Who thinks he shouldn't be allowed to be asked?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On May 11, 2015, rockwall wrote:
Why would it be shocking that someone would take a potshot at George Zimmerman after all the threats he got? I'm surprised it hasn't happened earlier. I'm sure if the guy had been a better shot, there would celebrating going on by the left.

Or did you not actually read the article and think that it had been George doing the shooting?

Sometimes I feel the sarcasm in a post I make is so strongly implied that I do not bother with the smiley emoticon. That was my thinking with this thread. My bad for misjudging my readership, sorry.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Oh, the sarcasm was obvious, but it was also obvious that it was sarcasm for the wrong reason.

Bob, I think it said, there 'may' have been an ongoing dispute and there was no reference to Mr Zimmerman having been armed. (Although, will all the death threats by your friends, he'd be crazy not to be.)
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On May 11, 2015, rockwall wrote:

Oh, the sarcasm was obvious, but it was also obvious that it was sarcasm for the wrong reason.

Based on your responses, I disagree.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I would have been surprised if you hadn't!
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On May 11, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
I wonder if you actually read the article, Rockwall. If you did you'd know that there was an ongoing dispute between Zimmerman and the other guy. Zimmerman, as you know, is no stranger to wielding weapons and threatening people:

And the article noted that it was unknown if the other individual was injured, indicating that Zimmerman might have been armed as well.

Being armed and shooting someone is two completely different things. If one is armed and someone shoots them that does not make the person who was shot guilty of anything. That person is what is known as a victim. Didn't they teach you that in law school? So what if he was armed? Armed meaning he had a weapon in his possession nothing more. And quite honestly we don't know if that is factual or not. However knowing what I know of George I would be surprised if he was not legally armed.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Yes, good old George. He likes to go legally armed.

I never go anywhere without my ball point pen.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On May 11, 2015, tomsk192 wrote:

You must sign a lot of autographs.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
All the time, but not for the reasons I used to occasionally.

Despite living on a road commonly known as 'Murder Mile', filled with people of different skin pigmentation to me, and against all evolutionary odds, I have managed to avoid turning into a paranoid bell-end.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:

You're in good shape should you run into a guy with a sword.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
On May 11, 2015, acesover wrote:

Being armed and shooting someone is two completely different things. If one is armed and someone shoots them that does not make the person who was shot guilty of anything. That person is what is known as a victim. Didn't they teach you that in law school?

You really go out of your way to make idiotic comments, don't you? You seem to have completely missed the part about Zimmerman being involved in an ongoing dispute with the other guy. Who's to say they both weren't shooting and/or brandishing weapons.

More details have just been released about this incident. It turns out that the other driver was Matthew Apperson, the SAME PERSON that Zimmerman had a road rage incident with last year: Here is an account of their previous encounter in which Zimmerman threated Apperson's life:

{quote]George Zimmerman allegedly threatened to kill a man in Florida earlier this week during a road rage incident ... and cops pulled over Zimmerman to grill him about it.

According to the Lake Mary PD, a man named Matthew Apperson called 911 on September 9 and told the operator Zimmerman had pulled up next to him and began yelling, "Why are you pointing your finger at me? I'll !@#$%^& kill you. Do you know who I am?"

Apperson says he drove away to a store where Zimmerman followed him to continue the verbal barrage. Apperson called 911 from inside the store, but according to cops ... Zimmerman was gone when they arrived.

Apperson claims 2 days later, he saw Zimmerman parked outside his work, and called police again. Cops responded and pulled Zimmerman over near the office. After questioning him, police decided not to press charges -- mainly because there was no independent witness.

For what it's worth ... Apperson is white. Also, he was carrying a gun at the time of the alleged run-in, but he has a permit for it.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/george-zim......ZsrGiOrr
[/quote]

But sure- keep calling Zimmerman the victim- when he keeps threatening other people's lives, what should he expect?

I'll ignore the arrogant, ignorant and obnoxious question about what I learned in law school. Mainly because it's obvious that you never learned reading comprehension in grammar school.

I'ms surprised that Zimmerman, given his history of threats of violence with and actual domestic violence is still even permitted to carry a gun.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Dear me, the last time I did that was in the Napoleonic Wars, Danny.

It did me no good at all, since the other chap had a much bigger sword, and had trained at the best Paris academy.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Correction to my previous- Apperson's first name is Michael, not Matthew.

But just to emphasize my main point- Zimmerman has a documented history of threatening and stalking the individual who allegedly shot at him. It should be noted that it was Michael Apperson, the other driver, who called the police following every incident, including this one, that he's had with Zimmerman.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Like I said several months ago in another thread, Zimmerman is a buffoon
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
Dear me, the last time I did that was in the Napoleonic Wars, Danny.

It did me no good at all, since the other chap had a much bigger sword, and had trained at the best Paris academy.

It was a "The pen is mightier than the sword" reference.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Shocking news of the day! Better sit down before reading further ... (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL