The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rotating Credit by Ryan Schlutz (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5617

This appears to be a version of shuffle-bored. Has anyone purchased this? Is any crediting given?
MRAC
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of MRAC
Bought it yesterday but only watched the first part. Yes, shuffle-bored is mentioned there. More details as soon as I find the time to watch the rest.
All the best
M.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Really cool, impromptu effect. I really like it. Uses borrowed objects, like credit cards, ID cards, business cards, money, coasters, etc. I like that you could do this for one person or even better for a group of people. And the prediction is revealed in your text message to the participant is great. They have your number and a souvenir of the magic event with your text message.

Teaching was clear and easy to follow. Not much to it. Definitely a fun trick.
nukraze
View Profile
New user
NJ
68 Posts

Profile of nukraze
Yes - Ryan credits Aronson's Shuffle-Bored, Jonh Bannon and Bob Hummer. Tried this while out to dinner with family and friends while waiting for our meal to arrive. The effect allows you to vary the outcome given the cards people have on them. Took a minute to send the prediction and performance was easy. Everyone was definitely blown away by the build up of the predictions. Just kept reiterating that they were making all of the decisions around the shuffling. I'll definitely be working on my presentation for this as it truly is impromptu and a great effect.

-Tom
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Can the prediction be written on paper?
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Yes.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Cool, thx itsmagic.
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Rotating Credit is a wonderful effect. I downloaded it yesterday, and it exceeded my expectations. I can't wait to use it! Thanks Ryan.

Zack
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
268 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
This looks to me exactly like Lennart Green's Rain Man -- right down to the "mistake" at the end.

(Or did Lennart borrow this from Bob Hummer et al. to begin with?)
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I purchased it even thought I thought the method was quite transparent. After watching the explanation and confirmed my original suspicion of the methodology. At this point I would be very hesitant to actually perform this out of concern that the spectators will see what is going on. I have not performed this yet. IF other people have and have received good reactions, then I would certainly take those first hand experiences into consideration.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Ryan has a devious mind is obsessed with fooling his audience. He is also knows his magic history and cares about crediting.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Quote:
On May 14, 2015, Gorecki wrote:
This looks to me exactly like Lennart Green's Rain Man -- right down to the "mistake" at the end.

(Or did Lennart borrow this from Bob Hummer et al. to begin with?)

The prediction revelation is very similar (especially the mistake), but Ryan's routine is different. Lennart Green's routine can be viewed here at the 9:48 mark:

http://youtu.be/l29q7OxKMmM

They are similar but not exact.

Hope that helps,

Zack
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
And (as far as I am aware) Lennart Green's routine is based on Simon Aronson's Shuffleboard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rotating Credit by Ryan Schlutz (4 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL