We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Patter for spell binding boxes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
I just got a set of these. What patter or presentations do any of you use?
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
What ever way you do the routine, try to make sure that the boxes are out on the table before the coin has "vanished"

Whether you use a hanky or envelope type thing, or whatever, it doesn't look very good to vanish something and THEN pull out the boxes, you should always try to make the spectators think that the coin was out and about after they had the boxes.
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
I agree with MacGyver. I use a rattle box from Viking. I put the marked coin into the rattle box with my right hand, stealing it back, and I continue to rattle it with my left hand as I load and bring out the nest of boxes. That is the mechanics that I use for the effect, my patter is tied to an on-going theme that I use for several routines. Best of luck with this effect, it gets wonderful responses.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Thank you both!! I like the idea of the Rattle Box!
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Justin Craddock
View Profile
Regular user
buffalo,ny
127 Posts

Profile of Justin Craddock
If you have an extra one you can patter about it being on the table the whole time and switch it.
"When a performance is over, What remains"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Patter for spell binding boxes? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.33 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL