The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Steve Dusheck Coin Box Set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1943 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Anyone heard of these, and if so, know how rare (or not) they are?
Set of two boxes with some very unique features.

Pic: http://www.dropbox.com/s/pgoz4wx8g9qmfvp......4sm2.jpg
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1666 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Quote:
On May 14, 2015, inigmntoya wrote:
Anyone heard of these, and if so, know how rare (or not) they are?
Set of two boxes with some very unique features.

Pic: http://www.dropbox.com/s/pgoz4wx8g9qmfvp......4sm2.jpg

Never knew Steve had a coin box, are these yours, and are you looking to sell them ?
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
1943 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Yes, they're mine, but I'm not sure if I want to part with them, and if so, at what price.

I'm a bit of a Dusheck collector - so he probably despises me Smile - and got these as part of a bundle of effects.

They're clearly not your usual Okito type coin boxes. By design the large base makes it impossible to put the lid on the bottom. Smile
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2632 Posts

Profile of Tom G
You could contact Steve on his website.
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
561 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
And it looks knurled too. I wonder what the significance of that is? Holding in French drop position? Very interesting looking box. It would be awesome to hear what Steve has done with it.
tstark
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
265 Posts

Profile of tstark
It is called Coin Stack, one of a number of tricks invented by Steve and made by Eddie Gibson. I was able to find a YouTube video of someone performing the trick with 10 pence coins. If yours is the same then the box lid does not appear to belong and you would need a brass ring. The set-up is similar to the 3 in 1 coin box set, or Dynamic coins. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekuyesR8Dso
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
1943 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On May 17, 2015, tstark wrote:
It is called Coin Stack, one of a number of tricks invented by Steve and made by Eddie Gibson. I was able to find a YouTube video of someone performing the trick with 10 pence coins. If yours is the same then the box lid does not appear to belong and you would need a brass ring. The set-up is similar to the 3 in 1 coin box set, or Dynamic coins. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekuyesR8Dso

Thanks for sharing that.

While "Coin Stack" (which I was previously unaware of) appears to share many elements with my set, the instructions refer to them as "Dusheck's Coin Boxes", and specifically mention the lid and its spiral design on top, so I'm sure it "belongs". Both are interesting variations on the theme....
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2121 Posts

Profile of RCP
They are being ripped off and marketed as Dynamic coin now. Poor Steve has invented and had stolen from him a lifetime of magic.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
1943 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2016, RCP wrote:
They are being ripped off and marketed as Dynamic coin now. Poor Steve has invented and had stolen from him a lifetime of magic.

No kidding. It's why he stopped selling publicly so long ago. I was just getting into magic at the time and managed to get a hold of a couple classics (Wash Out and Touche').

Just for clarity, it appears that it's "Coin Stack" that's being sold as "Dynamic Coin".
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22046 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Steve Dusheck's father made his coins when he was putting them on the market. Never heard of any coin box. I worked for a magic store and ordered many of Dusheck's products at the time, and no mention of a coin box.

Steve never cared that all these people would steal his ideas and never give him a cent for his genius. Just not right.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3983 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I believe he cared very much about it.

BTW, I just scored & received an unused "Touche" on eBay. Really clever thinking (as usual) from Steve!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2121 Posts

Profile of RCP
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2016, Chessmann wrote:

BTW, I just scored & received an unused "Touche" on eBay. Really clever thinking (as usual) from Steve!

He did care very deeply and passionately but didn't have the desire to fight those so unethical. It's one of magics greatest losses.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
1943 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2016, Chessmann wrote:

Yeah, that's a great one... leads them down the garden path, then *BAM*! Smile

Some of these should really sell for more, but they're so little known, no one knows exactly what the effects are much less how strong they play.
plungerman
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of plungerman
I've seen Dynamic coins done before. The cap used to be a real tool used by bankers and related professions to keep stacks of coins in a countable condition. What excuse people have for the B**g ring needed to recover the Sh**l is the real mystery. At no point in any performance on you-tube (that I've found) does anyone make a point of showing that the coins were ever separate. It really becomes the adventure of the props. Nice props though they are the adventure does not get far.

Praise be to Mr. D.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Steve Dusheck Coin Box Set (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL