The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Looking for ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AlexanderG
View Profile
Veteran user
No more and no less than
348 Posts

Profile of AlexanderG
Looking for a coin (one or multiple) routine/sequence/vanish/handling that uses half dollars; doesn't involve gaffs; isn't 3-fly-ish or overly coins-across-ish; is on the slow and fluid side rather than speedy and frenzied; doesn't require special clothing; is taught well on a download or DVD; and is suitable for an intermediate-to-skilled coin worker. Thanks, everyone!
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2034 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
How about Al Schneider's Matrix

fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2944 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Good idea. Can't go wrong with Matrix. Very magical.
I j
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2944 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Good idea. Can't go wrong with Matrix. Very magical.
I j
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8858 Posts

Profile of funsway
An Okito type box can allow for many routines and themes. A Boston Box even better

Check with Dave Neighbors. As simple or complex as you wish to make it.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
AlexanderG
View Profile
Veteran user
No more and no less than
348 Posts

Profile of AlexanderG
Thank you for those ideas. (Where can I find that Schneider matrix routine explained?)

Also, interested in something involving just coins (no table or props).
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2034 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On May 14, 2015, AlexanderG wrote:
Thank you for those ideas. (Where can I find that Schneider matrix routine explained?)

L&L's World's Greatest Magic - Matrix / Coin Assemblies is one place, with multiple variations by other well known folks.

Details: http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......_id=2315
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Paul Harris has a great "quickie" variation of Al Schneider's Matrix, called Giant Killer Coin.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8730 Posts

Profile of Mb217
You might also check Ron Bauer's, "Gadabout Coins Revisited" version. Seems to fit what you're looking for and is a nice effect using multiple half dollars. I know the more basic play of this can also be found in Bobo's.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=asutRJZ9rBo
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
THECLAW
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of THECLAW
You sound like you have a plot, criteria and know what you want. I think it would be great for you to research thru reading etc.and learn the moves, sleights, patter , personality to accomplish this. You will be very fulfilled and learn lots. yoy will become a better performer, make it your own.
Dafedas B
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Dafedas B
Hanging coins? Not too hard and very aesthetic?..
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3968 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Probably the one I think best meets your criteria is my Triple Play, on the Penguin Live lecture or the NYCMS dvd series. It is a three coin appearance, vanish, appearance, is EXTREMELY clean, no gaffs, and not done fast. Good patter as well. Check it out. Also have n same two places a routine called sliding wild coin, with a three coin production, change to three copper coins, and then a three coin vanish. No gaffs, and your hands look clean, also very easy!
Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8858 Posts

Profile of funsway
Rune Klan has several such routines in his DVD "3 Pieces of Silver" - complete coin routines designed for table hopping
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Looking for ... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL